HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Scarborough  >  Owen's Home Appliance Repair

416-698-3316
12 Payzac Avenue
Scarborough
M1E2W7

We called Owen because our fridge was no longer keeping items cold. He happily accommodated our schedule in order to come out to have a look at our fridge. He was up front and honest about what he thought the issues might be, and which would be worth fixing on a 9 year old fridge. Luckily for us, he returned the following day with a part and the problem was solved. Thanks to Owen, we were not only saved the prospect of buying a new fridge, but we were also able to salvage most of the contents of our fridge due to his prompt service. We couldn't be happier with our experience with Owen.

Thanks Sara for your generous comments. Remember your 60 warranty still apply should you been me to follow up.

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto

Refrigerator not cold enough

I called Owen's the morning after my wife and I realized the inside of our refrigerator was not cold enough (the freezer compartment was fine). He asked me some questions (Was there frost on the walls of the freezer? Or on the ice cubes?) and said he could get a repair person to my home that afternoon. And that's what happened. A gentleman named Lin came right on time, removed a panel at the bottom of the fridge compartment and explained to me what was wrong. He had the necessary part in his truck, and our fridge was fixed in less than an hour. Would definitely use this company again. Paul in Toronto

Thanks Paul for the 'plug' I had booked and scheduled someone else, just in case I myself got tied up elsewhere. Glad to hear that my associate gave the 'professional' service that we thrive for.
And all our work is warranted, so feel free to call on this or any other matter of concern. Respectfully yours: Owen.

james in Scarborough
james in Scarborough

Squealing Dryer

GE Dryer was squealing and also leaving dark marks on clothes. Discussed issue with Owen over the phone who was able to give me an accurate and fair quote. Owen arrived on time and was friendly and professional and did a terrific job.

Your job also have a 60 day warranty. Should you have and concerns, please call.
Hey, thanks for the plug.

Sandra in Pickering
Sandra in Pickering
0 reviews Pickering, ON

OTR Microwave installed incorrectly

OTR Mircrowave was installed incorrectly. There was no attention to detail. I had the microwave re-installed by another company as I couldn't trust the install to be rectified by this company.

Every few years I meet what we call in the trade'a customer from hell.' And here we go again. Sorry Sandra, that I could not do or offer anything to your satisfaction. If this harassment continues, there will be consequences.

Nagesh in Toronto
Nagesh in Toronto
0 reviews Simcoe County, ON

Dryer Repair

When my Dryer was not at all drying the Clothes and in fact they come out of Dryer as wet, we called Owen. Owen Quickly Diagnosed the problem that the Dryer Pipe is completely Blocked and removed all the wastage from it and showed it to us as the Proof. Our Dryer is functioning even more effectively now. Owen is very Polite. I would definitely Recommend him. Thank you Owen.

Was glad to be of help. Don't forget to keep that dryer exterior vent above the snow line during the winter, gas dryers especially. Check for lint build up at end of exhaust periodically. Best wishes.

Sam in Pickering
Sam in Pickering
0 reviews Pickering, ON

Gas Dryer repair

My gas dryer was making a terrible squeaking noise - so much that I didn't want to use it (and laundry was piling up!) I called Owen based on the homestars reviews and his location. He came by, gave me a quote and returned the next day as promised to fix it first thing. He was very professional and helpful. The repair cost seemed fair - and best of all, the dryer works perfectly. I will contact Owen again if I am in need of appliance repairs.

Thanks Sam. I am also pleased that you are satisfied. Remember also, there is a 60 day warranty on the job should you have any problems.

Debbie from Scarborough
Debbie from Scarborough

Dryer Repair

My dryer stopped working, it was still tumbling but there was no heat. Owen fixed the problem and did so at a reasonable price. I used Owen to repair my dehumidifier a few months back and called him again and was very satisfied with the service again. Last time I got his colleague Glen but this time I actually got Owen, both were good. I won't hesitate to call Owen again if anything else needs fixing and will recommend him to anyone.

Thanks for sharing your satisfaction about my work. There is also a 60 day warranty on all my work, parts and labour.
Thanks for the call. Owen.

Beechouse from Toronto
Beechouse from Toronto

Broken Fridge - Still Broken

Owen sent a technician to repair my fridge.
The technician diagnosed the problem, and said he would order a part and come back to do the repairs.
He did not come back.
They charged me $50.00 to tell me my fridge was broken.

Extremely sorry to hear that sir/madam. I myself was not well that day so I asked someone to fill in for me. The service you described is unacceptable to me. I would be more than happy to return your $50.00 or to compensate you in another way.That technician will no longer be associated with my company. You may contact me at 416 698 3316. Again, my sincere apologies.

Squeaky Dryer

Asked Owen to a fix squeaky dryer of a stacked washer-dryer combination. He arrived with an assistant within the promised time frame and they fixed the problem (broken bearing) in less than an hour, working in tight space. Very reasonable price with a 60-day warranty.
I'll be happy to recommend him for those looking for a reliable appliance technician.

Thanks for the compliments. Your Dryer is one of those brands I recommend you repair rather than buy new. Thanks for using my service and taking the time to write.

Jay in Scarborough
Jay in Scarborough

Washer Repair

We called Owen to replace the door boot in our Whirlpool washing machine. He came on Sunday with his colleague and they got the part installed. While testing, they noticed that water was not completely draining. We had not had this issue before, so Owen said to test a load and let him know if there was still a problem. Sure enough, on our load of laundry that afternoon the tub would not drain. I called Owen and over the phone he gave me instructions on how to diagnose and fix the problem. To get that kind of service on a Sunday afternoon is tremendous, and I would recommend Owen to anyone who needs appliance repairs.

Thanks 'J' for that little plug. But I knew you guys were anxious about getting the repair done, so I made the extra effort. Note that your bill included $150.00 for the part; 60 day warranty. Thanks for the call. Owen.

More about Owen's Home Appliance Repair

We pledge to provide prompt, honest, quality In-Home Service with excellence that exceeds your expectations.

Scope of our services is listed below.