Plumbing

Pat in Wiarton
Pat in Wiarton
1 review Wiarton, ON

Both Plumbing and Heating

I have relied on Cook's for many years now. They have installed water filters, a water softener, cleared blocked and frozen pipes and have kept my water running clean and clear for MANY years. They have also installed and maintained a gas fireplace. No matter when I call or what the issue is I can count on prompt, efficient and very professional service. I am a woman and have always felt absolutely respected.

Private User reviews Shallow Lake, ON

Full house outfitting

Outstanding service, reliable maintenance people and great attitudes from everyone. They outfitted our home with geothermal, HVAC and plumbing, came in on budget and were always courteous during the build and installation.
I have, and will continue to, recommend Cook's to everyone in the area.

Rose (Annan) (Georgetown)
Rose (Annan) (Georgetown)
3 reviews Halton Hills, ON

Well pump, plumbing

519-371-0605
1603 2nd Avenue East
Owen Sound

Terrible company to work with, especially the male employees who ignore female input/requests but respond to husbands. Problem #1- We had a pump installed in our well and the backfill used was full of clay and stone. I asked the workmen to use clean backfill for fear the line would breach. The plumber refused, telling me the line would be safe even when the backfill settled. Problem #2 - Pipes and valves installed in the house for easy access to water shut-off were located such that the pipes should have been secured to the wall. Instead the plumber extended the pipe from the ceiling directly to the installed mechanism in the middle of the room. When the owner was contacted re our concerns, a workman was sent out to simply place a piece of wood between the pipe and ceiling joist to stabilize the pipe. Despite our complaints re: poor workmanship, the problems were never rectified. A decade later we lost water - we knew the line was most likely breached. We called Cook's as they installed the system and we expected them to be able to repair the original problem based on mapped paperwork they had on file. We immediately reminded the owner that the line was most likely breached and revisited the reason why we suspected this to be the case. Following several days of pressure tests, etc, it was discovered that we were correct in our original assessment. The cause of the breach - a rock from the original backfill had pierced the line. The reason they could not immediately test positively for a breach? The original plumber who installed the system did not complete the required accurate drawing of the system installation. As a result, the new plumber did not know why our system tested positively for water pressure that did not exist. It took almost 2 weeks for Cook's to repair. They wanted us to pay, in full; It took a while but we negotiated a price that was mutually agreeable. I would not recommend this company.