Canadian Industrial Services

Victoria in Port Hope
Victoria in Port Hope
1 review Port Hope, ON

Install two fluorescent fixtures

On January 25, 2018, ,Canadian Industrial Services Electrical Contractors, was hired to install two fluorescent light fixtures, a 4 ft fixture in the basement (I supplied the newly purchased fixture & fluorescent bulbs) & a 3 ft fixture over the kitchen sink which had to be purchased from Gilmours Home Hardware which is located less than 5 minutes away. I already had a new 3 ft fluorescent bulb which I told the electrician to use. The original fixtures had to be removed from the ceilings.

I was appalled when I received the invoice ($241.68+$31.42 tax =$273.11)

I was charged 3 hours for labour plus recharged for the 3 ft fluorescent bulb as well as nickeled & dimed for screws, anchors, marrettes, connector.

When I complained The receptionist said that she told me upfront that I would be charged for two electricians which was never mentioned. If I had known what they would charge to install the two fixtures I would never have hired Canadian Industrial Services.

In my opinion this is not a Senior Friendly business, they overcharged, treated me rudely when I enquired as to why installing two simple fixtures required Two electricians, did not attempt to readjust the invoice & charged me for my own fluorescent bulb which they said they didn’t use but is missing.

I would not recommend Canadian Industrial Services, Electrical Contractors, for any private home electrical service.