Alton Windows & Doors

Roger
Roger
0 reviews Pickering, ON

Removal and Installation of New Windows

John was very helpful and accommodating. The windows look great!
Have received many compliments on the windows. Even had a compliment from someone in the industry on how neat the caulking was!

Would highly recommend!

Lori
Lori

Windows and Patio Door Replacement

We received a reasonable quote from Alton windows and decided to go ahead. We are very pleased we picked them to replace our 14 windows and a patio door in the fall. The installation crew was friendly and professional. The window cranks work great and open with ease. The installation of the patio door appeared more difficult as our floors are uneven but the installer took his time and the door slides beautifully haven’t had any issues so far.
Thanks Alton Windows and Doors

sarah.L
sarah.L

Do not hire

My windows were installed damaged: scratches everywhere, messy caulking, chips off the paint, inside not painted, white foam stuck in the window corners both inside and outside. I sent photos to customer service within 1 hour- attached.
When the owner came to view my and my neighbours job (installed the same day), he was unhelpful and rude. He told me they are “windows not furniture” and therefore not expect them undamaged. He asked me to point out all the scratches and chips so he could use touch up paint and when he was leaving paint dropping down my windows I politely asked if he needed to wipe the drips off if they would dry like that. He then ran out of my house saying I was difficult. Scratches, dings, chips, white foam inside and outside the windows, white in between lanes of glass when I paid for black interior... all remain the same. Do not use them unless you like to be berated and disrespected in exchange for your hard earned cash.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Window replacement

We had windows replaced by Alton and the job was sub-par at best and the customer service was minimal. The owner was full of excuses.
One of our new windows is drafty and the room is colder than it wasn’t with the old windows. I fully regret using this company.
The vinyl on both “new” windows came scratched and dinged up, there was overspray on the glass panes from them sitting in their workshop and an actual etching of a circle scratched into the exterior of one of the windows from the suction things they use. We requested this to be made right.....the owner actually said to me that “this is not a piece of furniture” as in we should not expect any better from any window company, except the reality is this is NOT the norm and should not be expected when paying for new windows....but expect that level of “quality” from this company because that’s what you will get. Stay away and spend your hard earned money with another company.

Our concerns were never fully resolved after being told by the company went “when he’s in the area he would come by to look at our issues”
Alton should be embarrassed at the quality of work they are delivering to clients.....they gone downhill but I got the impression they don’t care which is so much worse. Very disappointed.
Major Issues:
Overspray on glass panes upon installation
Scratches and dings in vinyl and on glass panes
Window not closing properly upon installation
Drafts - now in Feb. one room is extremely cold and you can feel a strong draft off the new window
Useless weather stripping that shed every time the window opens/closes

amalia in Toronto
amalia in Toronto

Storm door

It was a great experience. Customer service was excellent and the owner is professional and always available. Would strongly recommend this company. We shopped around and their Price was great. We also picked them because if the sales rep who was very professional and knowledgeable
Joanna

Exceptional service, window and door replacement

I got my windows and doors replaced by Alton a while back. The service and quality were exceptional and I would definitely recommend them. The price was the best I could find as well after shopping around quite a bit.

We recently had a door handle fail on us and even though the warranty was up John came and fixed it for us at no cost.

Ko in North York
Ko in North York

Failed window seal

Not very happy with the quality of my window and service received from customer service.
I purchased a frosted bathroom window in 2010 and had alton come by to install it. The window was great at first until 2 years in.
The mesh got dry rot, the clips on the frame snapped off, the crank hinges rusted, recently this past week or so the window seal has broken between the pane and sash exposing tiny brown beads and bending the silver trim between the pane.
I called in and was told that the glass is only warranted for 5yrs and I need to pay for a new one if I wanted.
This is ridiculous! How aren't these windows warranted for long term? I'm glad that I haven't replaced the entire house. This would be very costly!!!!!!
A neighbor of mine was asking me for a good window company but I can't reccomend Alton.
I would be ashamed if I did and this happened to her!
If this is how they back their product I don't reccomend them.
I spoke to vicky from customer service this morning, she advised me, John, the owner, will be calling me back today.
Let's see what he says, hopefully he stands behind his product and warranties my window.
Update to follow!

Home Renovation

OUTSTANDING QUALITY AND OUTSTANDING SERVICE!!!! We used Alton 18 years ago in our first home​ and were thrilled to work with Mario again in a new home. Professional advice, Canadian made, competitive prices, beautiful result. Excellent follow-up. Satisfaction guaranteed.

fgiannone
fgiannone

Window Sealed Unit Warranty

We had a window sealed unit fail after approximately 6 1/2 years. Placed a call to John at Alton who apologized and was to provide the overall dimensions of the sealed unit. With in a few weeks Nick the installer called and advised that the window was ready for installation. Would highly recommend ALTON for window supply and installation services.
Thanks again John and Nick!

Front Door With Side Lights

Swen the sales rep actually took us to the factory so that we could see just how well these door are built. We were replacing our old door because we had a leak. When Alton replaced the door the leak continued. John, the owner of Alton himself, came out to see what was going on, discovered the problem, which had nothing to do with the door, then fixed the problem for us anyway, even though it had nothing to do with his product. Now THAT is customer service. The door is beautiful and we're thrilled with it.

Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Woodbridge?