J C Robinson & Sons Ltd

1726 Bank Street Ottawa ON K1V 7Y6

Reviews for J C Robinson & Sons Ltd

Moe

Emergency call waiting time 3/30 hours which was expectable because I was told up to five .
More was the service personal helpful best workman I have had since using your company..
In and out replaced the part in less then an hour ..
Would use him any time again..
Thanks

furnace check-up

The service guy (Mo) who came to service my furnace today provided top-notch client service! He was thorough, and gave easy to understand explanations of what I needed to know and be aware of. He was a wonderful ambassador fro the company!

Andras in Nepean
Andras in Nepean

Installation of new York furnace

Excellent service, very prompt. Mike came out talk to us from his house after his work time once I told him that we have no heat and was cold outside. Furnace was installed the next day, very professionally. Site cleaned up by two member team who were very courteous. Moe came out next day to fine tune system.

Doug in Ottawa
Doug in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Major problems with furnace

Had multiple issues with furnace electrics. JC Robinson was very prompt at working through the issues and getting us back in service. Best of all the $4000 in parts and labour was covered by our maintenance agreement.

Many thanks to Dave and Moe for your perseverance in finding a resolution.

Arrogant, Rude and Poor Customer Service

I had been using this company for a number of years and had a service contract with them. When I requested that they come and inspect my heating and air conditioning, they refused to come since it was done already 11 months ago, and were so appallingly rude to me over the phone, I have switched to another company. I have never been talked to like that before in my life by a company providing service, both the female employee and her supervisor.

Nicole in Orleans
Nicole in Orleans

Air Condition

The installation was excellent, and the two gentleman were very professional and courteous . I would recommend your company anytime. The work area was left clean as a whistle.

Denis Gervais
1725 Summerlands
Orleans On. 613 824-7624

banyagatiger
banyagatiger
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Look for something better.

Called them for a repair service. Got a sched between 1pm-5pm. service guy showed up ~4:30pm. The service guy assessed the furnace and said that I need a new blower motor. I told him that this was already replaced a couple years back. Odd that this is broken again, and that easily? I also mentioned that the motor I got from JC Robinson from before as well and it seemed to be firing but the flame is NOT.
He said he’s certain that it is the issue. He says this is typical of this type of motor. This should be replaced every 5 yrs or so.
He went back to his truck and got the part. He says it’s $450 + $128 labor (+tax).
Well, I explained that we have had no heating for over 24 hrs, (and we have seniors in the house) and bad weather is coming up the weekend, told him we don’t have much of a choice at this point. I told him whether any discount? He says that I am lucky since the price is typically $700 or more!
I said, OK then, please go ahead then, as I felt like I was getting a good deal as well.
He then installed it, and as well noticed that he removed something and he seems to be cleaning it (which later I googled and it’s apparently the flame sensor)…
Well, good thing now is that, the furnace is back up and running.... Paid the bill and thanked him for that. He was done in 30mins, tops.
I just got curious as to how much the part would typically cost if I order this online. Let’s just say that I didn’t feel all that great after that, especially if they show up at the tailend of the appointment and it would seem leaving you with not much choices.
I still give them an OK review since the furnace is working.…
but I would seriously suggest that if you have some time, do your research first.

notmadofmoney in Ottawa
notmadofmoney in Ottawa

air conditioning repair con

I am concerned that this comment will negatively affect future service from this company as we have relied on them in the past and have received good service, however, this last round has cost us significant money and I feel I need to warn others. We purchased our YORK furnace and YORK ac system from them.

We recently had a YORK air conditioning problem turn into a diagnostic check ($70), they were required to a replace the furnace blower head part ($140) (under warranty), and then the next day they diagnosed the ac compressor was at fault. They replaced the compressor on the ac unit today ($1439) under parts warranty. The estimate was quoted at ($1300) and the repair technician was here just over 4 hours. The price include refrigerant however, even at high estimate of $500 for refrigerant that is $1439- 500 = $939 / 4 = $234.75 per hour for labour.
First, they did not properly diagnose the original problem correctly, but charged us, and perhaps the furnace issue (blower head) caused the ac unit compressor failure which I understand is extremely rare (both technicians said this was a first for them, and it took a week to obtain the compressor part).
I am concerned that my complaint will impact future service as I believe we still have a year left on the furnace warranty and several on the ac unit. I do however, feel that advising the public of this apparent over-charge should not go un-noticed.

I can assure you your review will not affect future service Mr. C.
We pride ourselves on being an honest company with professional technicians.
Every step of the way, costs were explained and agreed to by you.
We fixed your air conditioner and you paid us for our services.
All the HVAC equipment you mentioned is over 5 years old.
Any warranty coverage is provided by York not J.C. Robinson & Sons.
If you did not want us to perform the warranty work you could have chosen a different firm.

Trevor L in Ottawa
Trevor L in Ottawa

Air Conditioner

Very impressed with the company and the technician that came out. He was very friendly and knowledgeable. Was willing to walk me through what was wrong with the air conditioner and gave me some tips on what to do next time if we have a problem with it.

More about J C Robinson & Sons Ltd

Since 1923, J. C. Robinson & Sons has built a stellar reputation among Ottawa homeowners as a high-quality provider of products and services for air conditioning, heating, indoor air quality, and many other aspects of home comfort. Let us show you how easy and affordable it can be to upgrade ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Ottawa?