Sunrise Windows & Door Depot Ltd

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
6724-50 st Edmonton AB T6B 3M9
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Edmonton  >  Sunrise Windows & Door Depot Ltd

Reviews for Sunrise Windows & Door Depot Ltd

lynn in Edmonton
lynn in Edmonton

Replacing windows

We recently replaced 5 windows in our home, we were very happy with the product and the service. Everyone from the salesman to the installers were very professional, on time and helpful. We got quotes from several companies and their pricing was the best. They answered all our questions on the type and quality of windows that would work best for our home. We have a roll shutter on one of the windows that we replaced and they attached a special finishing to make it easy for use to replace the roll shutter. We will be replacing several windows on the other side of our house in the future and will be purchasing from this company.

Rita in Edmonton
Rita in Edmonton

Customer Service

Once windows were order and paid for customer service went downhill. When we called to check on status of our order we were told very rudely not to call they would call when the windows were ready - they called 3 days later. When we went to pick up the windows we were asked to come back later as their staff was about to go for lunch. Staff did not even help load the windows,

Heidi Seek in Edmonton
Heidi Seek in Edmonton

Windows and doors

Great prices and quality product! Very thorough and professional. Installation went off without a hitch! Very happy with our new doors and windows! They did an amazing job. Would highly recommend

Thanks Heidi for the Great Review!

Amazing Service

I had the people from Sunrise Windows come out and give me an estimate for new windows. The salesman was Not Pushy and did not talk me into anything. (if he had I would have asked him to leave.)

I compared them to 3 other Edmonton companies and they offered me the best windows for the best price. Their price was so competitive that I was concerned about using them. I called 5 of their references and researched them on the internet. I decided to give them a shot at it.

I could not have been more pleased. They sold me ans installed 10 windows in my home. The installers were so thorough and clean and I was so pleased that I bought 7 more windows for the other side of my home.

I will be calling them back when I am ready to complete the project.
I can strongly recommend them to anyone who is looking for superb quality, service and value.

Sunrise Windows is the ONLY window and door manufacturer in Edmonton who not only makes our own products but installs them too.....this is why our prices are so amazing......thanks for the review and see you again with your next order.

Trish S in Edmonton
Trish S in Edmonton

EXCELLENT COMPANY

Our overall experience with Sunrise Windows and and Door Depot was amazing! We replaced  all our windows in our home. Work was done accurately and quickly by a very professional team.  Ray Proskow visited our home a couple of times ensuring that the measurements were perfectly correct. He is certainly a very friendly and knowledgeable gentleman. He invited us to see our windows being created and prepped for our home. I have never even heard of another company doing that!!  The installation team was neat, removed all the garbage from the site, and kept to the promised timeline. We would HIGHLY recommend this amazing company!!

Thanks very much Trish for taking the time to give us a great review of our company and its services

Cassandra Lafonde in Edmonton
Cassandra Lafonde in Edmonton

Installation of windows

Everything about our experience with Sunrise Windows has been great starting with the purchase and ending with the installation. We've used them before as well. I would definitely recommend them.

Thank-you Cassandra for your positive review!

Dan in Edmonton
Dan in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Quality issues and terrible customer service

Be forewarned - the installers will make a disaster out of your house. I have had to contact Sunrise several times about deficiencies about a window (that won't open) and doors (that are difficult to close); it seems this company has a pervasive quality control problem.

I have had ongoing issues with the quality of the windows and doors I purchased. Besides the two to three weeks it takes for any type of reply from the service department, they want close to $200 just to send someone to come take a look. The project was done JUST over two years ago - the doors and window hardware should not be failing already!

Please note, I have given Sunrise many opportunities to communicate with me on these issues. Their responses have not been adequate and take weeks to receive anything. I say inadequate because they dismiss the problems with my window, they dismiss my door latching problems as a necessity for weather-sealing (we have to slam the doors or yank on the hardware to get it to latch properly - this is NOT a weather sealing issue), and they fail to understand why I am frustrated about a $200 service call that takes ages to coordinate for issues that are clearly installation/manufacturer hardware related.

Edit: "Coincidentally" I was contacted within moments of submitting this review. The response I received from Sunrise (without seeing the issue first-hand in any way) was that all my troubles were almost certainly due to Winter/Summer cooling/warming cycles. My question is (like several other reviews on this site) why aren't windows designed for the weather here? If they cannot withstand shifts due to temperature shifts, they should not be sold in cold climates. Also - if windows cannot be relied on to open in an emergency, that becomes a safety hazard. What if there is a fire - would you want to risk someone burning because of Sunrise's negligence?

Edit 2: Rating changed to 0. I cannot imagine a world in which I would ever recommend Sunrise to someone I like.

Review has 1 previous version

Customers service request was for a awning window that did not close without some trouble. Window hardware will work for many years without issues but some will require periodic adjustment to keep them working smoothly, as noted in our customer maintenance.
Adjustments can be done by either the homeowner(directions on web site)or have a Sunrise Windows Tech do the adjustment instead.
Windows installed over 2 1/2 years ago have exceeded the warranty for adjustments by Sunrise Windows and are a chargeable service and also when we send a Service Tech to a the site for service, we fix the problem not just look at it.
Bedroom windows are the only windows with fire code requirements, this customers window that needs adjustments is NOT a bedroom window, all other statements are complete nonsense and are result of charging the customer for this service call request......This now would be the 2nd review from this customer and published getting worse from the other one

1 review Edmonton, AB

Replaced all windows and doors in home

Excellent pre service, Ray was polite and professional doing the free quote. Very informative about windows and asked what we wanted and gave suggestions based on his knowledge. Had a tour of the assembly facility and detailed information review of each window etc. Installers were polite and professional and cleaned up after themselves. Work was done in a timely manner.

Sunrise Windows thanks you for your review.

More about Sunrise Windows & Door Depot Ltd

Sunrise Windows has been making quality windows and doors since 1996. Located in Edmonton, Canada our modern 35, 000-square foot manufacturing plant produces a full range of competitively priced custom vinyl windows and entrance doors that are available from us direct(1-877-413-1234) or from our authorized dealers. A family owned business, ...