...this was the stand-out single worst customer service I have experienced on my 41 years on this fair planet:
* This company damaged our irreplaceable century home doorway on the way out, in front of our eyes (when I took pictures, which is the only reason they sent us a claims cheque, but for a mere $150 after originally suggesting to agree to what I thought was a modest $300 over the phone)
* we never got a firm answer on a date when our stuff would arrive - weeks after we moved cross-country, we got a call two days in advance from a different moving company we never heard of who claimed were in possession of our stuff and needed to deliver it on Christmas Eve (when we were not in town) The person swore at us and tried to lay a guilt trip on us, saying he would not be able to get home to his family for Christmas unless he could deliver our belongings
* we eventually got a different date, which was then cancelled and rebooked to two different dates, depending on who we talked to (at this point, we were dealing with at least three different companies) The movers who eventually showed up with half our stuff were very professional but seemed like they had hardly heard of McWilliams and didn't seem to have much co-ordination with them (I had to let them know we had yet to pay for the move and that this was their only chance to get an in-person COD from us)
* the other half of our belongings arrived a week later - part on the day promised (after two rebookings), and part a few days after that, unannounced with almost no time to prepare to be home
* on the way out of the property, the moving truck snagged a power line on our property, knocked out power to our drinking water well, and would have electrocuted the driver (possibly to death) had my brother-in-law not screamed at him to stay in his vehicle until he could turn the power off and move the live wire off his truck
In the end McWilliams rarely had a clue where our stuff was on any given day, who they had passed it off to, how they were dealing with us, what dates they were giving us (they often gave us dates that conflicted with ones we got before or after from the company actually moving our stuff) and almost never called back when they said they would.
I waited to write this review until we had successfully received all our belongings and paid them for fear of more mishaps