Alton Windows & Doors

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
155 Fenmar Drive Toronto ON M9L 1M7

Reviews for Alton Windows & Doors

Exceptional service, window and door replacement

I got my windows and doors replaced by Alton a while back. The service and quality were exceptional and I would definitely recommend them. The price was the best I could find as well after shopping around quite a bit.

We recently had a door handle fail on us and even though the warranty was up John came and fixed it for us at no cost.

Ko in North York
Ko in North York

Failed window seal

Not very happy with the quality of my window and service received from customer service.
I purchased a frosted bathroom window in 2010 and had alton come by to install it. The window was great at first until 2 years in.
The mesh got dry rot, the clips on the frame snapped off, the crank hinges rusted, recently this past week or so the window seal has broken between the pane and sash exposing tiny brown beads and bending the silver trim between the pane.
I called in and was told that the glass is only warranted for 5yrs and I need to pay for a new one if I wanted.
This is ridiculous! How aren't these windows warranted for long term? I'm glad that I haven't replaced the entire house. This would be very costly!!!!!!
A neighbor of mine was asking me for a good window company but I can't reccomend Alton.
I would be ashamed if I did and this happened to her!
If this is how they back their product I don't reccomend them.
I spoke to vicky from customer service this morning, she advised me, John, the owner, will be calling me back today.
Let's see what he says, hopefully he stands behind his product and warranties my window.
Update to follow!

Private User reviews Windsor, ON

Home Renovation

OUTSTANDING QUALITY AND OUTSTANDING SERVICE!!!! We used Alton 18 years ago in our first home​ and were thrilled to work with Mario again in a new home. Professional advice, Canadian made, competitive prices, beautiful result. Excellent follow-up. Satisfaction guaranteed.

Window Sealed Unit Warranty

We had a window sealed unit fail after approximately 6 1/2 years. Placed a call to John at Alton who apologized and was to provide the overall dimensions of the sealed unit. With in a few weeks Nick the installer called and advised that the window was ready for installation. Would highly recommend ALTON for window supply and installation services.
Thanks again John and Nick!

Front Door With Side Lights

Swen the sales rep actually took us to the factory so that we could see just how well these door are built. We were replacing our old door because we had a leak. When Alton replaced the door the leak continued. John, the owner of Alton himself, came out to see what was going on, discovered the problem, which had nothing to do with the door, then fixed the problem for us anyway, even though it had nothing to do with his product. Now THAT is customer service. The door is beautiful and we're thrilled with it.

Anna in Guelph
Anna in Guelph

Highly recommend

I'm a property manager for a condominium corporation and Alton windows is fast, reliable and reasonably priced. I highly recommend them for all window and door needs. Not to mention they cleaned up after themselves.

Window repair/replacement warranty

Both the sales brochures and the company Web indicates a lifetime guarantee on there products. Does not indicate a limited warrranty but there are no details. Purchased the windows under the pretense that the windows would be repaired if required
Had a number of casement of windows replaced in 2010. This year noticed a number of windows the film between the glass is deteriorating. When called the company i was told that there is only 5 year warranty on the sealed units. I was offered to purchase new windows and hire a contractor to install. Even after reminding them
what the sales brochures and Web advertises . This in my opinion is false advertising and will be contacting CPA.
Typical of many companies in this industry during the sales pitch they promise the moon, when there's an issue with there product the consumer is on there own.

Alton's contractor Nick honored the company's warranty and removed/replaced the 3 damaged window sealed units the summer of 2016 to our satisfaction.

Review has 1 previous version
Marcella from Vaughan
Marcella from Vaughan

Window Installation

I would highly recommend Alton Windows. Impeccable service and quality workmanship. John is true to his word, stands behind his product and follows up on issues on a timely basis and professional manner.

Lina from Vaughan
Lina from Vaughan

Windows

I would not recommend Alton at all. I had a leak on one of windows. I called to have it fixed and was told i would have to pay 100.00 for the service guy to come out. The windows are lifetime replacement.. Never never again. And not to mention service and Mario were very rude. Do not use this company. I spoke to John and he came out and solved my issue which ended up being a very minor issue. I thank John for coming out. He stands behind his product and was professional. Thanks again.

Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Woodbridge?