Tile & Stone Retailers
HomeStars  >  Tile & Stone Retailers in Edmonton  >  After Eight Floorings Inc

Reviews for After Eight Floorings Inc

New flooring hardwood

We had new flooring.
Hardwood - many issues as hardware installer didn't do a good job as per another of their hardwood installers. It took me more than 2 years to have this serviced since they had no hardware technician working for them at the time. Vince did not come out straight to advise that this was cause of the delay. He kept promising call backs and service ...until two years later he finally sent a newly hired service technician Jim. When this was finally somewhat fixed, we received a bill? I called the company who advised that there is a warranty...but all of a sudden it disappeared?!...This was a horrible experience. This company had absolutely no interest in completing what they were supposed to do. Very poor service and workmanship. Would not recommend.

1 review ,

Carpet for hotel rooms

We have ordered carpet for 50 rooms and received for 48. The deceiving point that we did not see was that there were 52 rolls of carpet but 8 rolls were half the length, and in result getting done only 48 rooms. The manager of the store is denying all that even though we have been customers for over 20 years and have spent more that $200,000.00 on carpets and tiles.
I would not recommend them to anyone to buy from them due to their fraudulent acts.

Anonymous from Edmonton
Anonymous from Edmonton

Commercial flooring

Product quality is reasonable, but follow through with placing the order with a salesperson and then arranging to receive this order was an ordeal. Misinformation resulted in unreasonable delivery charges. Sorry to say that I will not be returning as a customer.

faye yarema from Edmonton
faye yarema from Edmonton

new carpep

they took out the old carpet and installed new carpet after we went to their showroom and looked at an exellent styles of carpet. we finally picked one and they installed it

Alicia Pamela from Edmonton
Alicia Pamela from Edmonton

Flooring - Laminate & Carpet

780-454-2481
11605 156 Street NW
Edmonton
AB

They installed laminate and carpets. Workmanship is beautiful. Carpets were installed incorrectly and began to lift, after Eight came out and recarpeted the stairs at no cost and no hassle to myself. Wonderful company this is the second home we have used this company for and they do great work.

G. Mackwood from Edmonton
G. Mackwood from Edmonton

Flooring install

Took months for sales to order materials (which are not special order) and get an installer lined up. Installer's first visit went ok, but when he returned to finish, he was impaired and I had to throw him out. I have since been told he was fired. Wondered how he was hired in first place. Salesman also botched the order (not complicated), necessitating the installer's 2nd visit - and since installer miscut tiles, needed to order more tiles which further dragged out the completion date. I always expect renos to run a bit over time, but weeks for a simple 2 room job is completely unacceptable.

Kenneth K from Edmonton
Kenneth K from Edmonton

Carpet repairs

780-454-2481
11605 156 Street NW
Edmonton
AB

After eight floorings Inc came and repaired my carpet where it meets the tile and I felt nails sticking out. They recommended to put this rubber underneath the carpet to make the carpet higher and then they also hammered down all the nails that were sticking out of the carpet. Their work is very detailed and I would definitely recommend them!

Iqbal
Iqbal
11 reviews EDMONTON, AB

New home Flooring install

Had After Eight install main floor hardwood and carpet in new home. The service was outstanding, as well as the product. We installed Tarkett hand scraped hardwood on the main floor, and it still looks amazing. After Eight goes out of its way to make sure you are satsified. I went in there on another new home and asked them about a show home and if they knew the carpet in that home. I was amazed to find they had supplied the carpet in that home and could look up what they put in there if I wanted it.

Overall, I would go back to After Eight, as I know what I am getting from them each time.

Michele
Michele
2 reviews Saint Albert, AB

Hardwood flooring

We refinished our hardwood that was purchased at After Eight. It was sold and invoiced as Maple. We discovered after removing the dark finish is that it was much cheaper Birch flooring. This was very disappointing after we had purchased unfinished Maple hardwood for the upper level. The blame is with Lauzon flooring the manufacturer who believes they can fool the customer when the product is prefinished in dark shades. Buyer beware?

irene johnson from Edmonton
irene johnson from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Laminate flooring on main floor

I built a new home through Mac and Mitch builders, about 5 years ago, where the flooring was supplied and installed by After Eight floors. The laminate started to slowly buckle at joints- I waited for the seasonal change in temperature, but now the whole main floor is in a terrible state. The planks have uneven spacing and the joints are buckled. These floors are supposed to have 20-25 warranty, but now it is already in a bad shape.