Oosterveld Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Oosterveld Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Reviews for Oosterveld Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Private User reviews Guelph, ON

Terrible customer service.

Water heaters leaking and manufacturer agreed to replace it under warranty. I just have to get a contractor to receive the new tank and install it. Called oosterveld. No one there to talk to at the main number so left a message with an advisor. Two days later no return call. Call again and talk to someone in the office. Guy doubted anyone would give me a free water heater under warranty and quotes 800 bucks flat rate just to install. Called a different local company who quoted less than half that and was immediately familiar with the warranty replacement process.

Judy in Stettler
Judy in Stettler
1 review Milton, ON

Furnace

We have used this company before for service for our Lennox pulse furnace. This year, before even looking at the furnace the serviceman said he was going to “pressure test” it, he did this and said it had failed and was condemned. It was observed that there was no check made to see if the plugs inserted into the holes were leaking or not. We were charged $165 for that pleasure. He told us that he would get the salesperson to call who did so extremely quickly and then quoted us $6500 for a new furnace. Needless to say, we got other quotes and are very happy with our new furnace that was considerably less.

disgruntled in Guelph
disgruntled in Guelph

Call fee, no service

had them install 2-3 years ago a system that didn't ever work properly, made an appointment which they cancelled 2 weeks ago. Came today after the heat wave asking us to sign a contract for $1500 for a warranty on a product that they've never installed properly anyway. Twohalf-assed techs working who wanted multiple visits to fix the problem, but couldn't start right away despite already waiting two weeks without air conditioning. Poor service all about the money.

Adam in Guelph
Adam in Guelph

Duct and Gas work - Cold air return added, gas lines relocated, duct repair

I have an older house that had some bad DIY duct work done from the previous owner. There was also no cold air return in the basement or upstairs. There was steel pipe gas lines running through the stairway to the basement which one needed to duck under.

I had a few companies come take a look. Oosterveld didn't try to up sell any additional products. A lot of companies just want to sell an AC or furnace. Oosterveld is also local and family owned. So I chose them.

HVAC: We added a cold air return to the basement and upstairs. A few extra heat runs in the basement. No more huge temperature differences from floor to floor, and the basement is much cozier.

Gas: The steel pipe gas lines were replaced with flex line routed through properly. Shut offs added for each appliance with a nice manifold in the utility room. A lot of small things fixed - out dated fittings / unions, repairs loose vent pipes (major safety issue for CO poisoning), and found a few issues next door at the neighbours that they also fixed.

The technicians were great. Very professional and hard working guys. Cleaned up afterwards. I worked with them for a few days, Spencer and Peter treated the place as if it were their own.

Would hire them again.

Ian in Guelph
Ian in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

Replacement of a hot water tank

When I found my hot water tank leaking, I called Oosterveld if they do water heaters, as I had my furnace and air conditioning installed by them about 18 months before and was quite satisfied with their service. The office asked me to contact Phil, and I left a message. Either he was busy or we were playing telephone tags, a couple of weeks went by before I was able to get hold of him. He confirmed that Oosterveld also have water heaters, and to my surprise Phil said that if I wanted to, I could get one installed the following day. As this fits well with my schedule, I accepted the offer and the following day the duo of Spencer and Peter arrived on time. Spencer had been at my place before during the installation of the furnace, and I met Peter the first time. The duo worked well together and it was quite a pleasure to interact with them. They cajoled with each other and brought me into the conversation quite naturally. A fantastic team and a real effective PR for the company. They didn't waste time in doing their job while talking all the time, and finished the job in an hour. That is even including the mandatory replacement of the ABS exhaust piping with the currently specified PVC piping. My hat off to them. Having had two critical jobs done by Oosterveld within less than two years, and with a very satisfactory result, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Oosterveld to my friends, as they have excellent teams with all round services.

original six in Guelph
original six in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

oosterveld heating and air conditioning

knowing our air conditioner and furnace were getting near twenty years old, we decided to get new ones we had seen this company around town so we called them, set up an appointment, picked out the units we wanted and set a date for installation.......the workers were right on time, friendly and neat......the work was completed when they said it would be and so we are completely satisfied

jesssejames007 in Guelph
jesssejames007 in Guelph

Furnace breakdown and repair

Jill and Rich were extremely prompt, courteous and very professional in their respective roles in assisting a very timely response and repair to a non-functioning furnace for my mother's home .
This support is what you always hope for and not always receive from many suppliers / service companies and this Oosterveld team well exceeded this expectation .
Many Thanks !

Thanks so much Jesse! We really appreciate having you and your mother as customers!

Eug in Guelph
Eug in Guelph
1 review , ON

Boiler Repair Disaster

We are experienced property investors with 9 properties. We purchased a building that closed at the end of February. The previous owner hid the fact that he had to babysit the High Efficiency boiler every few days and reset the error codes. When we developed problems in November we called in the company that originally installed the system and were told it was a flow problem and new piping and a new magnetic dirt or sediment separator would help. We were given a verbal estimate of $2 to $3 thousand. Bill came in unexpectedly at close to $6 thousand. After multiple service calls, the system was still not working and they never could figure out what the problem was we decided to not waste any more time or money with this company. The new company pointed out the problems with the setup and incorrect sizing of the pipes. We ended up ripping out the boiler and most of the $6 thousand piping. High efficiency boilers are extremely finicky. Do your research. Improper installation and incorrect setup will lead to endless problems and service calls. Find a company that knows what they are doing. Here is a photo of the pipes being ripped out. $6 thousand down the drain. The company will no doubt give a polite response.

Amy M  in Guelph
Amy M in Guelph

New Furnace and Air Conditioner

I hate to have to write a poor review about a local company, but Oosterveld Henk really squandered our time and energy. This company was quick to offer our family a favourable deal at the quote and contracting phase, and then once the work was scheduled, we got phone call after phone call explaining how they wouldn't go good on the terms of the signed contract (interest rate much different than promised, a free upgrade with purchase now only available if we agreed to spend more). Ultimately, what Oosterveld Henk offered us in the signed contract was so different from what they were prepared to go good on, that they cancelled our contact the day before the install, leaving us back at square one with a furnace/air conditioner that urgently needs to be replaced, and much time and energy wasted. Based on my experience with Oosterveld Henk, I recommend not becoming involved with them at all.

Good afternoon Amy, I am so sorry that you had this experience with our company. The deal that was offered to you was a mistake. We only became aware of the mistake yesterday, and tried to communicate with you as quickly as possible regarding the options that were available. I regret that we did not know about this sooner, and I am very sorry to have inconvenienced you and your family.

Private User reviews Guelph, ON

Lenox HVAC

Disaster company. Poorly managed and "cheap". Do not expect a high quality install job being done. Completely messed up installation of our HVAC system. Gas leeks everywhere. Poor soldering quality ... No refund possible ... Watch out. My neighbor also had a disastrous experience with them. They must be protected by Costco so they do not care about their legacy and reputation.

We are very sorry to hear you feel that way about your installation, please contact us directly and we will be happy to make it right. We pride ourselves on quality workmanship, and if we haven't met your standards I would like to know how we came up short to help make us better for the future.

More about Oosterveld Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Heating & Air Conditioning, HVAC Sales, HVAC repair, Fireplaces, Hot Water Heaters, Humidifiers, HRV, sales & service, commercial and residential, planned service agreements, maintenence, Call for a free estimate, Premier Lennox Dealer
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Guelph?