A D W Mainland Heat Inc

James Sawada in Langley
James Sawada in Langley
1 review Langley, BC

Heat Pump Years Ago

This was years ago when all the rebates were being offered in BC for heat pumps. I agreed to purchase a heat pump for my home based on their sales information of up to 70% reduction in heating cost and government rebates.

Result: It cost much much more to heat with the heat pump and did not qualify for the rebates because the unit they sold me was wrong. Dave advised me to ask the inspector to be fudge his report so we would qualify and the inspector was insulted and refused. I had many problem with the heat pump and long-story-short they did not solve the problem. (which I was able to solve myself later).

Dave told me the reason the heat pump cost more to heat my home is because electricity rates increased.

To this day, my neighbour who has a larger home than mine uses his heat pump to heat his home year-round and he tells me it is still cheaper than using natural gas.

Part of the whole job involved cleaning the ductwork in which they damaged several areas of my hardwood flooring.

Throughout this whole process Dave did not officially accept responsibility for his mistake. He sidestepped it all like a coward. The primary technician was quite professional but Dave is not.

Some people must have good result with this company.

I insist that if you have a serious problem with them, they will walk away from you and just take your money. They have no care about the customer they leave behind or the results of their mess. They are a business and want the sale at the moment.

The only resolution to this review will be a complimentary new heat pump that saves me money on my heating bill -- which is what was promised to me years ago.

hi there James,

we installed your system in 2008 --- almost 10 years ago. i feel a little late for a complaint & for a demand of a new unit 10 years later

the furnace was a 98% 2stage variable speed with a 14 seer heat pump.

at the time they should have qualified. because your furnace was a down-flow at the time it did not pass for what ever reason.

i did not ask the energy adviser to fudge the numbers -- come on lets be straight here. i was also the one that set the energy evaluations up for you.

if you were unhappy with the installation why did you contract us out in Jan 2010 to complete a gas line for you? 15 Jan 2010 invoice #5054

when you called in Aug 2010, 2 years later; to complain about the rebate; i offered a free duct clean $489.95 and a furnace service $149.95 even though it was 2 years after the fact. the duct cleaning and furnace service was completed 25 Aug 2010 invoice #5821.

in regards to the higher bills; it is common knowledge that electricity is higher than gas, also with the 2 tier billing, when using a heatpump, it will always put you in the second tier. the result is a higher electricity bill when running a heat pump.

at time of installation gas was cheaper than electricity so it made sense to heat with a heat pump.

i explained this to you. in regards to your neighbor, i can not comment as i do not know the set up he has.

there was no mention of any damaged floors at the time of the duct cleaning. had you mentioned it, adw would have taken care of it.

calling me a coward in not necessary and childish. i did not side step the problem. had i heard about it i would have dealt with it in a professional timely manner as always.

James i am sorry you feel this way 10 years later. you should have called me to discuss further rather than a frivolous complaint 10 years later.

of course i can not give you a new unit. but because i do not want an unhappy customer i would be more than happy to offer you a heat pump service - $489.95 with a coil clean & a duct clean $489.95.

all the best for the future James!
Davyd Williams

Duncan McLachlan in Vancouver
Duncan McLachlan in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Furnace, air conditioning, BBQ, and hot water tank

We have been using Mainland Heating for many years and have never ever been unimpressed by their professional work.
They have installed a furnace , hot water tanks, air conditioning and installed a natural gas pipe line for our BBQ.
Their latest project for us was installing a central air conditioning system for our house. Alex discussed the system fully before the project was started and it finished on time.
Maintenance has been carried out regularly by Mainland and we have never had a problem with any of their suggested equipment.

Pearly in Toronto
Pearly in Toronto
1 review Surrey, BC

Furnace died and they tried to sell me a new one (that I did not need)

Carrier 96% efficient furnace died Friday Nov 25/16. Called ADW Mainland because I knew I bought the furnace (and my hot water tank) from them and they had done the previous maintenance checks (but not for a few years). Repairman came out immediately. Said "Error Code 41", blower problem, means the heat exchanger has blown. Said no, you did not buy this from us, the sticker on the furnace says CR Martin and they've gone bankrupt. Said Carrier is terrible, settled a class action lawsuit, they don't cover warranty on these, repair would be at least $2500 and we've put in 3 replacement heat exchangers which failed immediately. Said I need a new furnace, that American Standard is better, it will be $4400 plus tax and I can get it installed the next day. I said I don't have access to $4400 plus tax overnight and he said if I can pay cash, they'll pay the tax themselves (or they will provide 2 years free maintenance checks). I said go ahead, I'll find the money somehow, it's freezing and I need heat. Next morning, I check the internet, call Carrier, find out they have extended the warranty on problem furnaces. They need the serial number. I call ADW Mainland and cancel the installation because I have to try and find out if Carrier will be of assistance. I find the original receipt (and yes, I did too buy it from ADW Mainland for $4600 on Nov 26, 2002, so the furnace died on its 14th birthday). Carrier recommended their authorized repair company. The repairman came and said there is no Error Code 41, it's Error Code 34. No blower problem, no heat exchanger problem, it's the computer motherboard. New board installed, furnace fires up, house is warm in an hour. Total cost for service calls, parts and labour is less than $900. I will never allow ADW Mainland in my home again.

tkasikci in Surrey
tkasikci in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Furnace and AC install

Spoke with Davyd over the phone and Alex came to my house for quote. These guys have so much experience, that when you get quotes, you definitely see the difference. Great family run company.

Maple Ridge Mike in Maple Ridge
Maple Ridge Mike in Maple Ridge
1 review Maple Ridge, BC

Air Conditioning Install and Duct Cleaning

ADW installed an air conditioner and cleaned our ducts in the summer of 2014 and we were very pleased with their service after having received quotes from two other companies. Alex was very knowledgeable with regard to our quote and the type of product we required (unlike a couple of competitors) and we received great service during the install. We encountered a faulty piece with our unit the following year and ADW came and spent 3 hours installing another piece at no charge to us. We continue our relationship with ADW with regard to regular maintenance of our unit and are always impressed with the company's honesty and professionalism. We were also very pleased with our duct cleaning given the fraudulent work one often sees in this line of work. In the summer months, we enjoy stepping out our front door and waving to our sweaty neighbours while wearing a sweater! Thanks ADW. We would recommend this well-run and professional company to anyone.

Robert in East Vancouver
Robert in East Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

boiler inspection

The repair man came to house right on time. No waiting for hours. He was very informative and answered all questions intelligently. On finding nothing wrong he did not charge me for the service call.

KL in New Westminster, BC
KL in New Westminster, BC
9 reviews New Westminster, BC

New home construction

Family-run business, which is one of the things that attracted me to this company. They definitely know their product and they provide great follow-up after the installation. They are very flexible about times to come by to do check ups. Really enjoy the conversations with Alex ... about so many things above and beyond heating/cooling.

More about A D W Mainland Heat Inc

OUR VISION & MISSION is to be the preferred home heating & cooling installers, by exceeding our customers expectations. We serve : Markets for single family home owners and site built structures. We provide : Heating, cooling, ventilating and gas fired equipment, replacement parts, related products and services. We differentiate ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Langley?