Natural Landscapes Inc.

Landscape Contractors & Designers
Calgary AB T2J 1K2
HomeStars  >  Landscape Contractors & Designers in Calgary  >  Natural Landscapes Inc.

Reviews for Natural Landscapes Inc.

Finlay in Calgary
Finlay in Calgary

Modern Front Yard Makeover

Doug’s creative skills quickly turned a mundane front yard into a modern masterpiece. Doug and his staff were friendly and professional at all times and executed the project per the plan, adding a couple of last minute improvements at no extra cost. I would highly Natural Landscapes if you’re in the market for a quality landscape contractor.

debbie in High River
debbie in High River
1 review High River, AB

Mixed bag, disappointed with the finishing

I have used Doug twice before but on jobs that were limited in scope - collaborated on design and completed the hard scape - rock positioning and loam supply and grading. Very very happy with the results although aware that Doug is passionate but a little disorganized. The latest job was a big one - full landscaping for a new build. Overall the results are good but the areas that were very special to me, enough that I would sacrifice other things for them to meet our budget, were poorly handled. Doug starts off well and then gets pulled in many different directions on other jobs leaving inexperienced staff to handle some things that are beyond their skill sets. Really disappointed with how Doug handled some small items at the end that needed a rework. It tarnished all the good work he did. I would recommend Natural Landscapes but only with a cautionary addendum.

Jen Bartlett in Calgary
Jen Bartlett in Calgary

Cranston Retreat

We hired Doug and his crew in 2016 to landscape our front yard. After we saw the results, we immediately hired them to do the backyard. We had some ideas of what we wanted, but Doug took those ideas to the next level!!! We were blown away, and still are, every time we step outside. We loved that they showed up when they said they were going to, and kept the time line promised. We were also very impressed at how they cleaned up every night before they left. We would highly recommend them to anyone we know. Doug and his team were amazing and we actually miss having them around and making lunches for them. Thanks Doug and team for all your hard work!!

No reply to inquiry

I requested a quote from Doug for a project that required fairly timely response. It was disappointing that he did not bother to reply, even after I contacted him 3 times to please provide a quote. Kayben Landscaping sent Nick to see our garden, discuss the project and provide a quote. Kayben will be getting our business and whenever I need work done in future I certainly won’t bother to contact Natural Landscapes

Hello Mystery person,
My apologies we where not able to connect, I usually try and be as diligent as possible at responding to phone calls and e-mails. This spring has been a bit more challenging than most
as loosing all of April to bad weather has created more inquires in a shorter period of time.

LSO in Calgary
LSO in Calgary

Did a good job and was very impressed with the warranty

Doug and his team did a good job on landscaping our backyard. We enjoy the finished product. The work was professionally done, and it was done within budget and on time. The only issue that we had was that their team was spread quite thin that summer (2015) and so there wasn't always a project management level person available to help with design decisions. But the work was very well done.

We were also extremely pleased that after we had a problem with our fence boards buckling in some areas 3 years after installation, that Doug sent people to fix it quickly and with no charge.

Thanks for your kind response. It was a pleasure working for you and I appreciate your patience
in allowing us to complete the work during a very busy time. Have great day !
Thanks Doug

Elboya Corner Lot

Doug and his whole team were top notch throughout the project. He listened to what we wanted and translated it into a great plan within our budget. Any modifications were handled quickly, accurately, and without fee. Doug is honest, responsive and easy to work with. The landscaping project was executed mostly while we were away, and the team kept us updated as to progress. The outcome was 10/10, the team’s professionalism was 10/10, and entire project start to finish was exactly what we wanted. Our neighbors are constantly complimenting our landscaping. Thank you Doug and team, we will work with you again.

Hello,
Thanks for your kind response. It was a pleasure working for you! You have an awesome family.
Have a great day!

Front Yard Rescue

We had Natural Landscapes come rescue us from the worst yard on the block award. Our grass was completely dead so Doug removed the turf and replaced it with low maintenance, rundle rock yard complete with dry stream bed, many plants and some large feature rocks. The service was quick and the yard/street were kept tidy during the work. Pictures will be uploaded next year when plants are established.

Hi Marilee,
It was a pleasure working for you and Barrie. I look forward to seeing some photos
next year when the garden starts to fill on.
Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

debbie mckague in
debbie mckague in

Fonrt and side yard landscaping

Doug has completed 2 landscaping jobs for us and we could not be happier. He is incredibly creative in his designs and boy is he ever good on a bob cat moving 15 tons of rock around and coming up with a magical new landscape.
He is hardworking, honest and just a great guy to deal with.

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for your kind words. It is great to know you received a lot of compliments
and enjoyments from your garden. It is exiting that you are now moving to your new dream home and we get to help you all over again. I am exited to get started !
Have a great Thanksgiving!

Eleanor & Peter from Calgary
Eleanor & Peter from Calgary

So happy with our new front yard

We had a couple of trees removed for sewer work last fall, and Doug and his wonderful team (especially Jackie!), have transformed it into an easy care , very attractive feature garden with a dry river bed surrounded with large boulders and multiple plants. I will not post a picture yet as it needs time to mature, but we are very happy and feel it has added value to the property, and certainly improved our street appeal.

Thanks Eleanor,It was a pleasure to work for you. I hope you get alot of enjoyment from your new garden. Have a great day!

Project

We had Natural Landscape install a pond and complete stonework in our back yard We love it. The staff was very accommodating as we made a few changes in the middle of the process and they were able to give us what we wanted. Would recommend Doug to Anyone.

Thanks mystery private user,I'm pretty sure I know who you are. Thanks for all the delicious barbaqued meals you provided while we worked tirelessly on your garden.
You are not posting your name because I beat you during our customer appreciation golf day. I realize that losing to a higher handicapped golfer can be quit humbling. Maybe next year I should post the results online.

More about Natural Landscapes Inc.

Doug Burgoyne had his start in the landscape industry with his maintenance company. To increase his technical skills Doug attended Old's College for three years and became a Journeyman Landscaper and Established the company Natural Landscapes. Now after 25 years in the industry Doug is best known for his extreme projects and large rock installation.