Floral Design Landscaping

Floral Design Landscaping

Reviews for Floral Design Landscaping

Private User reviews St. Catharines, ON

Warranty on Emerald Cedars not honored by this Company

I saw this new manager at the Floral Design Nursery before June 2019, picked out 5 Emerald Cedars that were to be 5-6 ft and put aside, I called for several weeks to have the work done and stated by the manager noone was available to plant and finally she decided to plant these on her own in my side backyard on June . I asked her that day of what their warranty is and was stated 1 year. I watered these night and day plus putting fertilizer sticks on each and found in approx. 4 weeks only 2 took and 3 were dyeing. I called back this manager to look at these and she stated the other 2 should come back if I water thoroughly, I felt these would not yet I ensured to put a soaker hose on all 5 trees for weeks. the 3 kept getting worse and were dead trees. Then was told she would speak to the owner about this. I called 2 weeks later as no response, the owner answered and claimed he knew nothing and did not like my tone. I finally received an email from this nursery manager claiming she spoke to the owner who stated sign an invoice and pay another $300+ then I would get replacement of the trees or pay $60 each, pick up new trees myself and dig out the old ones myself. I never experienced such a run around and dishonor of the so called warranty. It is obvious for 2 trees surviving not side by side and 3 dead, most likely root shock according to a reputable Nursery in Ottawa. The last time I spoke to the owner by phone last week he then stated we do not honor warrant on sale items..

Natalie in North gower
Natalie in North gower
1 review NORTH GOWER, ON

Pool, Landscaping and Fencing

In 2007 Floral Design installed our pool, fencing and landscaping. The owner and I had agreed on the cost of $85 000(our driveway was included in this cost, he subcontracted it), two into the project I contacted Hemka to lower the cost to $70 000 because I was uneasy about spending so much money, we agreed to do less landscaping to cut cost. When we finalized the bill, Hemka wanted the intial cost of $85 000 and said he had no recollection of lower the cost. We payed $80 000 total and he swallowed the remaining $5000. Our fence gate about a month later was falling off, Hemka stated they would come in the spring and fix it, along with patio stones that he anticipated moving. That spring 80% of the stones had moved so much they were side ways and our gate and fence were very damaged. Hemka stated he would only fix them if we paid him the $5000. We parted way with nothing resolved. Two years later our soil surrounding the pool has caved in and sections of our fence have fallen off because both were improperly installed. So please be weary when dealing with Floral design, get everything in writing and any changes in writing since you can't trust his word or future repairs.