Baywest Homes Ltd

Reviews for Baywest Homes Ltd

midobrandt in Calgary
midobrandt in Calgary

New home built in Oakridge

We have been in our new house built by Baywest for nearly a year. We couldn’t be happier with our house. Its truly our dream home - a high quality family home, located in Oakridge, the older neighborhood we love.

Everyone at Baywest was fantastic. Glenn was honest, knowledgeable and straightforward. We never felt pressured to upgrade and always received honest answers. Jordan was a great site manager. He was highly responsive and ensured that everything was timely, as well as completed to the highest standard. The communication from both was excellent. We were kept well informed throughout.

We have had many people go out of their way to tell us our home is beautiful and it’s style fits perfectly into the neighborhood.

We have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Baywest!

chris in Calgary
chris in Calgary

New home

Our experience with Baywest started out positive and stayed that way the whole way through. The quality of work and products we received was great as well as the services. Questions were answered promptly and patiently! The trades were professional and experienced when we met with them and we loved having the support of a decorator! End product is fantastic, we love our new home!

Hi Chris

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your journey. We appreciate hearing about homeowner experiences. Enjoy your home

James C in Calgary
James C in Calgary

Quality home and great after-sales care

We’re writing this review after almost four years of living in our Baywest-built home. Our entire experience with Baywest has generally been positive. When we were first designing our house, we loved working with our area manager Jodi. We appreciated his advice and guidance, as well as his ‘no pressure’ attitude. He was very patient and always willing to take the time to help us design the home that we wanted. For the interior selections, the fact that Baywest does NOT use a Design Center, but rather lets you visit each trade directly, allows for huge customization possibilities and flexibility. The actual house-build itself went relatively smoothly; we found a few issues along the way, but Baywest and the trades were always willing to correct them. We’re very pleased with the quality of the build and know that we have a very well-built home.

Some small issues did appear recently, however, and despite our house being well outside its one-year warranty, we decided to contact Baywest for guidance. Wayne, the warranty manager, got back promptly and offered to come by and advise on the issues. After expert diagnosis, he involved Canyon Plumbing and Ply Gem Windows who handled the repairs as warranty work.

I would like to send a big thank you to Baywest and their trades for their ongoing care of past clients! We would certainly consider using Baywest as a home builder again in the future.

Hi James. Thank you so much for your kind words. Ensuring that we deliver on our commitments is just one of our core purposes and to hear that every one of our team members were there for you is wonderful to hear. I guess its because we love what we do. :)

Bill from Calgary
Bill from Calgary

1M house

so bad quality. they always promise but never implement it. house quality is so poor. missing a lot of things. schedule is mess too.

there is no good quality management in this company.

Hello Bill,
Please accept our apologies for the belated reply to your review.
We always appreciate hearing from our clients as it helps us to identify areas in which we can improve our service and when we get things right. I've spoken with our team in your area and understand that your concerns, which came up shortly after you moved in this fall, were looked into and resolved to your satisfaction by our Warranty Manager and his team around the time you left us this review.
I certainly hope that you are enjoying your first winter in your new home and that things are to your satisfaction. If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact us directly with the contact information provided to you.
Thank you again for choosing Baywest and for giving us the chance to address your concerns!
Meghan D - Baywest Homes

Lisa DeVido in Calgary
Lisa DeVido in Calgary
6 reviews CALGARY, AB

New Home

For a few years now my boyfriend and I have been looking at houses to buy but none of them really jumped out at us, when my mom told me about these show homes in Nolan hill I had to go check them out as they were so close to where we were currently living. My mom and I walked through a few of the show homes and when we got to the Market street Mercato I feel in love, I had to bring my boyfriend back the next day. We both decided this was the house we wanted to live in and as a bonus we scored the last Baywest south facing backyard!! Sandi was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process, no questions went unanswered and she helped us whenever she could, she was always very friendly and patient! We made weekly visits to our new house and Sandi was very good at sending me pictures when she caught something exciting going on! Clint was great to work with; he was very understanding and patient to us first time builders. Christa was very helpful with bringing all the colors we liked together and helping us select the best fit for us!! I would recommend Baywest to anyone; the house is amazing there isn’t anything we don’t love about our new home!! Very good quality and craftsmanship.

9 reviews CALGARY, AB

New Home

Best builder we have dealt with. On time easy to work with Quality work.
We very much like their designs and finishing. We got lots of details before and after we built with them.

9 reviews CALGARY, AB

Built House

Great to work with Only had a problem with the plumber co.. Sales people were exceptionsl and the work is very good. Missed putting outsid electrical outlet in the eaves. Finisher was from 6614370 Canada Ltd and he was fast and good. cleaned up messes great.

L Tran in Calgary
L Tran in Calgary
4 reviews CALGARY, AB

Happy Customer

I purchased home with Baywest and I'm happy with my house. House was insulated good to compare with period home with other builder I had built. I will built with Bay West in the future.

Jeff in Auburn Bay
Jeff in Auburn Bay

Construction of a new house

Bought a new home in 2008 from Baywest and everything was great up until they laid off the majority of their warranty staff members including Jerry who was great. Since this has happened it takes multiple emails to the warranty department to try and get them to fix amy problems. It has now been 2.5 years and Baywest still has not fixed all of the issues identified on the initial walk through.

Duane in Calgary
Duane in Calgary

Built new house

They did a good job of building the house but there were lots of issues that cropped up afterwards including cracked plaster, basement steps weren't level, overspray on the maple railings, and front stairs sank. They were hard to deal with on the issues so I ended up hiring someone else to fix them after the 1 year was up.

More about Baywest Homes Ltd

Much more than a tagline, our promise of Crafted for Life. Designed Around You has been Baywest's customer-focused mission since 1985. The Baywest mantra, our fundamental purpose and reason we exist is clearly defined. Together we craft exceptional homes that serve the unique needs of our homeowners. We do this ...
Looking for Builders pros in Calgary?