Door Express Inc

Annie O-L in Vancouver
Annie O-L in Vancouver
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

My Door Express Nightmare

In good faith I made a 50% deposit on a gorgeous custom door in November, 2016, and was given a 4-6 week lead time.
I am still waiting for the door.
Since late December the owner, Mr. Creer, has been giving me barely plausible excuses with just enough assurances to keep up hope...week after week, which is now month after month.
We need our door!
When I discovered this website had similar complaints going back over 7 years, I realized I was in a twilight zone.
If you have been a victim of Door Express, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, http://www.bbb.org/mbc.
If I do not receive tracking info for my door shipment shortly, I am organizing a class-action suit against Door Express.

Our project site is in Michigan not Vancouver.

Shockingly bad company

Door Express ( Doorex) are one of the worst company's I have worked with, in my 15 years of experience in construction . All you get from the owner (Glen) are false truths, and false promises. They were 5 months late on my order. How these guys are still in business is beyond me. Do yourself a favour and stay well clear from Door Express

Entry Door - massively late

One excuse a week for 17 weeks. Everything from vacations of key employees, to delays in glass delivery, to plain old not returning of calls.

Financial transaction is not robust and reeks of poor business practise.

Dale in
Dale in
0 reviews , BC

No doors built and no return of deposit.

Ordered doors through Eileen L. I was told to contact Dane A. for production concerns and delays. Could not get a response from him and then I was told it was because he had retired. Next I was told delay was due to waiting on window for one of the doors. Then told by Glen C. (apparently the owner) on Nov 21 that doors would be ready to ship Friday, nothing again, called 2 weeks later and he says "So whats happening with your door"? Asked for deposit back and he agrees and will be email transfer by next day... nothing again and then week later Glen says the lady who does the refunds is away for a few days but will be handled in a few days. Another week and I call again..... Glen does not return calls or emails, Eileen is conveniently away on vacation and another employee advises me that Glen is the only person who does refunds...
They could not deliver the order, they have not returned the deposit and it appears that although Glen said deposit would be returned, I doubt his intentions and at this point it would best be called theft. BBB gives them a terrible rating so I am not alone.
I would be simply satisfied with my deposit being returned... However since that has not happened as promised. Small claims or a personal visit will be next.

R Fraser in Toronto
R Fraser in Toronto
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

Pre-hung doors

We were ordering more doors as our first order was so successful.
The staff was very helpful and they went above and beyond to accommodate our delivery requirements and our expectations.
I would not hesitate to recommend them to friends

What mistake

Wow. My biggest mistake was not checking the Company out before hand. Started with the rep named Jenna W. in June 2016. Was advised 3 weeks. It is now Oct 31 and into November 2016. NOTHING! I called looking for her. She is gone and then a few weeks ago she emailed advising me she got in car accident. Uh huh. Now Dane A. took over and he gave nothing but broken promises over and over and does not reply to emails or phone calls any longer. Then I called asking for owner Glen C. He called back saying he would have Dane right on it. That was in September. Since then nothing. When I call in they say he is always busy and take massages and last time sent me to voicemail. No reply. I have made a report to BBB and called Global News. Now I am preparing a claim for Court. Happy to do my best to shut down this company down and many other different named versions of it as I started researching online. All you have to do Glen is refund my money in full as I am more then happy to come down to you and serve the papers directly in person. Do you really believe anyone posting a positive comment on your company really buys it? We all know the review are fabricated. Your call... refund me in full or be served and see you in court. I would be so happy to see the Sheriff come to your warehouse and serve you the notice to pay

Rosalind in Oliver
Rosalind in Oliver
0 reviews Bridesville, BC

Do NOT order from Door Express

I paid over $5000.00 for a front door through my building contractor in November 2015. The door took FOREVER to be fabricated and delivered in March 2016, but the interior casing was cut incorrectly. It's now August 2016, and we still don't have an interior casing. Our contractor has called repeatedly for the correct casing and they get NO answers. I WANT this settled NOW!

Morteza in North Vancouver
Morteza in North Vancouver
0 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Not reliable company

I was in rush to buy Entry door. they didn't accept credit card. payment just by e-transfer. After I paid what they wanted they charged for delivery which was included as I talked to glen asked for machinery which was nothing about that before. Their behavior was wired. I asked for return they accept easily. it is more than two months they (Glen , account and staff) are saying "by end this week", "we are short of cash" and so on. Tomorrow I am going to small cliam court to sue them. This is a lessen not to pay by e-transfer to whom you don't know.

Joe Trottier from Medicine Hat
Joe Trottier from Medicine Hat
0 reviews Medicine Hat, AB

Residential Door Order

Go somewhere else! Glen at Door Express claimed I would have doors in 6 weeks.... took 17 weeks! Plus an extra week because the doors got held up with the shipping company due to Door Express not paying their bills! Nothing but false claims regarding everything from timing to quality workmanship. I received the doors to find numerous deficiencies and the worse milling of hinges and strikes I have ever seen. Also pencil marks, scratches, and jagged edges. Their tools are in desparate need of sharpening. When I tried to contact Glen regarding the defects I received no response until I sent a message weeks later with obvious disappointment and anger at which point he claimed he passed the message on to someone else.... Blame Game. High turnover in staff (I spoke with 5 different receptionists in 5 months) is a good sign of a poorly run company. Don't waste your time here!