All Kind Door Services Ltd

Garage Doors & Hardware
All Kind Door Services Ltd

Reviews for All Kind Door Services Ltd

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Created an account just to write this review

I called this company because the shutters in front of my business were not working and I was desperate to get them open. After fixing the shutters, they broke again after less than one week. I had to call the same guy to come fix it again. He told me he was on his way, but did not show up to my workplace after I had been waiting for him for over two hours. After trying to reach him to find out where he was, he ignored my numerous phone calls but picked up the phone when I called him from a different number. The company was very dishonest, unreliable and a waster of my time and money. I do NOT recommend this company to anyone.

cbrown
cbrown

Closet and pocket door repair

Horrible experience with this company. I had a pocket door and a normal track closet door that was in need of repair. Contractor came out and had a look and I was charged $125 for the callout fee which could later be credited towards the repair work.

A week later I received a quote for $1113 for the work. I contacted the company for an explanation of the quote and was advised that it was complicated given the age of the home and that it would be in surplus of 8 hours to complete. This explanation did not carry much merit as the repair work was on doors that were installed 8 years ago when the home was renovated.

Long story short I received a second opinion and the work was completed for 200 and in about an hours time...on first call out.

Either this company does not not what they are doing and a relatively strait forward job would have taken them their self reported 8 hours or they are looking for a cash grab. Save yourself the bs callout feel and take your business elsewhere. Very disappointed to see a business run in this manner.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Fixed broken hinge on door

I had a booked appointment. I got a phone call stating they would be delayed just a few minutes, he were in the area and he would be on his way soon. So I waited. They called me 2 hours later saying they would arrive in 2 minutes. I explained I had gone home and it would take me 20 minutes to walk there. He agreed that was OK. I returned and they fixed the door. The technician did 30 minutes work and I got charged for 90 minutes. When I called to question this, they said his GPS showed he was there for 1 hour. Hmm, maybe he ate his lunch in the truck but he wasn't working. So much for the fair price ad on the website. The workmanship seemed OK so I gave them 2 out of 10 rather than 0.

Johnson C. in Calgary
Johnson C. in Calgary

Wish a review like this was here before I made the mistake of going with All Kind Door Services

This is the second review I have ever wrote. The first was a copy that I left on Yelp to assist people with their decisions to get doors installed or repaired. I recently need some door work done and All Kind Door Services popped up in my search results which reminded me of the time I tried to get some work done from them.

This was a few years ago.

I requested that All Kind Door Services install a new door for me in September. I was told it would be 2-3 weeks. I contacted them faithfully every 2-3 weeks until late November when I really had to push them to look into why the order was taking so long. Well I don't know how their company works, but apparently their records show that an order was placed to the door manufacturer, but the manufacturer had no record of the order being placed. No discount was offered. This is an exact quote of the next response I received from them:

"Here is the price for your front door and frame."

They just wanted to me to re-order as if everything was fine!! I will comment that they did keep their promise to remove the cost of the original measurement that was performed in September as is their business practice. I decided that they could keep the money for the measurement and I would chalk it up to a learning experience.

It was a really unbelievable experience. If you have the money to waste, I highly recommend All Kinds Door Services to see what crazy high jinks occur with your order! Ask for Jim to have an especially personalized experience as noted by the well thought out quote above.

Garage Door

We contracted All kind door services to complete the garage door replacement in our townhouse complex. The work was completed in a timely manner, however they do not complete all the electrical work involved so we had to hire another electrical contractor to handle the wiring of the garage units. Customers should ensure that all services are included, otherwise cables/electrical may be hanging from your garage ceilings.

Todd
Todd
4 reviews CALGARY, AB

Garage door doesn't go up

When I went to open my garage door all I heard was a bang & the door wouldn't raise, I call all kind door repair, explained the situation & gave him the make & model of the door, he came later that day & did an upgrade to the spring mechanism of the door & service the door rollers. very professional.

Garage Door Repairs

We use All Kind Door Services for all our garage door repairs for our townhouse complex. We are a townhouse of 9 units and have 5 garage doors in total. The repairs to one garage door were completed satisfactorily and in a timely manner. They do not however provide any electrical or wiring services so be wary on requiring an electrical contractor if need to wire your garage doors. Overall, they provide acceptable service, cannot compare the price to any others though.

K Pedersen
K Pedersen
6 reviews CALGARY, AB

building and installing specialty screen door

All Kind Door custom built a screen door for our door leading to our back deck. We wanted a door that could latch from inside and outside to keep our cats inside. All Kind Door came to our home, measured carefully and listened to what we needed. We are very pleased with the door!

Wendy Service in Calgary
Wendy Service in Calgary
2 reviews CALGARY, AB

Replacement of a garage keypad

The keypad for my old garage door was wired in. The keypad stopped functioning. They were able to install a new wireless keypad that would work with my old opener making access easy.