X-Pert Railings

John in Burlington
John in Burlington
8 reviews Burlington, ON

Staircase salvage

I had a few quotes for our staircase and in general most places just wanted to go the easy (and expensive) route of replacing the whole thing. Jeff came in and showed how he could repair and cap the treads, cover the kickboards and stringers and put in a new post and railing. This saved us a LOT of money.

I saw the other reviewer's comment about painting. This is true. You have to paint your own pickets and railing. In my case my flooring guy did the treads and I painted the pickets/stringers/kickboards and stained the railing. So if you are not in to doing some work then you will need to find someone to do that for you.

Overall I am very happy with the work that Jeff and his boys did.

Oakville
Oakville

Basic Stairs and Railing

My contractor ordered from X-pert Railings, against my direction, and it was a pretty basic order...a straight set of stairs with basic railings at the top.
For $14,000 I would have liked it if they could have painted the spindles for me....or stained the wood. I think most reasonable people would assume that when you spend $14,000 on stairs, that I would n't have a guy drop off in my garage 100 spindles, to be painted by me, one week before installation.
Poor execution on their part.