Simon & Sons Windows & Doors

Reviews for Simon & Sons Windows & Doors

N Thompson
N Thompson
5 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Poor quality and no accountability

Simon and Sons Windows and Doors supplied and installed new glass for ½ of the windows in my house; the random ones around the house whose double-paned seals had “popped’ over time. After installation, the very first time I had my house windows professionally cleaned, the new panes became badly scratched, even though all the original windowpanes that were cleaned at the same time remained unscratched. I used the same reputable local glass cleaning company I have had for approximately ten years, using the same cleaning technique they always use with consistently excellent results. The second year when all the windowpanes were professionally cleaned, the scratches on the new panes multiplied, while the status of the older panes remained unchanged. The new windows are so badly scratched that they require replacement. Clearly, in my opinion, there is something substandard about the quality of the glass supplied and sold by Simon and Sons. Despite numerous attempts, and irrefutable evidence documented by photos, Simon and Sons refused to take any responsibility whatsoever for the quality of the product they installed.
An onsite visit was scheduled to rule out the possibility that the UV coating was mistakenly applied to the outside of the glass, which they determined was not the case. After viewing the damage, and being unable to provide a feasible explanation, they claimed that the window cleaner may have changed up his technique as he moved from window to window, resulting in some windows being scratched and others not. The suggestion that my window cleaner washed some of my windows differently than the others, and that those windows just happened to be all of the new ones and none of the original ones, two years in a row, defies respect. It should be noted that my window cleaner is a professional in the industry, and does not scratch windows. He has used the exact same quality tools and technique consistently for many years and the company is well known and widely trusted in the GTA. I believe it is obvious there is something wrong with the glass.
Given my first hand experience, I am sorry to say it is my opinion that Peter and Derrick have demonstrated zero integrity. The window cleaning company has never disputed that the glass became damaged during the course of their cleaning, but are at a loss to know what is wrong with this particular glass. They clean multiple homes and businesses every day, the same way every time, and have been in business for years. In good faith, they have always been willing to shoulder some of the responsibility of replacing the glass. Simon and Sons, the purveyor of the glass, will not step up to the plate in any capacity and has only hidden from all accountability.
Buyer beware.

Gramps from Newmarket
Gramps from Newmarket

Replaced 4 doors

We just replaced 4 doors in our home. We decided to get 4 quotes. They were lower than a quote from a well known competitor by almost $5,000.00. They were a little higher than the lowest quote but seemed to be the most knowledgeable.
From the time Derrick came out to measure our doors and provide a quote we felt very comfortable and confident they were the best choice. They certainly didn't disappoint.
They're a family run operation that has been in business for 50 years. They gave us a very competitive quote and completed everything on time and as promised. They are very professional, honest, knowledgeable and accommodating. You can tell they take pride in their work. Their installers are very courteous and professional. They covered our floors with drop sheets and cleaned everything up when they were done. We're extremely pleased with their work and would highly recommend them.
Thanks Derrick and team for doing an outstanding job.

Scott in Toronto
Scott in Toronto

New Window Installation for Large Home in Newmarket

Just had the great team from Simon & Sons install new windows in our home. We have had an excellent experience from the beginning when we met the owners in their showroom & Derek came to the house to give us our estimate. The install crew arrived & were very detailed, clean, courteous and knowledgeable, hard working & really nice guys. I am glad we chose to do all of the windows at one time especially since the installation process was so easy and clean . The windows look amazing & we would recommend these guys highly to anyone looking for a high quality window project. Thanks!

The Kanes in Toronto
The Kanes in Toronto

Excellent Service, Great Workmanship

Our son accidentally broke our neighbour's large custom window. We immediately contacted Simon and Sons as we had previously had them install our windows and front door, and were extremely satisfied with the service, product quality and workmanship. They came to see the window right away, and ordered the replacement window and installed it within a month. They came in well under their quote which was amazing. We will never look elsewhere for doors and windows.

Bill
Bill
6 reviews Newmarket, ON

Garden doors

I have had windows installed by two different suppliers since we purchased the house in 2000. After a somewhat non impressive experience with another supplier, I decided to give Simon & Sons the opportunity to do some work in 2006. Since then they have installed 6 windows of all sizes and 2 garden doors for us. The quality of their work is exceptional. They are efficient, clean and are very careful not to damage any surrounding areas when installing the windows. All that being said, their after sale service is what keeps me coming back. They respond quickly and are very helpful in providing any required work whether within or after the product warranty period. For worry free transactions, I most heartily recommend Simon & Sons as a supplier for your windows and doors needs.

Andreh in Newmarket
Andreh in Newmarket

home owner

Derrick was very excellent. I had three windows had mold from inside. He suggested to replace the glasses since my windows frames were in excellent condition. He saved me around $1000. They showed up on-time, charged me exactly what they estimated before. Did excellent job. I have a few more windows to be replaced and will asked them to do the job.

Product is excellent, service was fantastic.

Simon and Sons expertly installed new custom windows across our whole house, after guiding us through the process of ordering and helping to recommend styles etc. We were very happy with the appearance and quality of the product, as well as the courteous customer service from beginning to end. A minor repair (our fault) was just required, and they came the very next day, fixed it (and it looks flawless) at no charge. Great experience from beginning to end. We would definitely purchase from them again and would recommend them to anyone. Very satisfied.

Gypped in Toronto
Gypped in Toronto
1 review Newmarket, ON

Bay Window

The window sill had stared discoloring. The vendor has assured us that the warranty applies and that we should watch the wood for any changes, going forward. If need be, the offending component will be replaced.
Sounds good to us.

This is further to the ongoing discourse: The issue with the vendor has been resolved satisfactorily. Should mention here that the workmanship of the installers has been excellent.

Review has 1 previous version
marian from Aurora
marian from Aurora
3 reviews Aurora, ON

window/door replacement

Not only did they do an excellent job with the installation, they also replaced a defective window (broken seal) 10 years after installation! And with their typical quiet efficient friendly service!!

MH in Newmarket
MH in Newmarket
13 reviews Newmarket, ON

Storm Door Install

Purchased storm doors via a 3rd party, big idea of installing them myself. Soon discovered even time was an issue. Called them, set up with an installer, arranged the work, job done. Happy...

Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Newmarket?