Sheridan Nurseries, Ltd. - Unionville

Reviews for Sheridan Nurseries, Ltd. - Unionville

Marleine in Toronto
Marleine in Toronto

Outstanding products and service from Sheridan Nurseries, Unionville

Been a client for many years at the Unionville Sheridan. Excellent products, service and 2 year warranties on perennials. It's worth the 30 minute plus drive to get there. Only thing missing is a tea room. Wonderful selection of indoor plants and patio purniture.

Ms. Santana from Scarborough
Ms. Santana from Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

Plants

Today I had the saddest experience of my life at your store .
My mother is a plant lover and she is sick with a chronic illness. This summer we closed our swimming pool and decide to build the yard of her dreams. We had chosen Sheridan to get most of our items. We want a large fountain, yard furniture, plants, a pond, and bird bath. We want to cheer her up and we took her to your store. She noticed some Venus flytraps that were looking sad, and she thought she may buy them and bring them back to health as she is experienced with this type of plants.
I asked her to ask an employee if she could get a discount as the plants did not look their best.
She is very shy and only due to my insistence she softly asked an employee if she could have a discount on the plants. The lady screamed at my mother, in a stupor grab the plants turning the back at my mom which was still telling her she will buy them anyways and she would not need a return policy. The employee screamed back at my mother “Now I will destroy them” You cannot buy them now even if you want!
I was shocked, I did not say a word, I could not compute what just had happened!
I feel so embarrassed that I took my mom there, she went home in tears.
I found this is very sad that your employees have the liberty to abuse their customers.

Kashfia in Scarborough
Kashfia in Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

Purchased potted plants

I recently visited Sheridan Nurseries in Markham as I was interested in buying some flowers to plant in a pot for the front of my home. This was my first time visiting the nursery and when I went there, I did not find many staff working there. I had to hunt someone down to ask some questions I had. She was somewhat helpful but seemed almost bothered that I had some questions regarding some plants. I would still return if they were having a good sale but don't expect too much help.

Emperuman Rajan in King City
Emperuman Rajan in King City
11 reviews RICHMOND HILL, ON

Rock Garden Plants & Shrubs

We had made a rock garden in our backyard last year June. We were looking to see which nursery had the best choices for plants and shrubs to be planted in a rock garden. We tried Terra, smaller nurseries in the area and eventually stumbled upon Sheridan Nursery by seeing their flyer.

We went there and were greeted by friendly staff. We had asked one particular staff member to assist us. She was very helpful to ensure what we really wanted based on the rock garden environment we had. She gave us an overall idea of what plans and shrubs to have such as cacti, hen & chick, fescue grass, etc. She approximately spent a good 20 minutes of her time with us to ensure we were satisfied and looked after.

Everything turned out to be great for our rock garden and we again went to Sheridan Nursery this year and went to the same staff member. She was very happy and appreciated us going back to her and she clearly remembered whom we were.

Will definitely go back to this place and recommend it.

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at our location. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and will pass this along to the Unionville store! We value your business - Thank you.

Randy to the North
Randy to the North
2 reviews RICHMOND HILL, ON

Water feature design, implementation, and support

We engaged Sheridan to design our back-yard landscaping job. From design to implementation, the project was a mess. The designer did a reasonable starting job, but her design could not be translated into reality based on the slope of the back yard. The contractors recommended to us by Sheridan made a complete mess of the job. The stone-work did not drain properly - we had to get Sheridan in to make the contractors fix the job - the fix lasted only a year before the stones started lifting. The Toro sprinkler system failed after the second winter and neither Sheridan nor the contractor are willing to fix the issue that is clearly a problem with the installation - wire connections came loose and became exposed to the elements. If you are considering a project, I would have second thoughts about going with this store that seems to be taking a "big box" approach to customer service - little to none. We are currently investigating having to completely replace our sprinkler system after only two years of use.

We would like to review your feedback on your experience with us.
Please contact us at socialmediasupport@sheridannurseries.com at your
earliest convenience. Please indicate the best available time and phone
number we can reach you at. Thanks.

10 reviews Hamilton, ON

Hybrid Roses

Wanted to decorate my garden. Which is something that I do annually. This year, I pulled out some of the old shrubs that were getting boring and decided to plant some roses. I like Sheridan cause of their guarantees and insurance with plants. I pretty sure it's the same with many nurseries but Sheridan is one of the greatest places to shop if you want to decorate your garden. It's huge, and has such a wide selection. The staff are pretty helpful if you can find the experienced ones. Some of them are obviously summer students and don't have as much knowledge in the different plants and shrubs they sell.

I planted the roses in my garden and I'm starting to see some budding going on! One rose popped out last week but got killed during the large rain storm on Friday. I will have to keep a close look on my plant and hopefully won't have to put this insurance policy to the test.

Galadriel in Mississauga
Galadriel in Mississauga
5 reviews Scarborough, ON

garden supplies, plants

Sheridan Unionville has excellent quality plants, however they are a little on the expensive side. I find the staff okay, but not great.

Their furniture is of excellent quality but again quite expensive.

I approached them about a landscaping plan that had few evergreens and they provided me with one that was full of evergreens. Not what I wanted

Thank you for your post. We are sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your experience at our Unionville store. We would like to follow up with you directly and ask that you contact us at your convenience at info@sheridannurseries.com.

10 reviews Hamilton, ON

Flowerbed Re-Design

I went to go get some nice shrubs for my flowerbed out in my front yard. I wanted some easy to take care of shrubs that would look nice and not grow to be too large. This place is usually extremely packed so you get little to no service. Despite their lack of service, they are always able to attract so many customers. I don't blame them because they have got one of the largest selection of plants to decorate your garden with from flowers to shrubs to trees. I guess not having service wasn't that big of deal as I was able to roam around freely picking out the shrubs that I wanted. I ended up with two little spruces and two plants called magic carpet. They are not too large. The magic carpet is my favourite because it has a different colour in each season!

Andrea in North York
Andrea in North York
2 reviews North York, ON

pest control

The garden experts really knew what they were talking about. I really appreciated how much time they took to explain what was going on with my lawn. They didn't have the product I needed, so wrote down my name and number and called me when it came in. It is a pricey store, but worth paying more to get the right product.

michael allard in Stouffville
michael allard in Stouffville
1 review STOUFFVILLE, ON

shrubs, flowers and trees

Re-doing my back yard, so I went to Sheridan Nursery, and the staff were very knowledgeable, they helped me with the design of my back yard, flower position, shrubs and trees location.

More about Sheridan Nurseries, Ltd. - Unionville

13, 000 sq. ft. retail store with everything you need for your garden including expert advice, patio furniture, outdoor accessories, garden care products, tools, seeds, fertilizer, planters, containers, baskets, and much more! Full Service Floral Shop with 7 day a week Floral Delivery Service
Looking for Garden Centres pros in Unionville?