HomeStars  >  Tree Service in Mississauga  >  Glenwood Tree Service Inc
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Glenwood Tree Service Inc

Irina from Oakville

I have used this company at least twice in the past, and was very happy with service they have provided and the price. Unfortunately, the time has come when not only i will not recommend this company ever again, but this was the last time i used their services myself.
As usual, when i needed to clean up my trees , i called Glenwood. The arborist, Chris, quoted my tenants the price, 750$, i got a phone call as well, talk to Chris myself and he told me that in his opinion, removal of the large branch will not be esthetical, and i told him that i would like that branch removed regardless and he can proceed for 750 dollars.
However, when the work was done, that large branch was still there, and i still got an invoice for 750 and hst.
I did try to talk to Steve, Lorna(who got me to talk to Chris,who was not very happy to be talking to me etc).
And, after they had to wait for their payment for 12 days (12 days!!!) - i got an email that i only have till friday (2 more days) and then they will put a lien on my house!! It is very tempting to let them do it and spend few hundred bucks to do it, but it is not what do. Needless to say, that was the last drop - never again will i use , nor recommend to anybody that company.

Hi Irina,

Our certified arborist provided a comprehensive written estimate for trimming a maple tree that did not include removal of the large stem you refer to. We did all of the work that was quoted. We also accommodated your request for priority scheduling. Our crew was at your property 4 days after the estimate date when we typically have a 3 week wait in July.

Steve Lukac, Glenwood’s owner, spoke with you on July 20 to discuss your concerns. At the end of the call you seemed satisfied with his explanation because you agreed to pay.

Our concern over the unpaid bill almost 2 weeks later stemmed from the fact that you reside in the U.S. and that your property, where we worked, has been listed for sale. In over 20 years of business, Glenwood has registered a lien just once. We advised you of the possibility of a lien to encourage you to settle your bill.

We stand behind our work. We did all of the tasks detailed in your estimate at a fair price.

We received your payment August 3 and we thank you for that.

Very h.

Very hardworking, polite, conscientious. Cleaned everything up, very neat and tidy. Was a very large Black Walnut and was becoming safety hazard. Now no concerns at all.

Job Price

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to know that you were pleased with our crew and the work that was done. As you were referred to us by another Glenwood customer, we’re proud that our consistently reliable and quality service has made you a satisfied customer too!

Cathy T.

We found the crew both at the office and on site really pleasant to deal with. There was a wind storm shortly after the trees were trimmed and what a relief that they had been done. WE now feel safer in our house. We were not on site when work was done but neighbours said they were neat, tidy and polite. We found the price to be reasonable too, for removal of two trees, pruning of existing and stump grinding.
Thx Nikki, Lorna and crew for doing a great job.

Hi Cathy,
Thank you so much for your review of our service. We pride ourselves on doing quality work at a reasonable price and are glad to know that that was your experience. We look forward to working for you again in the future!

randn.gris
1 review Burlington, ON

Arrived on time. Friendly conscientious staff. Trimmed a large river birch beautifully and cleaned up everything perfectly. Quoted for removal of a small cedar tree while they were here and removed it promptly. Great service and fair pricing. Have already recommended them to other neighbors. Thanks for great job

Job Price

Thank you so much for your kind words and for the referral! It is gratifying to hear that our trimming turned out "beautifully" - that is down to the skill of our amazing crews!

Paul M.

This is our second project that we have contracted them for and I could not have been more pleased. The staff, work ethic, attention to detail are some of the things that separate this company from others.

Your expectations will be exceeded with this company. I look forward to calling them again - likely very shortly as well.

Hi Paul,
Thank you for trusting us to take care of your tree work again! Every one of the Glenwood team works hard each day to provide the level of service you experienced.

Jason
1 review Burlington, ON

Glenwood's staff both in the office and on site were stellar. Super knowledgable, friendly, and great to deal with. The crew on site to prune my old silver maple did a wonderful job, and were careful and respectful of property and surroundings. They also did a great job cleaning up, and explaining what they had done. Will definitely recommend to others. Thanks again, Glenwood!

Job Price

You're welcome, Jason! The experience you've detailed is what we aim to achieve every time - exemplary customer service from the first call to the final clean up.

Shawn in Toronto

Contacted Glenwood for tree pruning as they had previously done work for me. Chris can out to quote and offered suggestions over and above my request. I live in a semi-detach and my neighbor was looking for work to be done as well. Chris combined the work to one bill. All work was completed on time, all debris was removed and the yards were spotless. Very highly recommend Chris and the team at Glenwood.

Hi Shawn,
Thank you so much for thinking of us again for your work & for the referral to your neighbour. We are glad to have exceeded your expectations with providing prompt service, quality work and a thorough clean up.

ragogna2

Office staff very good. Informed me of changes to schedule and times.
Crew. Amazing ! They arrived on time, friendly, very professional in execution. No damage to surrounding fence or structures. Took away all debris and cleaned up after the job was to finished
Overall - respectful of property, very professional at all levels. Reasonably priced.
Highly recommended. I will use them again.
Again thank you boys..
Good job!

Job Price

Thank you so much for your review. We think our crews are amazing too and we are so proud of them. They work hard every day in all kinds of weather to take good care of our customers. Thank you for recognizing that!

vijsub

We had a dead Austrian pine tree that we needed to bring down.We contacted a few companies and found Glenwood to be very responsive, professional and very competitive. Chris was great to talk to for information and was again extremely helpful and responsive. Glenwood came as scheduled and did the job exactly as we had agreed on. Great job- very professional - Thanks !

Job Price

Thank you very much for your endorsement of our service. We’re happy that you were pleased with our responsiveness and professionalism. We’re dedicated to delivering that to our customers every day.

David

An estimator was promptly sent to my place when I made a request for tree trimming. A written quote, with work description, was provided on the spot. I agreed with the price and the office promptly set up a work date with me. Crew of 4 arrived at the specified time with appropriate labour and equipment and a designated, qualified supervisor. Since this was a trim job, it wasn't clearly defined like removing a specific tree. I was home and they consulted me throughout the job to ensure my satisfaction. They took care to prevent collateral damage to garden growth below. Clean up was continuous and site left clean. This was the 4rd job that Glenwood has done for me and I would definitely recommend them. They communicate efficiently by email and phone and I paid by calling with a credit card number. Easy!

Hi David,
Thank you for coming back to Glenwood again & again and sharing your latest experience with us on HomeStars. We are pleased to know that we succeeded in making this process easy for you and that you're happy with the end result.

More about Glenwood Tree Service Inc

Glenwood Tree Service Inc has great customer service. Skilled experienced professionals. Friendly approachable crew. Performance you can trust.

We want to take good care of you and your trees. When our work is done, we want you to be happy.

That has been the primary goal of Steve Lukac, Glenwood’s owner, since he ventured into tree care over 25 years ago.

In the early years, as a proprietor, Steve was sales manager, crew leader, climber and administrator. He incorporated Glenwood Tree Service Inc. in May 2001.
From humble beginnings with just one truck and chipper, Glenwood can now serve you with a fleet of trucks which include 3 bucket trucks, a crane truck, 2 log trucks, 3 chipper trucks as well as 6 chippers and 2 stumpers.

Steve’s aim to build a company that would be recognized as reputable, credible and professional has been realized.

75% of our jobs come from existing customers and their referrals.

We’d love to have you as our satisfied customer too.