Sunrise Moving Company

HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Newmarket  >  Sunrise Moving Company

Reviews for Sunrise Moving Company

1 review Newmarket, ON

Avoid this mover

My review is from a few years ago. Terrible service I would not recommend using this company. Movers took nearly 10 hours to move my stuff. They were often taking breaks and dragging it on. Also they damaged some furniture and owner of this company was so rude, instead of being concerned about the damaged furniture, she was worried about getting her money. Also the person who they got to fix my furniture only fixed one piece and then conveniently would not return calls or fix the other when the time came to fix it. Definitely save yourself the hassle, don't use this company.

Cheryl in
Cheryl in
1 review New Tecumseth, ON

Moving job

I hired Sunrise for a moving job. Noelle, she was great from the start. She sent me two guys...Brandon and Derek. I have to say these young men were wonderful and very hard workers. You could surely tell they took pride in their job and got the job done fast. I would highly recommend to anyone this company.

Kim Ciccone Summers from Georgina
Kim Ciccone Summers from Georgina
1 review Georgina, ON

Great Movers

I have used Sunrise for 3 big moves over the past few years. They are amazing and wonderful to work with. The men work hard and go the extra mile. You couldn't ask for a better experience.

Cheryl M in Newmarket
Cheryl M in Newmarket
1 review Kettleby, ON

Moving Company

I found Sunrise Moving Company very reliable and professional. We have used this company on three different occasions, and each time the movers were courteous, fast and careful. We had no issues with our moves and would not hesitate to recommend them in the future.

BRIAN WODEHOUSE in Aurora
BRIAN WODEHOUSE in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

Damages to furniture

Stay clear of Sunrise. They mishandled our 200 yr old French antique armoire resulting in extensive damage, moving it 20'. They claim to be reputable, but they refuse to pay for the repairs to our armour even though they claim to be insured.
So far we have waited 3 months for some sort of compensation. They are now suggesting that we are ripping them off. Probably the worst mover I've ever delt with.

1 review Newmarket, ON

WORST moving company I've EVER used

They were supposed to show up Saturday between 1-4 and called at 7 saying they still were ready. Obviously I didn't want my stuff being moved at 10 pm in the complete dark. Supposed to show up at 9am the next day and STILL were on time, showing up at 1130. The movers them self were great, but the management was absolutely despicable and disgusting to deal with. They quoted us for 3 hours with 2 men, send 3 men without telling us and then tried to tell us the minimum was 4 hours after our quote was for 3. No apologies, no acceptance of their mistakes, no compromise. Nothing from that awful women who claims to "run the place". What's the point of a quote if your just going to blatantly ignore it and double the cost. And to add to that, I was moving ONE small bedroom with no furniture or tv, literally just a bed.
Save yourself the trouble and skip this company.. Your wallets will thank you in the long run !
Oh and I never got a receipt !! Straight cash in their pocket. Better bet I'm calling the CRA

Joe from Newmarket
Joe from Newmarket
3 reviews Aurora, ON

Moving

Don't let their low cost fool you. These guys are professional, punctual and very efficient. Their truck isn't the biggest that you'll find but they're very good at packing everything nice and tight. The crew that moved our house were very respectful of both our new and old home and did their best to prevent any damage by wrapping and handling our breakables with care. My only complaint is that you pay for every 15 minutes that they are there (lunch, waiting for keys for new house, etc.). The price could still not be beat. Highly recommended.