Ami Electronics And Repair Service Inc.

Electronic Repairs
115 Richmond Street East Toronto ON M5C 3H6
Electronic Repairs
Ami Electronics And Repair Service Inc.

Reviews for Ami Electronics And Repair Service Inc.

Lynn  from Toronto
Lynn from Toronto

repair of DVD player, connection to the TV

I had problems with my DVD player and spent most of 3 days trying to find someone to repair it. Oscar came the same day, picked up the unit and returned it repaired 3 working days later.
My recently installed Bell TV was linked to the TV. Bell's installer told me the DVD could not be linked as the TV had no other port. It would be a matter of switching appliances. Oscar got new cables and attached both appliances to the same TV. I am very satisfied.

cookg in Toronto
cookg in Toronto

Vintage (1974) Pioneer Stereo Receiver - Diagnosis & Repair

I entrusted the diagnosis & repair of my vintage Pioneer receiver to Oscar at AMI Repair and I'm so glad I did. He came to my residence the very next day to pick up the unit. Two days later he brought the unit back to me. Oscar guarantees his work and parts used. I noticed the unit was making "static" type noises-similar to the noises it was making before it conked out completely. I informed Oscar; he came to my residence immediately. He informed me that the repairs he did usually and entirely fixes a unit and mine was an extremely unusual case. More diagnosis and repair were necessary. Three days later he brought the unit back to me in perfect condition as it was in 1974 ! Oscar is a genius. He is extremely prompt and very professional. His prices are more than fair and I would encourage anyone needing similar services to entrust the diagnosis and repair of their stereo equipment (and any other electronics) to Oscar. Thank you Oscar.

Electronic Repair

My 10 year old Samsung Digital Light Projection TV stopped working. It still had a great picture and sound, and I hated the idea of replacing it and sending it to landfill. Oscar showed up promptly the day that I called him (after hours even) and diagnosed and fixed the problem in less than an hour. Most of the hour was time to go back to his shop to get the necessary part. Oscar was courteous and professional. I will highly recommend Oscar to friends and family.

Heather from Toronto
Heather from Toronto

Toshiba LCD TV repair

My 2006 Toshiba 37" LCD TV stopped powering on so I emailed Oscar on Saturday evening, had the TV picked up on Sunday afternoon, got a quote on Monday evening, and received a functioning TV back on Tuesday evening. Power and board were replaced and the screen looks brighter. Super convenient service as I don't own a car. I kept the PVR running so am caught up on 3 days of shows already. Hopefully I won't have to rely on their 1 year parts and 6 months labour warranty but am glad to know that it's available.

Naresh from Toronto
Naresh from Toronto

Sony LCD Picture problems

Turned on my 6 yr old LCD Sony television and suddenly all the colours were not right. I found AMI on Homestars msg on a Saturday night and Oscar was prompt in responding on Sunday. The free pickup and diagnosis was amazing (other repair services had a $100 charge just to show up) especially on a weekend and it was fixed and returned Monday night. Oscar was professional, soft spoken and definitely got the job done. Thank you very much! I would definitely recommend AMI !

Jeff Lyons from Toronto
Jeff Lyons from Toronto

TV Repair

Or TV had problems with the infrared sensor. I called AMI based on the ratings and comments found here. Glad I did. We found AMI to be a first rate operation. Problem solved and repaired. No B.S. Was extremely happy!

BM f.
BM f.

Audio Receiver Repair

Oscar fixed my top of the line Onkyo 7.1 receiver within 5 business days, and gave me good advice on how to keep it safe in the future. Couldn't do home delivery in Mississauga so I had to lug it back and forth to Toronto, but the pick-up service at my workplace was still convenient.

Josef from Vaughan
Josef from Vaughan

Repaired Wireless Speakers

The wireless rear surround speakers for my Logitech Z-5450 5.1 Speaker System failed.

I discovered through some research that Logitech had used inferior capacitors in the radio and power supply circuits; mine was a common problem.

I found Oscar through Google and asked him for help in repairing my speakers. I gave him several links to sites where this issue is discussed and which capacitors others had replaced to get the speakers working again.

He did a great job and the work was done very quickly.

I have to note that this was a very difficult project because I only gave Oscar the rear speakers, not the entire system. He could not directly test whether he had actually fixed the speakers.

When he dropped off the speakers he gave me a small bag with what looked like 2 dozen little capacitors that he had replaced.

After Oscar left I took a look inside one of the speakers to see his work and I was shocked to see how clean it was. The soldering work was so clean I could not tell that any work was even done.

The only proof I have that he did indeed replace all those capacitors is that the speakers now work great!

That night, I plugged them in at home and they paired to their radio immediately and have been working, without issue, since.

It's been a year now and they have literally never missed a beat.

The next time I need an electronics repair, I will call Oscar.

More about Ami Electronics And Repair Service Inc.

379 Shuter St Toronto ON M5A 1X3
Looking for Electronic Repairs pros in Old Toronto?