Castle Maintenance Services

Reviews for Castle Maintenance Services

Christine in Calgary
Christine in Calgary

Furnace maintenance

I had my furnace serviced with this company about. Month ago and I was very satisfied.
This morning my furnace stopped, I called the company and they came out and replaced the thermocouple at no charge.
I very very impressed as no compant does that.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

New home duct cleaning

I used Castle a bunch years ago with a renovations company I supervised for and they were good, but as sometimes happens with small businesses quality can come and go. Christian gave me a quote for the work but when his guys showed up they were missing a ladder to get onto the roof and clean the dryer duct (which should be a standard thing on the truck.) Christian told me is was no problem they would return for it. I paid for the bill on the phone before they returned just as a courtesy but when they returned and did the roof vent he charged me extra and above $80 extra for it which wasn't the end of the world except he charged me without even calling me. Just charged my card and no receipt. Found out about it on my next visa bill. This is fraud, I confronted him on it and he made excuses and said their would be no refund. There are much better duct cleaners in town then these guys!

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Window cleaning

Castle Mtce cleans the windows and outdoor light fixtures in our condo complex (I am not sure exact cost mentioned above) for the past 12 years. They have always been prompt, attentive and good. I also have them come to just do my units' windows and their furnace service handles my furnace cleaning (also good).

Hamster in Calgary
Hamster in Calgary

Dishonest

I used their service back in 2012 when I moved into my house. My realtor recommended them to me. I wanted to get a few things done including cleaning gutters. The guys showed up, told me they forgot the hose, but they will look around the house to see if they were clean. I was busy at that time, so I didn't watch what they were doing. Came to my surprise they were done "inspecting" within few minutes, I didn't think they even brought out ladders to look at any gutters and since the gutters were at the roof, there was no way in telling if they were clean or not so I couldn't prove them wrong otherwise. The guy ended up charging me just for showing up. Would not recommend. Dishonest company.

Michael Fitz from Calgary
Michael Fitz from Calgary

Furnace cleaning

Castle is very customer friendly and continues to provide a fair priced maintenance and cleaning of our furnace and hot water tank. They are always professional and leave the basement better than when they started.

Koreen G. from Calgary
Koreen G. from Calgary

Furnace Repair

I had used Castle Maintenance for 10 years to clean my ducts on home property and rental properties. I never had any issues and appreciated their comments. Had a furnace emergency in Feb and they were called in. They were under-qualified for the job, didn't have the right parts, and instead of walking away, did a hack job. There were repeated attempts to contact them with no return calls. I eventually got another service company in to find out Castle had put in wrong motor size, wrong motor type, hacked the electrical system which left the furnace running all the time, which in turn has ruined the blower. $3000 repair bill or $5000 new furnace. Over a month ago, I sent a very nice letter asking for some acknowledgement of the poor repair and to request a conversation to discuss compensation. Have not heard from them. This is step one, then BBB, then court. For $500 I got my heat on, but had my furnace destroyed. There are better companies out there.

Manchester Mary from Airdrie
Manchester Mary from Airdrie
2 reviews Airdrie, AB

Vent, furnace and B vent clean

Have used Castle Maintenance for many years, with no questions or problems. This time one of the two guys suggested we have the B vent (from the furnace out through the roof) cleaned, as it had never been done. He informed me this was an additionally $100. OK let's do it, 10 minutes later he had done it, a total time for everything of 47 minutes. I decided to look on-line what cleaning the B vent incurs, at the minimum amount of time it should take 1+ hr (done properly). Now I am going to get an expert outfit with the relevant NADCA qualifications to come take a look, btw Castle Maintenance had never heard of National Air Duct Cleaners Association ???? Needless to say I want be using these people again.

Jan from Torrington
Jan from Torrington
1 review Torrington, AB

Furnace cleaning

Was told on the phone the cost was $259 for a special that they were having. After they were done it was $339, because I had extra ducts. They didn't ask me if I wanted them all cleaned or how much per duct, they just did it! It only took a half hour, so I am uncertain if they did everything that I was told over the phone. When I called the office to discuss it they would never return my calls, very poor customer service!! I would never get them back just for that reason alone! Do not go by what you're told on the phone!

Linda in Calgary
Linda in Calgary

Furnace Repair

The guys at this company are excellent. They provide immediate service, explain the problem well and give you options when available,
Very reliable, honest and friendly. Prices reasonable. Great emergency service.

Shannon from Calgary
Shannon from Calgary

Furnace Maintenance

I have been using Castle for over a decade to service my furnace, chimney, vents and humidifier. I appreciate their professional attitude, courtesy and dependability. I am comfortable having their employees in my home and appreciate that they only perform services that are required.

Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Calgary?