Tuck Pointing

416-839-0585
1174 Trillium Court
Oshawa
L1G 7M2

Metro Chimney has been cleaning my chimney for the last ten years . Chris has always been on time for his appointments and thorough in his cleanings. I would definitely recommend Metro Chimney for anybody looking to get their chimney cleaned.

Thanks Mary we will see you next year for your annual cleaning.
Thanks for the review, Chris.

Jimmy in North york
Jimmy in North york
3 reviews North York, ON

Chimney Removal and Repair

I received a few quotes for the removal of a chimney in the back of our house. Chris' quote was the most reasonable. He showed when he said he would and kept the work site clean. He completed the job on time, even though it meant working in the rain on the second day. I was so impressed with his work that I had him come back and do additional tuck pointing of a second chimney stack at our house. Thanks.

Rain or shine whatever it takes to get the job done. Thanks for the great review.
All the best, Chris.

Effy Amez in Whitby
Effy Amez in Whitby
1 review WHITBY, ON

Chimney Repair

After receiving a number of quotes from various companies, we chose Chris Bowes to do the repairs to our crumbling chimney. He was reasonably priced and explained in detail the work that needed to be done. He was on time each day and always left the job site spotless. Our chimney looks amazing and we were so impressed with Chris' work, that we will be calling him in the Fall time for regular chimney cleanings and fireplace safety inspections. Thanks for a great job, Chris!

Thank you so much for the great review! I am looking forward to seeing you in the Fall for your chimney cleaning.

Al in Toronto
Al in Toronto

Chimney re-pointed, new chimney cap and liner installed, window sill repaired and resealed, fireplace hearth and ashpit prepped for gas insert

Our job with Chris started off with chimney repair work being done and we were so impressed with the job he did that we extended our work with him to include repairing hairline cracks we had by our bay window sill and preparing our fireplace for a gas insert. What impressed me the most with Chris was his professionalism, reliability, and great pride he took in all the jobs he performed for us. For each job, he explained all the options available for us, provided reasonable quotes for each of them, delivered on time as promised, and did quality work with no hidden surprises/costs after the fact.

For our fireplace, he spent extra time helping us understand all the steps that would be required to convert our wood burning fireplace to gas and even helped us by coordinating his efforts (i.e. pouring a new hearth and cleaning out the ash pit so a gas line could run through it) with another company that would then install the gas line and gas burning log kit.

I would definitely recommend Chris to any of my friends and would not hesitate to hire him in the future.

Thanks again for all your help, Chris ..... Al

Thanks Al for the great review. I'm happy that you are pleased with the work.
All the best, Chris

Frasersteele@hotmail.com in North york
F. E.
1 review NORTH YORK, ON

Chimney and hearth rebuild

I would like to thank Chris Bowes for the great work, he did rebuilding my chimney. The work was well done I now feel safe using my fireplace . He showed me very carefully how to use my fireplace properly. And I was very impressed how clean the job site was kept at all time. And the extra care he a his worker took when the rebuild my hearth.. Once again thanks for everything Chris ...

Fraser Steele

Hi Fraser thanks for the excellent review, keep burning wood and enjoy! I will see you in the Fall for your chimney cleaning.

aupson
aupson

Rebuilt Chimney, Installed Damper and Caps, Cleaned and Repaired Firebox, Repoured Hearth and Extension

I have a wood burning fireplace that was in dire need of attention. I shopped around for other quotes and nothing beat Metro Chimney's quote. The W.E.T.T. mason was prompt, friendly, and professional with the work that was done.

The mason is highly educated in the wood burning fireplaces. I was given an honest quote for work required to be done to make it operable and sustainable.

I am extremely pleased with the outcome. I highly recommend Metro Chimney to anyone who has an old fireplace that has smoke migration problems or downdraft issues etc.

Sincerely,

Happy Customer

Thanks for the review and I am glad that you are pleased with my work.

Tony Iagallo in North york
Tony Iagallo in North york
1 review North York, ON

Chimney Rebuild and window sill replacement.

Metro Chimney replaced my furnace chimney which was falling apart. They also replaced the crumbling bricks below my family window. Chris did a great job matching the brick and the work looks professionally done. Chris took the time to explain the work that would be done each day and explained each step in the process. Metro Chimney cleaned up each day and never left a mess at the end of the project which lasted 4 days. Chris took pictures of my chimney to show me the work that was required and when the job was completed. I am very satisfied with the professional appearance and quality of the work completed by Metro Chimney.

Thanks for the review Tony I'm glad that you're happy with my work. Finding new brick that matches the colour of the existing brick can be difficult in some cases. This is one of those cases and together we made the right choice. It was a pleasure dealing with you.
All the best, Chris

EZ Property Management in North york
EZ Property Management in North york
1 review North York, ON

Full repairs and service

May 15th 2012
As the General Manager of a mid-sized property management firm in the Greater Toronto Area with about a 1000 units managed in the general area , EZ Property Management has dealt with "numerous" contractors of all sorts and professions since 1996. We have nothing but “great experiences” with "Metro Chimney" and Chris and all work completed and performed , cost/prices are always “fare and competitive”. We now only use "Metro Chimney" and Chris for all our needs. Thank you!
R Zankl
General Manager

Thank you for the review and I am very pleased to be your go to guy.

More about Metro Chimney Inc

Metro Chimney specializes in chimney rebuilds, tuck pointing, and chimney sweeping and fireplace inspection services.

With our service yard located in the Leaside area, Metro Chimney has serviced countless homes in Rosedale, Moore Park, Forest Hill and the Yonge and Eglinton areas.

Chimney and fireplace inspection is a very important part of fireplace safety. When you call Metro Chimney, we don't just show up to sweep your chimney, we inspect it with a WETT-certified mason who builds and restores fireplaces. We provide fireplace restorations, firebox rebuilds, and more!

When your no-mess chimney cleaning is being performed, we are looking at your hearth and hearth extension, your firebox and damper, as well as your mantel, smoke chamber and what type of liner you have. We are inspecting your chimney, above and below the roofline, looking at the brick or stonework for any damage that may require our attention. Call or email us today to find out more!