Water Filtration & Purification

9803 47 Avenue NW
Edmonton
AB
T6E 5M7

Big Iron drilled our well on our acreage - they were initially very nice, charming and informative people when they came to sell their product to us, however they have totally changed after the fact! We have been trying to get them to come back out and service / warranty the well for the past two years now! They have sent me emails where they blow me off and make excuses due to lack of Rigs, or the weather conditions are too wet etc. But once summer came and it was dry enough to come re-enter our well, they simply refuse to answer me now. The well had two sand screens installed to help prevent particulates - but in two years the water pressure has dropped significantly and is about a third of what it was initially. When asked to come trouble shoot, they sent an elderly "tech out with some basic tools and he did some simple troubleshooting tests and basically confirmed that the pressure was way down......something we already knew??!! When asked what was required to fix the problem, he shrugged and said he'd have someone call me.....basically zero help, zero ideas. I was told they would have to re-enter the well and that it was still covered by warranty, they would pull the screens and re-work the well the ensure that sand hadn't collapsed the formation.....that unfortunately has not happened and they seem disinclined to want to honor their warranty or their work. We read a number of poor reviews prior to using Big Iron, but as I said they were very convincing and very likable. We waited patiently and hoped they would honor their work and gave them the benefit of the doubt - but it seems clear now they are nothing but used car salesmen.....actually used car salesmen might be better. These guys are unethical and unprofessional....period! If you provide a product or service you need to stand behind it, you're only as good as your word after all. Its a shame, because now I have to consider legal action and will need to fight to get any satisfaction. Do not use this company if you're looking for reliability and after-sales service.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

poor service

We had well dug about 4 years ago .The water we got from that well was very rusty. They were supposed to come back and give us a chlorinator but never did .
Now the well has stopped working .We have been trying to get ahold of them since june .I have talked to Ray several times and still have not seen him here to help.
My daughter and her kids are out there living and have to have water hauled out at 120.00 a trip. It is becoming a big problem .
I am thinking that big iron dose not stand behind the product .I would never recommend them to anyone.

Stuart B.
Stuart B.
2 reviews Tofield, AB

Water system

Our water system has failed numerous times The wait time for service is weeks if you can get the to come at all. The company now wants us to disconnect the whole system and drive it to them for service

mdepeel
mdepeel
4 reviews Stony Plain, AB

Water Well

We had a local driller come out and drill at our new property. They had old equipment but the price was right. They went over 350' before calling it quits and charging us $6000 for the dry well. We were going to put in a large cistern but decided to give it one more shot as we have horses and a need for large volumes of water. We called Big Iron. Ray came out for a kitchen table discussion. My wife fell asleep but I was interested. Their technology intrigued me so we gave them the contract. The crew was great and they were fast and accommodating. They found water at 170' and installed the well to 200'. The water is perfect! We only run a sediment filter. drink the water from the tap. No smell, no taste. Thanks, guys, for getting the job done so well and for the information you provided us. We felt very educated by the end of it all.

Carol from Vegreville

9803 47 Avenue NW
Edmonton
AB
T6E 5M7

We love our Iron Eater! We had another system for a few years and could never get it to work. Big Iron's system has worked great but the bags of salt are heavy.

debra russell in Kingman
debra russell in Kingman
3 reviews KINGMAN, AB

wanted existing water treatment serviced

tried to get them to come out and service equipment that they had installed in home priour to my pirchase could not get anyone to bother to call me back did not seem interested in standing behind there product

Looking for Water Filtration & Purification pros in Strathcona?