Joice-Sweanor Appliances Port Hope Ltd

Joice-Sweanor Appliances Port Hope Ltd

Reviews for Joice-Sweanor Appliances Port Hope Ltd

Private User reviews Cobourg, ON

Washing machine!

MAKE SURE WHEN YOU BUY AN APPLIANCE YOU FIND OUT THE MANUFACTURING DATE! APPARENTLY THERE WARRANTY DOESNT START FROM THE DAY YOU PURCHASE IT STARTS FROM THE DAY THE MACHINE WAS MADE. THEN GOT TOLD THEY HAVE NO WARRANTY ON ANYTHING!! 2 MONTH OLD WASHER NOW BROKEN!!!

Hilde in Port Hope
Hilde in Port Hope
1 review Cobourg, ON

Outstanding Service and Price

One of the perks of small town living is that it's wonderful to discover such a fantastic local business. They are obviously interested in repeat business and have had ours...many times.

Early Saturday morning (on a long weekend) I purchased a new washer/dryer at Joice Sweanor. I was promised afternoon delivery, set up, and removal of the old set at no additional charge. My appliances arrived the same day as promised.

The young deliverymen were fantastic, personable, efficient, and polite. They immediately removed the old pieces, and promptly assembled and installed the new set. Not only that, they provided all the items necessary for installation....tubes, hoses, tape, and other things I didn't recognize. Then, I was given a quick instruction and suggestions on the use of the new washer and dryer.

We have come to this store before and we'll be back. They deliver on their promises and prices are comparable.

Caitlin in North Leaside
Caitlin in North Leaside
4 reviews Port Hope, ON

Furniture and Appliance purchase

We recently moved to Port Hope and we needed a new sofa and a new washer and dryer. After becoming frustrated with the big box stores adding on large delivery and intalation fees. (Not to mention wait times!) We tried Joice Sweanor. We are so glad that we did. We purchased a well made sofa at good price and it was cheerfully delivered the next day at no additional cost. When we were ready to buy our washer and dryer we went back. We purchased a great set at a competative price. To our great surprise, delivery and instalation were included at no additional charge. They were willing to deliver and intall on the next business day. We actually had a problem with a manufacturers defect on the dryer. When I called in, there was no hassle and I was not put on hold. They had help on the way with in 2 hours and it was up and running with a new mother board (that they keep in stock, no waiting for parts!) with in 4 hours of my call. I've never had such good service. Skip the box stores! Go to Joice Sweanor.

DJ
DJ

Home Appliances

Although this store has a pretty small 'footprint' as far as appliance stores go, they carry and stock a surprisingly large variety of home appliances... from freezers to televisions! They have helpful, attentive staff that provide what you would expect here: Small Town Service. I recently purchased a small freezer but I have also purchased 2 microwaves (1 as a gift) and a dehumidifier. I was also very happy with the repair service they provided on a 'rush' basis when my refrigerator broke down 1 day before Christmas last year.
A recent runaround waiting for a TV to show up (promised for 10 days/didn't arrive after 1 month) prevents me from giving a higher rating. We were, however, refunded our deposit with their apologies.
Overall: good selection/good service/delivery available & repair services.
If what you are looking for is in stock (and it probably will be!) you will most likely find this store a 10 out of 10.