Big Valley Heating & Sheet Metal Ltd

Reviews for Big Valley Heating & Sheet Metal Ltd

Ken in Maple Ridge
Ken in Maple Ridge

Excellent Service AND after sales service

Big Valley came highly recommended by a friend. I confirm they are a very good company, I had them fit my Air Con and the installation was excellent. As a result my son and also a friend of his had Air Con fitted by Big Valley.
My 'Story' is: This week my water tank failed, I called Big Valley and they advised me to first contact my builder (as the house is only 3 years old) and ask the builder to resolve as I should have a warranty and if the builder wouldn't resolve the problem then they would step in and deal with the warranty for me even though they hadn't done the original job!
It turns out that the builder did resolve the issue however, it's awesome that Big Valley were prepared to help - Great after Sales Service.

Thank You for the awesome review , We try hard to impress thru the whole experience !

John S. in Maple Ridge
John S. in Maple Ridge

New Amana Furnace installation

The fellows did a very nice job in getting rid of my old Lenox Hi Efficiency furnace and putting in a better quality Amana. The installation was fast, smooth and we are very happy with everything done.

I would certainly recommend Big Valley and their staff to anyone in need of repair or replacement units. They are very professional and know their job. They did everything to get things accomplished to our needs which we really appreciated.

Private User reviews Maple Ridge, BC

Furnace Fixed

I called at noon to request someone come look at my furnace that had stopped working the night before and there was a service technician at my place by four the same day. My technician was knowledgeable and professional. Immediately knew what the problem was and fixed it. Very impressed with this company.

Von Dorn in Pitt Meadows
Von Dorn in Pitt Meadows
5 reviews Pitt Meadows, BC

Exhaust pipe installation and boiler maintenance

They did 1 project for us : installed exhaust pipe and few years later upgraded it to a different product.
A while ago we changed from hot water tank to instant hot water tankless system. Big Valley Heating installed new exhaust pipe for the system. Did pretty good job at that time. All to the code for 2009 requirements.
Few years later we did some renovations to our house and city inspector noticed the installed exhaust pipe was not matching the code for 2013 and requested to replace it. Big Valley Heating came within 3 days and replaced it at no cost to us (except labour charge).

Every year we have somebody to come and inspect and maintain our hot water heating system boiler. Usually the fees for inspection are relatively low, but almost always they find something broken and replace it for big $$. This year we decided to call Big Valley. They charge a bit more, but! But they found there was nothing wrong with our system, but it was not properly maintained all these years - there was huge accumulation of dust, debris, etc. Nobody bothered to clean it despite charging us for "maintenance". I guess they were making huge money by charging us for replacing "broken" parts.
Big Valley guy cleaned our system thoroughly, reassured us that all is in perfect working order. I am going to call them again next year. Good job, guys!

Furnace servicing

My tenant called me and I sent them in to check why heating didn't work. They fixed it and an invoice sent to me in a few days. Very professional and reasonable cost.

Pam and Jon Johnson  in Pitt meadows
Pam and Jon Johnson in Pitt meadows
3 reviews Pitt Meadows, BC

Heat Pump Maintenance

First time using Big Valley and was very impressed. The technician Terry was very informative, knowledgeable and efficient. Is a great teacher with apprentices. Everyone from reception to techs to owners are very friendly. Would highly recommend Big Valley to anyone. Thank you.
Pam & Jon Johnson.

Melody  Postle from Maple Ridge
Melody Postle from Maple Ridge
1 review Maple Ridge, BC

Repairs and a furnace installation

I would not deal with anyone else for my heating and gas services. their prices are fair market value and they have very knowledgable and friendly staff both in and out of the office. They helped me promptly with 2 emergency situations and on no occasion have they tried to upsell me. They tell me what I need and try to help me manage my costs. Most of all I have found all of the staff have the utmost integrity.

Annette M from Maple Ridge
Annette M from Maple Ridge

Furnace

I can't say enough about the effort that Ron from Big Valley put into sorting the problems out with a furnace installed by another company. They go above and beyond to try to solve the issues. If I have one "complaint" it is only about the communication flow when you leave messages. But I would recommend this company to everyone. I also used them when overseeing the renos on my grandson's house, for new hot water tank and furnace repairs. Excellent work ethic - something not often found these days.

Michael Klatt from Maple Ridge
Michael Klatt from Maple Ridge
12 reviews Maple Ridge, BC

Ducting Changes

As part of a basement reno, I needed to have the supply and return ducts changed out and also moved closer to the floor joist to allow for maximum head clearance. Big Valley did a great job of this. In addition I had bathroom exhaust fan ducting installed as well as the range hood ducting. They did these and everything was fine, what I didn't like was the 30° elbows on both runs just before they hit the exterior wall when they could have gone straight out the wall if they had piloted out the hole before drilling the big 6" hole. Minor, but I've always been told to only add elbows when 100% needed and in this case I didn't see the need other than the 6" was drilled first, then the ducting added after. I talked to the sales guy and was asked to send pictures but never heard back. That said, everything is working fine and neither the bathroom fan or the range hood seem to be making more noise than they should. Again, just a little detail that I find separates "the best" from "the rest". I think if they had followed up with me after I sent the pictures, explaining why they had to put these elbows in, it would have showed me they appreciated my business, but since they didn't, I felt like they had their money they were done with me. This is too bad as I'm now looking for a furnace and AC unit but will now shop around to see if there are better options in Maple Ridge before contacting them for a quote.

Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Maple Ridge?