Joe The Mover

Moving & Storage
22 Bertal Road Toronto ON M6M 4M4

Reviews for Joe The Mover

Recent Move Gone Wrong

I've used Joe the Mover before, it was good then (6 years ago). Upon using their services again for a move last week, one mover saw the stairs in our building and walked off the job - even though we informed the company we had stairs to deal with. it was another mover's first day on the job and the now head of the project refused to wear a mask while moving. They damaged furniture, back talked to myself and my husband and we're incredibly difficult to work with. Myself and my husband had to do most of the moving - not exactly what we intended to pay for. Absolutely awful service. Would not recommend to anyone ever again.

Peter in Toronto
Peter in Toronto
1 review Elora, ON

Moving Day!

These guy's were simply awesome! I have moved 3 times in the last 10 years and this was the best experience by far! The crew was very professional. Move distance was about a 3 hour round trip and the price was extremely good.

Cindy in Toronto
Cindy in Toronto

My recommendation for your move

This week Joe sent three guys to move from one to another location in Mississauga... On time fast professional friendly... What more can you ask from? I strongly recommend Joe for your move.

Restored my faith in Movers

I have used this company several times over the past 22 months as I had to move to a temporary apartment before settling into my current address. In addition, I have amalgamated various lockers with their help and rent one from them at their facility. Before I found Joe the Mover I had been through some nightmares of varying degrees with other movers. Now I am glad to be loyal to JTM. I have met various personalities on the team, and have always been satisfied with pleasant, professional service - whether the job is large or small. They always arrive on time and never pad the hours. They are fairly priced; tips are appropriate and will still keep the total competitive with other firms.

Service

I used joe the mover and was completely angered and outraged , the owner was rude and obnoxious and used foul and disgusting language towards my wife and I.
This company should not be recommended to anybody and the owner is sad excuse for a human being and should not be trusted.
Please think twice before using this company.

Jacqueline W in Toronto
Jacqueline W in Toronto
1 review Brossard,

A+++!!

These guys were AWESOME....so professional. I seriously couldn't have asked for a smoother, more organized move. They showed up on time, and were ready to work. Even under such uncomfortable circumstances, like my tiny apartment, they were able to making it work, and thoroughly plan out how to get my furniture out without causing any damage. So happy with how everything turned out. Thank you Joe the Mover!!

Michael in Toronto
Michael in Toronto

the WORST movers ever. E V E R.

i wish there were an option to leave no stars. we used these losers on december 1, 2017. a few months in advance, i had emailed them to inquire whether they could disassemble and then reassemble an ikea unit (the expidit wall unit), i included a pdf of the instructions and they told me both over the phone and via email that they could definitely do that.

cut to moving day: they took apart the unit as if they were a demolition crew. they cracked boards and just made a general mess of things. when we arrived at the new place, they were struggling to put it together again. keep in mind that i had provided them with the instructions and they had offered me assurances that it would be no problem. putting it back together, they cracked even more boards, put the wrong screws into the wrong places...all while charging me by the hour. at this point, i'd had enough so i told them to get out. the unit was toast. absolutely unusable. the only thing it would be good for at this point is kindling. let's not forget the fact that they scratched the floors, too. pretty deep into the wood at that. $662 well spent.

so i called their number and spoke to a guy. he said to me "let me speak to my guys and i'll call you back". today, a month later...still no call back. so i call them and i ask "how long can it possibly take to speak to 4 guys and call the customer back?" they had no answer. now they tell me that "well it's ikea, and sometimes it's hard to put together." no duh, buddy. that's extactly why i asked them in october if they could do it. when i said that to whoever picked up he told me "hey (colorful language goes here) you" and hung up on me.

if you're considering using these guys, don't. you're better of just throwing your money into the garbage.

Small office move

The team I had was headed by Attila. They were polite and efficient and went beyond the call of duty. It was an emotionally difficult move for me and they made it much easier.

Private User reviews London, ON

Do NOT retain this organization for moving services!

I rarely post reviews, however recognizing the amount of damages caused by these movers and incredibly poor professional conduct on the part of some of the employees AND the owner himself, I am warning anyone that is
considering retaining this company for moving services to think twice or better still move on...( I actually saw some of th movers stuff some of our belongings into areas of the truck without any protection !... not even wrapping things like furniture in blankets ... consequently a number of furniture pieces were badly scratched ... you've been warned!!!

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

THEY DRIVE AWAY WITH OUR 75LB MARBLE ART SCULPTURE AND THEY NEVER RETURN IT!!

JOE THE MOVERS MOVED OUR ITEMS FROM OUR STORAGE TO THEIRS. AT TIME OF MOVE IT WAS NEVER RETURNED TO OUR NEW HOME! OWNER SAID IT WALKED AWAY! WE HAD A FEW ITEMS IN OUR STORAGE LOCKER AT OUR CONDO, WHEN WE SOLD THE CONDO THE ITEMS IN THE STORAGE LOCK WENT FROM OUT STORAGE LOCKER RIGHT OVER TO JOE'S. I HAD TO LET THE MOVERS INTO OUR STORAGE LOCKER SO WATCHED THEM REMOVE ALL THE ITEMS, IT WAS A STANDARD SIZE CONDO LOCKER. I SAW THE ITEMS GO ONTO THEIR TRUCK TO GO OVER TO THEIR STORAGE LOCKER UNTIL WE MOVED. I NEVER VISITED THIS LOCKER AND LEFT THE ONLY KEY I HAD WITH THE MOVER. JUST THREE DAYS AGO WE MOVED INTO OUR NEW HOME AND THE MOVERS UNLOADED OUR LOCKER AT JOE'S, WHEN THEY CAME TO DELIVER EVERYTHING, THE MARBLE SCULPTURE WAS/IS MISSING. OWNER SAYS THEY TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY! PLEASE DO NOT SUPPORT THESE DISHONEST PEOPLE AND COMPANY AND NEVER LEAVE EXPENSIVE ITEMS FOR THEM TO DELIVER! YOU MAY NEVER GET IT BACK, EVEN IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE!!!

More about Joe The Mover

Welcome to Joe the Mover, and Toronto Movers, brother and sister companies offering moving services, storage for items big and small, and packing services. Moving can be a stressful part of your life, it is quite necessary to plan ahead. Trust our service during this stressful time, we can help ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in York?