HomeStars  >  Roofing in Surrey  >  21st Century Roofers Ltd
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for 21st Century Roofers Ltd

jugo45sl
1 review Burnaby, BC

Extremely professional service. Started project on time and completed ahead of the schedule. Very organized and friendly staff. Will recommend them to everyone.

It was a pleasure meeting you Hugo. All the best on your trip and enjoy the rest of the summer.

V_DA in Langley
1 review Langley, BC

Updated: after further consideration I've increased my rating to a 5.

I guess you get what you pay for...? My roof was done, looks good.

However, the clean up was awful. I understand that with 1000s of nails there could be some missed in the clean up, but my deck was littered with rusty nails... as was the rest of my property, added to this cigarette butts and other pieces of debris, it was irritating. After my 2 year old handed me a rusty nail, I collected half a large ziploc just from looking around. When I spoke to Darryl, he was dismissive and shrugged it off with an "it's to be expected; we do what we can." He sent his guys back to clean. I had to call back the next day as I still found more nails lining my driveway. Spoke to Andrew who sounded more irritated than apologetic that I was asking AGAIN for a better clean up job.

Leading up to the roof job, Darryl was helpful in answering my questions. I am incredibly disappointed in how things worked out.

I'm overall not impressed with the company. I was given
way too much attitude when I called to complain.

Forgive me for being annoyed with rusty nails and pieces of metal scrap lining my backyard and driveway. I shouldn't have to be cleaning up the mess, especially when there is a line in the contract that states they "Tidy and clean up to the customer's complete satisfaction"

Review has 1 previous version

We are sorry you felt that way about our response to your concerns. We are upset that the guys didn't clean it up after the job was completed. If there is more that we can do to help the situation please let me know.

Thanks,

Darryl

Tony from Langley
2 reviews Surrey, BC

Once you decide to reroof your home choosing the right contractor is your most important decision . My criteria for a roofing contractor was a company in business for 25+ years , BBB accredited (A+ Rating) and a HomeStars rating of 8 or higher .21st Century exceeded all my criteria . Andrew McDowell is professional and courteous and addressed all my concerns before we started .
Installers were excellent and cleaned up immaculantly at the end of each day including cleaning out my gutters upon completion .21st Century is CertainTeed trained and achieved Shingle Master status which means they can offer a 4 star warranty coverage to 50 years non pro rated which I took . Roof was completed on time with no major dissruptions to our lives . I am very pleased with my new roof and would not hesitate to recommend 21st Century Roofing to anyone . Great job Andrew ......Thanks !

Thanks Tony. As you turn the corner I'm sure your house stands out and makes you proud.

1 review Richmond, BC

It was a please to work with Andrew and Darryl of 21st Century Roofers for the replacement of the roof of our home. Every thing was very professionally done from a discussion of the selection of potential shingle types, color options and surface preparation. This includes expeditious completion of the re-roof and finally the cleanup afterwards. I also appreciated their time and patience to address my many questions. I would certainly recommend 21st Century Roofers based on my experience.

Thanks Andrew, Darryl and crew for a job well done - our home looks great!

Cheers,
Gary

Thank you very much for the kind words. Your logical and technical questions were great and your new roof complements your beautiful yard.

Kevin in
1 review Surrey, BC

Working with Andrew and Darryl from 21st Century Roofers was a great experience, they were able to fit my roof in within a week from quoting me and the crew did a great job, would highly recommend them.

Thanks
Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I'm sure the crew loved the view. One less thing to do... Have a great summer!

Joe in Burnaby
2 reviews Burnaby, BC

The ancient tar and gravel roof on my flat roof garage started leaking during all of the crazy winter weather this year. I did my due diligence and had three different roofing companies come over to give a quote.

21st Century was the cheapest but that's not why I chose them. The salesperson was Ashley and he was very professional, friendly and knowledgeable. He took the time to answer my numerous questions, even the stupid ones. He also clearly explained, in layman's terms, the pros and cons of the various types of roofing materials and the various options available to me.

Ashley's team got the job done in only one day. I was therefore expecting it to look like a rush job but nothing could be further from the truth. It looks great AND they didn't leave any mess behind whatsoever! The surrounding site was left spotless. Good job guys!

I would highly recommend 21st Century for your roofing job.

Thank you Joe, I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Kerri Hallman in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

I found a leak in my sons bedroom late Sunday night. Called 21st Century roofing the next day, and they came the very same day to check it out. Although they said they may have to return to fix it, they still came out same day to check it. They called before they arrived, and 2 guys were on the roof within minutes. Found the leak and patched it within a couple hours. Such a relief that it was dealt with so quickly. They also commented on the condition of the roof (really good still), rather than saying it need to be replaced to make money (even if it didn't). They also cleared the gutters of all my kids balls that were stuck! I would recommend them again in a heartbeat.

Glad we could help, I hope you have no other problems call us back if you do.
Thanks

Jeanie in North Vancouver
2 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Very professional, no high pressure sales, great crew and fantastic results. We needed to replace our tar and gravel roof. We did lots of research and had multiple quotes from other roofing companies. Andrew and Ashley of 21st Century, were willing to spend whatever time it took to explain options and listen to what we wanted. The crew that installed the new roof were hardworking, skilled and careful with all the areas of our home. They did a complete cleanup each day on the site. Any questions that we had were addressed immediately and proficiently. Thank you!! We are very happy with the result!!

You're welcome Jeanie glad we could help.

C&C from North Vancouver
6 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Winter rains caused a lot of issues to our entrance as our tile roof was leaking. We called 21st Century Roofers & Bill, their Roof Consultant, came over & assessed the issue. He quoted us for the house, garage & new gutters. Big job to remove the tile roof but staff cleaned up the areas. Very happy with the results & would recommend this company in the future. Congratulations for a job well done.

Thank you, please let us know if we can help you or friends and family with their roofing system repair or replacement. We love referrals.

2 reviews Coquitlam, BC

We chose Andrew and his team after receiving 2 other quotes. Andrew was very personable and professional. Andrew's team showed up on time, were very quick, efficient, and the final result looks great. Our neighbors were so impressed with their work that they hired them on the spot and their roof was completed the next day. We have since referred them to at least 2 other families who have used them. We are hoping to complete another phase our renovation and will be using Andrew and his team again.

More about 21st Century Roofers Ltd

21st Century Roofers Ltd. is a family owned and operated local roofing business started in 1978. We are CertainTeed SELECT ShingleMaster and GAF Master Elite Factory Certified. This means we can offer our clients the BEST WARRANTIES on their roofing project.

We are centrally located to work anywhere in the Vancouver Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley. No roofing job is to big or small. Give us a chance to earn your business.

Whether re-roofing a residential home, condominium, or commercial building we can provide you with top quality roofing products and services.