Mattress & Brass Bed Co The

Steve McPhee from Lakefield
Steve McPhee from Lakefield
1 review Peterborough, ON

futon

My wife and I were in The Mattress and Brass Bed co. store to buy a bed and expressed interest in a futon . We decided not to buy it since full assembly was required and I was unwell. Dean kept working toward a sale, and promised that he would assemble it and "bring it through the door assembled", as long as I was there to carry it in with Dean (the son in the partnership.) We struck a deal, but foolishly we did not get it in writing that the futon would be assembled. Upon delivery the futon was in boxes and Dean informed me we had not arranged for assembly. Only by my wife and I reminding him that promise of assembly was the deal clincher, and by using his own words to remind him of the clear terms of our contract did he acknowledge verbally to me twice, once over the phone and once in person, that he owed us an assembly. He would come when he dad a delivery near us, and assemble the futon. He said they do a lot of business in our area.
Some 4 months later, after weekly calls, all unreturned, I learned through the PTBO Chamber of Commerce, that the senior partner, Charlie, said Dean never promised assembly. The Better Business Bureau must be my next call if I don't hear from them today.
Further, delivery was very late and the bed kit was incomplete. I had to make the trip to town to pick up the missing pieces. did someone say customer service?