Whitby & Tower Moving

David Black in West vancouver
1 review WEST VANCOUVER, BC

residential moving

These guys are great.
Bill did the estimate & the packing.
Paul & Don did the moving. They really know their stuff, were super efficient & personable.
See you all in a years time for the permanent move to my new residence.
David B.

Sandy in North vancouver
Sandy in North vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Local Move Within BC

Whitby and Tower were recommended by a friend who has used them for
many moves. We got three quotes for our move: Ferguson quoted $3100, Edgemont moving $2900 and Whitby and Tower anywhere between $1500 and $2000. The final bill was actually less than the lower quote.
They guys were amazing! They were so fast, super efficient and incredibly friendly. All of our belongings were handled carefully and care was taken on the wooden floors. We had no breakages, very fast service and a bill that was actually lower than the estimate, and less than half quoted by the other companies.

I would use Whitby and Tower again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone undertaking a move.

Gale Leitch in West vancouver
Gale Leitch in West vancouver
1 review WEST VANCOUVER, BC

Moving from home in West Vancouver to storage unit in North Vancouver

The final moving cost was 25% over the estimate price which included all of the contents of the house, and the size of the storage unit (based on the the moving company's estimator's recommendation) was too small for all of the house contents, which has necessitated the inconvenience and additional expense of renting a second unit. The cost of two units will be more expensive than a larger, appropriately-sized unit.

The movers worked very hard.

I told the estimator that some furniture items would go to charity and some would be sold. That did, in fact, occur. He wrote an estimate that covered all the contents though. There were fragile items such as china, collectibles, lamps, and clothing and shoes that I wanted to take to the storage unit myself. So he wrote his estimate based on a "what-if" scenario of his company moving everything.

Based on the estimator's recommendation and estimate, as an expert in the field, I rented a specific size of storage unit. But now I have to rent an additional storage unit to fit everything I myself intended to move! This is an additional expense that I did not anticipate or plan for, based on my discussions with the company's estimator.

I complained to the moving company and the estimator called me back. His final words, "Mistakes happen." He offered nothing further.

After my friends voiced their concern that he was at fault. I made a second complaint, and waited, but received no reply.

Overall, they underestimated the time and cost of the move. The estimate was based on the entire contents of the house (even though I decided to move all the fragile items such as china, kitchen stuff, clothing, collectibles, lamps, shoes, and computer equipment myself). They underestimated the size of storage unit I would need by quite a considerable volume.

Thus, Whitby & Tower's estimator and company created for me considerable additional stress and expense.

Kelly, West End
Kelly, West End
1 review Vancouver, BC

Movers

I went with this company after getting a recommendation from a good friend, who has used them in the past. She also told me that her co-worker’s family have been using them for years, and that they love them.

They were really friendly, careful, efficient, and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised when I got the bill!

I would 100% use them again. Also good to know- their rating with the BBB is A+.

kelly in grand boulevard
kelly in grand boulevard
1 review North Vancouver, BC

house move, and storage move

whitby and tower provided us with wonderful service on two moves within north vancouver. they were efficient and polite. our move went smoothly. they came in on the quote and we found the price to be reasonable compared to local moving companies.