North Star Vinyl Windows And Doors

David in San Francisco
David in San Francisco
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Window replacement

Very pleased with the quality of windows that were installed. Also replaced patio doors with sliding glass doors with integrated blinds. Two years in, no issues what so ever. Would not hesitate to use again.

Anna in London
Anna in London
1 review London, ON

STAY AWAY!

In April 2020, we purchased 9 NorthStar windows and a big patio door, with 3 windows being casements. All three wouldn’t work: made clunking sounds and wouldn't close properly or lock. Now, 4 months later we are still at square one. We had an “AC Vinyl” window installed on the front of the house – absolutely no issues, but these ones… First, the dealer sent the installer to confirm if it's an installation issue or quality/warranty issue. Three visits later, he finally admitted it was a manufacturing defect. The NorthStar contractor came next - criticized the leveling of the windows (like who on earth ever makes them perfectly plumb and level?? but we did this time!!) – another visit after making the windows 100% level and plumb, he admitted that it must be the sash/window quality. Mind you that it takes several weeks between each of those visits!! So at no fault of ours, we were put back in line to wait for our sash replacement pieces to be made. You know, if I mess up at work, I make sure I fix my mistakes right away and on my personal time, to make sure the customer doesn’t have to suffer any further. In this case, it didn't happen. They made us wait another 4 weeks to make 3 new sashes/inserts. Just to remind you – it’s brand-new windows that were pounded on, installed and reinstalled hundreds of times… What wouldn't you do after 3 months of waiting; thinking that it'll be all over in just another 4 weeks?! Well, today they were installed, but they STILL DON'T LOCK!! They worked OK at peak heat time of the day (it was +28 today!) but now at +20 they act the same - don't lock!! So, why two professional installers and the manufacturer can't figure this out? Why are we suffering? What do I need to do as a customer to make sure I get the windows I paid for in a working condition?? You wait for so long to update your windows, look forward to this time of nice and new look and feel.... well, if you chose NorthStar - beware! I'd say STAY AWAY! 4 months later and I still don't have my windows working. Never mind the now-gone excitement of having new windows after spending a hefty amount on the upgrade, now I'm wondering if they are fixed in time to lock them for the winter! And at this point, I’m not sure they know how to fix them or to make them. All the good reviews written here come from people who work or want to work there, or from the ones that got lucky, but it’s an exception with NorthStar. If you read the BBB Bureau complaint, it pretty much describes our situation. So poor quality is not an exception for NorthStar, it seems to be a norm!

Gar
Gar
1 review Lucan, ON

Doors

Nov. 18- 2020 North Star has as of 3 weeks ago installed and paid for storm doors to correct the problem.
I Have been after repair for about 2 years now they have come out 4 times to fix leaks in doors These leaks are in 3 of my four doors. Still as of today July 29th 2020 they are not fixed. Suggested they put on screen doors (storm) they have yet to reply . This in a new house. the water will leak onto the basement ceiling if not mopped up as it comes in. Notice the leak from the window in the door this week
What is your opinion?

Private User reviews Wasaga Beach, ON

Northstar Windows

We ordered windows for a new home build. All of the windows and screens are warped and don't close properly. Northstar sent a repair man to come and repair brand new windows. We are on a very short time line to have this problem resolved and Northstar is taking their time getting back to us. I truly hope they do the right thing and replace these windows, although, I am very doubtful that they can supply a quality window from what we have now seen. The windows we received should never have left the factory in that condition.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

BEWARE of North Star Windows!!

Do NOT use North Star Windows!
They made all our (8) vinyl windows with incorrect measurements (too big). They did NOT take off the clearance when they made them as they were supposed to. So We had to cut them down to fit- yes, our brand new windows. The company would NOT do not anything to rectify the problem! Would not answer emails, etc...
BEWARE of North Star Windows and Save yourself the $ and headache!!