Antique Buyer-Rob Sage

Reviews for Antique Buyer-Rob Sage

Robert W in Toronto
Robert W in Toronto

Rob Sage Auctions

Rob Sage runs a fun, quality antique auctions. He and his team are friendly and he is an honest dependable person. I got my beautiful antique Singer featherweight sewing machine and yellow bench and boxes, etc from his auctions over the past few years. They are my treasures for good deals much cheaper than retail or ebay prices! My best kept secret to get antiques. Highly recommend his auctions. Please see the attached pic of my sewing machine. I make professional traditional teddy bears with it!

bianca hoffmann from Angus
bianca hoffmann from Angus
0 reviews Essa, ON

auction

I attended a Rob Sage Auction in Barrie , it ran from 11:00 am until approx 2:30. I made a purchase of a travel bag with wheels and retractable handle , I was the second bidder . The woman that had first bidder picked her bag and filled it with sewing machine and many other purchase's at was at 11:15 ,At 2:30 when auction was over I was paying for my purchase's the woman say's her bag is torn and proceeds to take sewing machine and other stuff out of HER bag Grabs mine from my pile of purchases ,and proceeds to fill it up ! When I objected Rob Sage says she has first pick . But she had already chose hers 3 hours earlier ! THATS WHY IT WAS FILLED WITH HER CRAP !!! She probably tore it filling it with so much, Then ROB tells me I can sew it !! Like I'm Martha Stewart !!! Says he will see if they get another one ,LIKE THATS GOING TO HAPPEN. ,

This person did not speak to me personally about this issue, as she claimed she did.
She may have spoken to the owner of the store, but she did not address me on this as she claims to.
Why she would use my name, when she never spoke to me, and then post a review, is beyond me.
I really object to someone posting a review like this, when they cant get their facts straight. Very irresponsible!

nadya from Mississauga
nadya from Mississauga
0 reviews Schomberg, ON

Rob Sage Auctioneer Pottageville

I used his service only once. I signed a contract to sell my belongies on Rob Sage Auction. He told me I can not reserve the price of my items. But he told me that he was going to use my list with prices as a guide. As a result Rob Sage sold my beautiful things for $2, $5, $10 and $20. I lost almost $500.00 in total. In one week I received cheque from him and I was surprised. I attended his auction and I was watching the bidding prices. When I received an invoice I found a mistake he sold one item for $20.00 but instead I received $10.00 minus his commission. I tried to call him but he never replied to me. I will never ever use his service again and would not recomended his service to anybody.

In response to to Nadya (which is not the name she goes by). It is unfortunate her items did not bring the money she hoped for, but I told her she would likely get no where near the money she was hoping for. I do not accept reserve bids, she realized that, and despite what I told her, she went ahead with her consignment.
There was a full auction hall of potential buyers, who obviously did not see the value in her items, and that is the nature of an auction.
More importantly, she NEVER phoned me after the auction, as she claimed. If she had called, I would have returned her call. It is unfortunate she misrepresented that part of her story.
We run an honest, legitimate antique auction, and all potential consignors are warned of the risks involved. I will never take a price list from any consignor and use that as a reserve list. It is not the way I do business.

Brena from Thornhill
Brena from Thornhill
14 reviews Thornhill, ON

Buys and Sells Antiques

Rob Sage is personable, knowledgeable and accommodating. He is able to pick up the furniture at your home, at your convenience and add it to his auctions. He understands the market value of your pieces and he is very fair and honest. He is a pleasure to work with!