Glenwood Tree Service Inc

pwfedderson
pwfedderson

Tree Removal 40 foot Blue Spruce

Glenwood Tree Services Customer Recommendation
On December 23, 2018 Glenwood tree Services cut down and remover a 40 year old, 12 meter high Blue Spruce from my front yard which was leaning onto my neighbours’ property.
I can’t say enough good things about the staff and services provided. The Team arrived promptly at 8:30 am and brought the best of equipment to our home. This included a Boom Truck crane, a Basket Host Truck, a Chipper machine and a heavy duty Stump Grinder.
In a matter of moments the team went to work under Luke’s oversight. All staff were well trained, worked independently, enjoyed their responsibilities and observed the highest safety work standards.
The Crane Boom was positioned to reach the top of the tree and then Luke attached a cable around the top of the tree from the Basket Host. He quickly cut of a 3 meter section which was then meticulously hosted across the front of my house and dropped onto the street by the Chipper machine. It was quickly mulched. Mean while the Crane and Basket team removed another 3 meter section from the team in a matter of minutes. This procedure was promptly repeated 3 more times and the tree was gone.
The Tree Stump was then readily ground well down into the ground and the other members of the team raked the lawn and swept the street of and debris. All of this work was completed in less than 2 hours.
It was very obvious the team was very well trained, enjoyed working together and Luke the lead was most professional. Glenwood is most fortunate to have such capable employees.
Earlier in the year, a number of tree services worked on our street. I watched how they each performed and received quotes from 3 of them. Greenwood was an easy decision, as the quote was completive and the quality of their equipment and staff was far superior.
In my professional life, I was an Executive VP of a $1.5 billion Healthcare company and I would rate Glenwood Services among the very best that I engaged in my professional capacity.

Hello Mr. Fedderson,

Many thanks for your very complimentary review. You've touched on the important service standards we value at Glenwood - highly skilled crew & team camaraderie, safety and equipment to do the job efficiently and effectively. We are so very proud of our crews and Luke's leadership is second to none! We're gratified to know that you were pleased with our service and look forward to working for you again.

Gianluca
Gianluca

Large tree Removal infront of my home

The folks at Glenwood tree Services were fantastic. I had a large spruce tree, taller than my home, direct infront my front door. We were always worried about potential branches falling during a storm or complications associated with the removal of the tree. I had never had a tree removed before and I didn't know what to expect. I did contact several companies for quotes and more information on how the tree would be removed. But only the folks at Glenwood took the time to explain the process to me, including the removal of the stump. They provided me with a written quote within the same week that I called, their price was very competitive and they took care of all the markings of the Gas and utility lines. I was not required to be at home for the quote or the actual removal. They made things very easy, left the site very clean after the removal and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a tree removal company.

Hi Gianluca,

Thank you so much for your review of your Glenwood experience. We're always happy to answer customers' questions as it helps them to know what to expect. Providing great service at a fair cost is our goal and we're very glad that you were completely satisfied with Glenwood's service and pricing.

Ed in Toronto
Ed in Toronto

tree removal

We just had two large Chinese elms removed. Glenwood did an excellent job from beginning to end. They provided an arborist report (required in toronto). They obtained the permit. Assisted with filling it out and processing.
My yard was spotless after the tree removal! Normally there is constant debris from this tree falling down, neighbours leaves. Everything was immaculate. No other bushes or trees were damaged. they did a great job. I would definitely recommend them.

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your recommendation! Thank you, too, for noting that we took care of the permit paperwork for you. We always do that for our customers at no additional cost when they book tree removal work with us. We're glad that you were happy with the work and the cleanup.

Mittal
Mittal

Tree pruning service

I wouldn’t hesistate to recommend Glenwood. Their office was very accommodating and communicative in terms of timing, and rescheduling due to coordinating with my neighbour and changes in weather. Their work was exceptional, they were professional and tidy, considerate and skilled. Truly appreciate the excellent service. K

Thank you for sharing the details of your Glenwood experience. Providing excellent customer service from your first call to completion of the work is the standard we aim to achieve each and every day. We are very gratified that your satisfaction with our service in your first booking led you to awarding additional work to us. Thank you for your business!

Rose in Mississauga
Rose in Mississauga

Pruning trees around house

Very professional and easy to communicate with. They were very accommodating to my needs (did not want to cut too much of the trees or remove any trees). Pruning was done within an hour and everything was cleaned up nicely. Very satisfied. Would recommend.

Hello Rose,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as a first-time Glenwood customer. We're pleased that you are happy with the work that was completed and look forward to taking care of your trees in the future.

Pam and Gerry in Mississauga
Pam and Gerry in Mississauga

Expert tree removal

We had 2 extremely tall fir trees removed from our yard in Mississauga Glenwood staff were exceptional They gave us a very competitive quote and let us decide which local company we wanted to go with with no pressure tactics to sign up the same day They showed up on time and did a wonderful job There was no damage to our yard - these trees were about twice as high as our 2 storey house and they were removed safely and quickly They did a superb clean up job and were very skilled at their work Chris and Nicki were a pleasure to meet and work with and we were very glad we decided to work with a local family business They really care about their work and customers We will need more tree work and trimming in the future and will definitely be contacting Glenwood It is so wonderful to do business with a company like this - they are really professional and focused on customer service. Great company in every way.

Hi Pam and Gerry,

Thank you very much for your enthusiastic endorsement of Glenwood! When my father founded the company over 20 years ago, providing excellent service was his primary goal. It remains our primary goal today. We want our customers to have a positive experience throughout - from the first contact with our office staff to the crew doing the tree work. 75% of our business comes from our repeat customers and their referrals. We are happy to know that we'll have the opportunity to work for you again.

Darrin
Darrin

They took some branches off a tree that overhung our deck and dropped walnuts on our heads.

They had to go in through my neighbours yard. When they were done, the left the yard looking like they had never been there. It was great.

Hello Darrin,

Having worked for you in 2015, we appreciate you inviting Glenwood back to take care of trimming the part of your neighbour's black walnut tree that overhangs your property. Black walnut trees are beautiful but the falling walnuts can sometimes be a nuisance. We look forward to working for you again in the future.

The Healy Family, Mississauga
The Healy Family, Mississauga

Fallen Tree Removal

A recent windstorm knocked down a Norway Maple in our backyard. The tree split and it fell onto another large tree in one of the yards behind us. There were branches in two neighbours' yards, one landing in their pool. I called Glenwood as we needed it removed before causing damage to the neighbour's tree, plus a big branch landed in our other neighbour's pool. Chris arrived the next day to assess the situation, and his boss Steve also came by to have a look. It was going to be a tricky removal requiring careful planning and rigging to avoid any damage to nearby fences or sheds. A couple of days later, the Glenwood team arrived - Erik, Ryan and Cody. They did a fantastic job - taking their time to ensure no damage was done while removing the tree and the branch from the neighbour's pool. When they were done, they cleaned up our yard, plus the 2 neighbours' yards, leaving not even a twig! Erik, Ryan and Cody were extremely polite and professional - a real pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend Glenwood..

Thank you for your review and description of your situation. The high winds this year have really been a challenge for so many homeowners! Despite our roster being fully booked weeks into the future, we're glad that we were able to be of assistance with what was clearly a priority situation. We are very proud of our crew members who take good care of our customers, their trees and their properties. Thanks, too, to your son for giving you the referral to Glenwood.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Best Tree Service Around

Excellent work, Excellent service, job well done. I highly recommend Glenwood Tree Service Inc. The crew was polite and very friendly. I will definitely be calling them again for future tree services.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for sharing your first-time experience of Glenwood. Our goal as a team is to provide great service to our customers so that we can earn their repeat business. We're pleased to know that we hit the mark for you in work, service and professionalism.

Fallen Tree and stump removal

We have used Glenwood once in the past and had a good experience so when our tree came down in a storm we called them for help. The original quote was quite high, so I called a competitor and received a lower quote. As I had used Glenwood previously I gave them a chance to match the other offer, which they would not do, but gave us a discount on their original quote. I decided to accept the discount as my previous experience was positive. We were told they would remove the tree and come back to grind the stump. The tree removal was fantastic, did a great job of cleaning up. But after they said the stump was removed there was still a large piece of the stump remaining. I called back and they informed me the stump was too close to our fence to grind up, however, this was never mentioned during the quotation period when we were told it would all be removed. They did not offer any other solution such as digging it out, etc. I was then contacted several times to pay my invoice, which I had never actually received. So in the end they wanted payment for a job they did not complete to my satisfaction and that I never formally received an invoice for. After such a positive experience the first time I am very disappointed in their service and communication this time around. I will not use this company again and do not recommend them to anyone.

Thank you for your review and your positive comments about the removal of your fallen willow tree and our clean up. Chris revisited your site to inspect the small part of stump that remained which you had raised as a concern. He advised you that we were unable to grind any further due to the proximity of your chain link fence. The power and speed of the stump grinding machine limit how close we can get to objects in proximity to a stump. If the chain link was snagged by the stump grinder, significant damage to the fence would have occurred. The quotation form we provided states: “The property owner is responsible for removing solid objects from around the stump” and “objects that cannot be removed may result in some stump being left.” We would be happy to return and grind further if you are able to remove that section of the fence.
We sincerely apologize for the clerical error in invoicing.

More about Glenwood Tree Service Inc

Glenwood Tree Service Inc has great customer service. Skilled experienced professionals. Friendly approachable crew. Performance you can trust.

We want to take good care of you and your trees. When our work is done, we want you to be happy.

That has been the primary goal of Steve Lukac, Glenwood’s owner, since he ventured into tree care over 25 years ago.

In the early years, as a proprietor, Steve was sales manager, crew leader, climber and administrator. He incorporated Glenwood Tree Service Inc. in May 2001.

From humble beginnings with just one truck and chipper, Glenwood can now serve you with a fleet of trucks which include 3 bucket trucks, a crane truck, 2 log trucks, 3 chipper trucks as well as 6 chippers and 2 stumpers.

Steve’s aim to build a company that would be recognized as reputable, credible and professional has been realized.

75% of our jobs come from existing customers and their referrals.

We’d love to have you as our satisfied customer too.