Natural Landscapes Inc.

Landscape Contractors & Designers
Calgary AB T2J 1K2

Reviews for Natural Landscapes Inc.

Paradise in Strathmore
Paradise in Strathmore
1 review Strathmore, AB

Our small piece of paradise

Natural Landscapes Logo.jpg Natural Landscapes Inc.
403-236-4636
Calgary
AB
T2J 1K2

Thank you Doug and Team for our very own little paradise. Your expertise in designing our small front and backyard far exceeded our expectations as to what was possible . We so appreciated your quick response to the email sent and a design plan with in a week.What a terrific design you came up with!!! The dry riverbed in the front with the rocks, trees and plants was breathtaking. The comments from neighbours, friends and family were so positive . People driving by were slowing down to have a look. Coming from a Farm, you took in our concern for some privacy in the small backyard.

Thank you Doug and Team, for our own little piece of paradise. You exceeded our expectations as to what was possible for a small front and backyard. The phrase good things come in small packages is so true.Your response to my email was so fast. Within 5 days you came out ,had a look, & came up with a design plan.Some rain did play in my favour. We sure appreciated your expertise in design and knowledge of plants and trees. You asked for our input and then went to work. The dry river bed out front with rocks, trees and plants was awesome. Our neighbours comments were so positive and non stop.You created a backyard for us that included everything i desired with a patio, trees for privacy, plants and of course grass surrounded by a border for our special fur baby. She loves it. You completed the work in a timely fashion despite mother nature throwing rain , extreme heat and smoke your way. Thank you again, Highly recommend natural landscapes.

Hi Elizabeth,
It was an absolute pleasure working for you and we all appreciated your kindness with the cool drinks and
delicious sandwiches. You defintely have a gift of hospitality. I was sad to finish your project because I looked forward to working at your home everyday and I will miss playing with your puppy. Thanks for the kind words,I hope you get many enjoyable years from your garden.

Backyard landscaping

We had Doug draft up landscape plans for our front yard and backyard and he installed two garden beds in our backyard and made & installed 3 veggie boxes. I have never worked with a landscaper before however, any expectations I had were exceeded! Doug took my likes and dislikes and turned it into a better plan that I could have described myself. He as extremely considerate of our family's budget and needs. His staff who worked at our house were clean, polite, and went out of their way to check that we liked what they were doing. Many of the spaces were designed with my children in mind and they even asked my daughter's input on her favourite flower colours! I could not be more impressed with the process, and the final project and we've had nothing but compliments on everything. I would highly recommend Doug for any project and hope to have him back at our house at some point to finish our front yard!

Thank Youfor your Kind response,it was a pleasure working for you. How did your raised planter boxes work out?
We has a bountiful harvest of mixed squash that grew up our trellis. Everything seemed to grow better in our
raised gardens! Doug

Nancy in Toronto
Nancy in Toronto

Landscape front yard

Wanted a rugged design that would tolerate both shade and drought conditions. Doug drew a design for my approval prior to beginning the work & it was meticulously followed by his crew. They were there when they said they'd be & did a super job of cleaning up after themselves. Now my yard is the envy of the neighborhood. Beautiful!

Hi Nancy ,
It was a pleasure to work for you,we love to work with boulders and when all the plants grow in it will
look amazing. Thanks for choosing Natural Landscapes and enjoy your new garden.

Finlay in Calgary
Finlay in Calgary

Modern Front Yard Makeover

Doug’s creative skills quickly turned a mundane front yard into a modern masterpiece. Doug and his staff were friendly and professional at all times and executed the project per the plan, adding a couple of last minute improvements at no extra cost. I would highly Natural Landscapes if you’re in the market for a quality landscape contractor.

Hi Finley,
Congratulations on the new baby! Now your new garden will be easier to care for match well with the modern
feel of your home. It was great working for you.

debbie in High River
debbie in High River
1 review High River, AB

Mixed bag, disappointed with the finishing

I have used Doug twice before but on jobs that were limited in scope - collaborated on design and completed the hard scape - rock positioning and loam supply and grading. Very very happy with the results although aware that Doug is passionate but a little disorganized. The latest job was a big one - full landscaping for a new build. Overall the results are good but the areas that were very special to me, enough that I would sacrifice other things for them to meet our budget, were poorly handled. Doug starts off well and then gets pulled in many different directions on other jobs leaving inexperienced staff to handle some things that are beyond their skill sets. Really disappointed with how Doug handled some small items at the end that needed a rework. It tarnished all the good work he did. I would recommend Natural Landscapes but only with a cautionary addendum.

Since writing this review we have had more disappointments. And I would like to respond to Doug's response below. The initial problems we said we would handle ourselves because Doug told us we would have to wait until he had free time to do it which could have been weeks. More problems arose since then, erosion, more sinking of lawn, edging...we had to do a ton of remediation work. When we tried to contact Doug he refused to answer so all in all a very unprofessional manner of handling a job that went bad at the end.

Thanks for the feedback.you are 100% correct that the final details were not handled the way I would like. This was definetly a challenging project from start to finish. With the weather being horrible in April most contractors were behind right fromk the start. The concrete guys were finished a month later than we wanted to start so we had to take another project in the mean time. When you expressed your frustration with not having a finished yard I dropped everything, brought the whole crew over,working late several nights just to give you some
finished portions of your yard so you could feel like things were wrapping up. Towards the end of the project we had four thunderstorms in 4 days which made finishing the final grading in the front difficult because it wouldn't
dry out. When I said "if you could wait a week to let things dry out I will be happy to finish the final details..."your comment in frustration was' don't worry about it, we will finish the details ourselves.There are a lot of challenges in contracting including,meeting people schedules, budget constraints, weather etc.I feel like we went over and above to deliver a quality product in a timely fashion under difficult circumstances. I acknowledge your frustrations during the project ,and now that it is complete I hope you can enjoy your garden for many years to come.

Jen Bartlett in Calgary
Jen Bartlett in Calgary

Cranston Retreat

We hired Doug and his crew in 2016 to landscape our front yard. After we saw the results, we immediately hired them to do the backyard. We had some ideas of what we wanted, but Doug took those ideas to the next level!!! We were blown away, and still are, every time we step outside. We loved that they showed up when they said they were going to, and kept the time line promised. We were also very impressed at how they cleaned up every night before they left. We would highly recommend them to anyone we know. Doug and his team were amazing and we actually miss having them around and making lunches for them. Thanks Doug and team for all your hard work!!

Hi Jennifer, We had a blast working with you guys! All our staff appreciated your kindness, feeding house and
genuine hospitality. We were all sad to leave your place. I hope you get alot of enjoyment from your new yard.
Now you just have to keep George out of the pond so he doesn't track his muddy feet into the house.

No reply to inquiry

I requested a quote from Doug for a project that required fairly timely response. It was disappointing that he did not bother to reply, even after I contacted him 3 times to please provide a quote. Kayben Landscaping sent Nick to see our garden, discuss the project and provide a quote. Kayben will be getting our business and whenever I need work done in future I certainly won’t bother to contact Natural Landscapes

Hello Mystery person,
My apologies we where not able to connect, I usually try and be as diligent as possible at responding to phone calls and e-mails. This spring has been a bit more challenging than most
as loosing all of April to bad weather has created more inquires in a shorter period of time.

LSO in Calgary
LSO in Calgary

Did a good job and was very impressed with the warranty

Doug and his team did a good job on landscaping our backyard. We enjoy the finished product. The work was professionally done, and it was done within budget and on time. The only issue that we had was that their team was spread quite thin that summer (2015) and so there wasn't always a project management level person available to help with design decisions. But the work was very well done.

We were also extremely pleased that after we had a problem with our fence boards buckling in some areas 3 years after installation, that Doug sent people to fix it quickly and with no charge.

Thanks for your kind response. It was a pleasure working for you and I appreciate your patience
in allowing us to complete the work during a very busy time. Have great day !

Elboya Corner Lot

Doug and his whole team were top notch throughout the project. He listened to what we wanted and translated it into a great plan within our budget. Any modifications were handled quickly, accurately, and without fee. Doug is honest, responsive and easy to work with. The landscaping project was executed mostly while we were away, and the team kept us updated as to progress. The outcome was 10/10, the team’s professionalism was 10/10, and entire project start to finish was exactly what we wanted. Our neighbors are constantly complimenting our landscaping. Thank you Doug and team, we will work with you again.

Hello,
Thanks for your kind response. It was a pleasure working for you! You have an awesome family.
Have a great day!

Front Yard Rescue

We had Natural Landscapes come rescue us from the worst yard on the block award. Our grass was completely dead so Doug removed the turf and replaced it with low maintenance, rundle rock yard complete with dry stream bed, many plants and some large feature rocks. The service was quick and the yard/street were kept tidy during the work. Pictures will be uploaded next year when plants are established.

Hi Marilee,
It was a pleasure working for you and Barrie. I look forward to seeing some photos
next year when the garden starts to fill on.
Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

More about Natural Landscapes Inc.

Doug Burgoyne had his start in the landscape industry with his maintenance company. To increase his technical skills Doug attended Old's College for three years and became a Journeyman Landscaper and Established the company Natural Landscapes. Now after 25 years in the industry Doug is best known for his extreme projects and large rock installation.