Van Dyke's Tree Care Ltd

Reviews for Van Dyke's Tree Care Ltd

Jena from North York
Jena from North York

Tree Removal and Pruning

Van Dyke's was wonderful to deal with! From Rita in the office to Larry and team who came on site. They were very knowledgeable, responsive and thorough. We had a VERY large old Maple removed in the front and a couple of smaller trees in the back, along with quite a bit of pruning. They ensured all debris was removed and the stumps were grinned down. Thanks guys!

Pruning back overgrown maple and linden trees

We had two trees in our backyard that had become a hazard to our home and that of our neighbours because of their extraordinary height and the possibility of limbs breaking off during one of the summer wind storms. The arborist from Van Dyck investigated and agreed with out concerns, leaving us with a carefully detailed estimate, together with papers to show they were fully covered by insurance. Their crew (who are certified for working at heights) arrived on the appointed day and completed the safe pruning and removal of the branches in a timely manner, leaving the property looking none the worse for wear--Thanks, guys!

Sarah
Sarah

No responsiveness within a month

I have called for my plum tree a month ago when it was completely dormant ready for application of pesticides and asked for a certain product botani guard and this company is yet to give me a proper quote and my tree is has fully grown leaves and is almost bearing fruits with no prevention of pests . I’m very dissatisfied as I have called multiple times and they have told me that rob their arborist is busy giving estimates to other people. I would never recommend this company to anyone!!!

On April 21, 2018 you requested a quote to spray your Plum tree with a product called Botanic Guard. Our Arborist Robert Haupt provided you with a quote on May 1, 2018 for three applications of an environmentally sensitive insecticide/fungicide for the control of various insect/fungal issues. On May the 9th, I sent you an e-mail that since the storm we were dealing with many emergency fallen and tree damage calls (these were the other estimates for other people - trees on houses/cars etc.), however, Robert was looking into the product you had requested and the cost of it. On May 23, I sent you another e-mail, letting you know that the produce is too expensive for us to purchase for one customer and we would not be able to provide the service to you at the cost quoted using that product. On May 25, the day that you posed your review above, you signed the estimate that Robert provided to you for the three applications to proceed with and the applications were applied last year. Therefore, I find it very strange that you would not recommend us to anyone when you did then proceed with are services.

Tree Inspecyion

We had a maple tree that had some branches that were dying and some discoloration in the leaves. We had Van Dykes come out to inspect the tree in August and said it was suffering from root girdling. They recommended that they come back do an air spade inspection and remove the girdling roots and quoted $265 plus tax. They came back three months later, removed about 3 inches of dirt around the trunk and said that if they cut the root the tree will die so they left it. The whole process took less that 15 minutes and I was charged almost $300. We I emailed to discuss my concerns, they did not reply.

Hi Rick

Sorry for the delay in response, I was out of the country for Thanksgiving in the U.S. and am catching up now.

I am surprised at your e-mail as the invoice is exactly the amount of the estimate that I provided to you, that you authorized to proceed with (265.00 plus tax). I am the person that originally inspected the tree and felt that a girdling root was the problem, I could not do more during my initial inspection as I do not have x-ray vision. Therefore, I suggested air spading of the root system to verify my suspicion. During this process, since we have no idea where the girdling root is, it could take any where from 30 min to 3 hours. I provided you with my estimate at no charge and the cost was reflective of our minimum charge (two I.S.A. Certified Arborists and equipment – truck and air compressor and this includes travel time to and from your property and had it taken longer, I would not have charged you any extra. If you think about it, what does a plumber or any other repair person charge you just for the service call? What do you think would be a reasonable fee for my time, my men and my equipment?

In fact, I understand you were at home when the men completed the work and during their discussion with you as to the outcome of their excavation that the girdling root was too large to remove, you were extremely pleasant and completely understood that it will eventually kill the tree.

Sincerely,

Larry Van Dyke

Don Mills, Ontario
Don Mills, Ontario

Tree removal and pruning

Van Dyke's were prompt in visiting and providing a Quotation and when scheduled the work was done fast and carefully, I would reccomend them to anyone needing tree removal and assistance with pruning for future good growth patterns.

Robert

Don Mills

Gail in Hillcrest
Gail in Hillcrest

tree removal and pruning

As a gardener tending homeowners' properties I sometimes have to call in arborists. Not all companies will do small pruning jobs or work in the older parts of the city. Van Dykes recently came to a client's narrow garden to (1)remove several small to medium trees that were growing close to hydro lines and through phone wires and (2)remove a large branch growing over the roof. In other words, pruning jobs that required some care. Van Dykes' price was very reasonable. They did the work so neatly, including grinding out the stumps, that I could hardly tell they'd been on site. I would not hesitate to use them again.

More about Van Dyke's Tree Care Ltd

3415 Bethesda Road Stouffville, Ontario L4A 7X5 Email: vandykes@vandykestreecare. com Fax: (905)888-1910
Looking for Tree Service pros in Scarborough?