Advanced Air Quality Inc

HomeStars  >  Duct Cleaning in Ottawa  >  Advanced Air Quality Inc

Reviews for Advanced Air Quality Inc

Scott from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

The service person was friendly and knowledgeable. He was great with our two young kids and excitable dog.

There was no pressure or upselling. He was punctual, efficient, and left no mess. What more can you ask for?

Oh yeah and he also cleaned the ducts and stuff.

Mike Barthe from Kanata
1 review Kanata, ON

Shortly after buying a 2 year old home I discovered two problems I needed a solution to. The first was smoker's odor caused by the previous owner's in-house smoking habit. The other was a need to replace a broken down air exchanger system that was only one month beyond warrantee service. I called a number of service providers and found that Advanced Air had answers to all of the questions I could think of and a few I had not known to ask. The rep I spoke with took the time to explain, in simple terms, all the specifications and the jargon which made me feel quite confident in my choice of their duct cleaning service as well as their Life Breath air exchanger system. I found their prices VERY competitive especially when considering the quality of service AND the superiority of their exchanger product and warrantee.
When Mike, the duct cleaning technician came, he was friendly, courteous and respectful. He explained what he was doing and what I could expect at every stage of the process. He even went so far as to give me a before look at the ducts (yuk!) Given the youth of the house, their condition surprised me. Then he gave me an after look. What a difference!! As part of the service, I chose to have a deodorizer sprayed into the duct system in the hopes of eliminating the nicotine odor. Mike was kind enough to do a double application of the deodorizer as he judged the need for it. He assured me that if at some point I was not completely satisfied that he was willing to come back and give the system another shot. Mike left the work site spotless. Some weeks later I called and Mike came back for one last shot which did the job.
Then came the replacement of my broken down air exchange system. The installation technician Ryan came and provided the same kind and level of awesome service.
The whole experience left me feeling good about placing my trust in Advanced Air, their products and especially their service personnel Mike and Ryan. I have taken every opportunity to recommend Advanced Air to anyone looking for duct cleaning service or air exchanger equipment. Many thanks guys!

Grace from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Ken from Advanced Air Quality was very professional and helpful. Initially I was going to use another company but I checked their profile and saw that they have diplomas and licenses. I spoke to them on the phone and watched their video to see how duct cleaning was to be performed. I am so happy with their service I gave their business cards to a few of my neighbors. A few bad experience with contractors have left me reluctant to hire just anyone based on a lower price. I am writing a review on Homestar because this website has helped me and I hope to help someone else. Choose Advanced Air Quality Inc.

Katie and Gordon in Ottawa
7 reviews Ottawa, ON

We hired Advanced Air Quality in December 2012 to clean the ductwork in the house we'd just bought. The people living there before us had a cat so the ducts were full of yuck (and I'm allergic so a good cleaning was imperative!). Advanced Air Quality did a good job getting everything cleaned out and when we need to clean the ductwork again we'll likely hire them again.

Nathan from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We couldn't be happier with the level of service and professionalism we received from Advanced Air Quality (we hired them for furnace and duct cleaning).

Jeff was on time, courteous and very helpful. Throughout his inspection he noticed an issue with the furnace fan, which he was able to fix.

We would highly recommend this company to anyone (actually, we have already forwarded their name onto our family).

m. smith from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

$350 + tax . I had about 13 registers including two cold air returns and an accessible crawl space. So pleased I decided to go with these guys as opposed to my original choice. Price was right on the market. Ryan arrived on time, worked efficiently and left on time- everything clean. He looked professional and acted professional. He took before and after pictures for me. Amazing work. In a house with 2 large dogs...I won't be waiting 4 years for the next cleaning and I will hire this company again. Great job. M smith, Ottawa

Elizabeth Wales from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

I had called 2 companies to come clean my ducts after I had my basement finished. The first was a major company and twice they cancelled last minute and I got frustrated trying to reschedule them. The second one was a private company working in my area. Again the owner was impossible to contact. When I met the staff of Advanced Air Quality at a home show this winter I thought I would give them a try. Not only was it one of the coldest days of the year but the employee showed up and was on time. I am very pleased with the punctual and polite service I received and feel a sense of relief knowing I can finally breathe easier.

Christine from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

After calling a couple different duct cleaning companies around the area I was definitely most impressed by the explanations and the equipment used by Advanced Air Quality. I had also checked them out on the BBB website and was re assured by the rating there. The technician was a few minutes late but the office did call to let me know, which was a nice change! The technician was very nice and explained the process in detail. We even saw on a camera the cleaning in real time! I can’t believe we waited so long! We will definitely be recommending them in the future.

Goose
1 review Nepean, ON

The company technican arrived on time and spent 2 hrs. Website indicated "before" and "after" pictures using infrared camera on every job - this was not done and I was told afterwards it has to be requested. Technician stated that it's not used anymore and is ineffective for overall scope. We have no definitive way of knowing if the high cost was worthwhile since the same strong stale, dusty and chalky smell still exists whenever the furnace operates. Told the system would be spotless; however, after only one and half weeks, the brand new, expensive filter was already significantly dirty (as though it was a few months used). Tried a second cheaper filter and it was filthy after only 4 days. Technician confirmed it was unusual. Also the Technician left the truck's exhaust hose facing the house so gas fumes came through front door (but he moved it when I noticed about 30 minutes later and asked) ; no tarp or barrier was used at door so cold air poured into home through doorway. There were 2 holes in the main hose from the truck and the hissing made me suspicious of the vacuum pressure. Technician said pressure would be fine and holes were at connectors. Company technician returned a second time 2 weeks later, put more holes in vents and did not find any residual debris or dust. Vents were not screwed back into wall. I'm certain that lots of debris and dust were removed but again, the same strong dusty smells still exists and affects my eyes and sinuses. We declined to have Benefax deodorizer and cleaner mist sprayed into our system based on information from CMHC (Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation) website.

CK in Kanata
15 reviews Kanata, ON

After moving into a new (to us) home previously occupied by several animals (as well as a Do-It-Yourself animal of a different sort...) we decided we needed to find the best possible place to clean our ducts - especially since we have a baby.
Advanced Air Quality had been recommended to us by our real estate agent and later by The House Doc as the best duct cleaning company in town. Apparently hospitals use them. Their set-up was decidedly different than the average company - you should check out their website to see what I mean.
While the technician was a couple minutes later than our appointment time, we had received a call advising us of his delay well in advance of his arrival - so no harm done. The technician was quick, friendly and efficient. He even provided us with additional tips on maintaining the furnace and the humidifier to the point where it was really above and beyond. He was even a great hit with our cats.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. We're breathing clear and won't hesitate for a second to turn on the furnace at last! Plus their prices are comparable to a run-of-the-mill cleaning. Considering it only needs to be done every 3-5 years, why not invest in the best?

More about Advanced Air Quality Inc

Advanced Air Quality Inc. has excelled in the indoor air quality industry since 1993. We have cleaned thousands of residential and commercial ventilation systems within Ottawa and the Valley. Our trained technicians are working 6 days a week, every week of the year. We don't just promise quality, we deliver. Please read below for some of the organizations that have recognized AAQ for outstanding customer service.

Advanced Air Quality Inc. has been awarded the 2014 TOP CHOICE AWARD for Duct Cleaning in the Ottawa area.

"Top Choice Awards (TCA) is honoured to announce that Advanced Air Quality Inc. is Ottawa’s Top Referred Duct Cleaner, as identified in the proprietary TCA Canada’s Top Referred 2014 Study."

AAQ has also been awarded the 2014 CONSUMERS' CHOICE AWARD for Duct Cleaning in the Ottawa area. It is our devotion to quality that sets us apart from the competition.

"The CONSUMERS' CHOICE AWARD is considered the seal of excellence. For recipients, the award not only constitutes the crowning achievement of their efforts, but more importantly it also represents the most valuable reward of all, the knowledge that they have earned the trust and loyalty of consumers."

Advanced Air Quality has earned a place on the Honour Roll of the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU serving Eastern Ontario. The Better Business Bureau has rated Advanced Air Quality A+. The BBB assigns grades from A to F with pluses and minuses. A+ is the highest grade and F is the lowest. The grade represents BBB’s degree of confidence that the business is operating in a trustworthy manner and will make a good faith effort to resolve any customer concerns. The BBBOnLine TRUSTMARK confirms that a business has been accredited by the BBB where it is based, has been reviewed to meet BBB's truth in advertising guidelines, discloses information about the business and its’ policies, follows basic privacy and security practices, and responds appropriately to any problems that arise.

We are also proud to be members of the Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Contractors of Canada, the Canadian Federation of Independent Business, and the Canadian Condominium Institute - Ottawa Chapter.