Dolphin Pools & Spas Inc

Christine in Bradford, Ontario Canada L3Z 2C2
Christine in Bradford, Ontario Canada L3Z 2C2
2 reviews Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

customer service

I installed an above ground pool + salt water system + heater from Dolphin Pools in summer of 2015. In the first summer some of the caps at the top of the uprights broke and I requested replacements. I was told he would look into it. Two years later - I still did not receive the caps.

Pool closing fall of 2016 was terrible. Water drained far too low and the wire holding down the tarp went around the skimmer apparatus instead of above it, and by the end of winter had almost pulled off completely.

When opening for spring 2017 a piece was missing from the stairs. I as accused of misplacing it when in fact no-one but Dolphin Pools touched anything for opening and closing. After 2 weeks I went in to find if the part was ordered and if I could get the caps for the pool from 2 years past - and I was screamed out to "GET OUT OF MY STORE!!!!". Was supposed to buy chemicals and was told to "GO GET THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!".

When I got home I contacted the manufacturer of the stairs and was able to have the part delivered to my home in 48 hours.

As a single mother who was alone in the store and no other customers there at the time - I am certain Dennis would not have spoken (yelled) at me had anyone else been around. He is a bully and his temper is completely unpredictable. I was actually terrified of him. He had no problems with me as long as I was there to spend money.

AGS in Toronto
AGS in Toronto

consistent excellence

We have had a pool 25+ years. We have shopped at dolphin pools for about 10 years. They consistently give us friendly professional advice. Their prices are competitive. We trust them. It's nice it is a family run business and they have lots of stock.

Ken & Marlene in Newmarket
Ken & Marlene in Newmarket

Delivery and Set Up

Good morning All,
We are thrilled to receive delivery of our new Napoleon BBQ .
The young gentlemen came yesterday and set in place the BBQ and explained it's many features and connections and controls, and put on its new cover.
They also delivered the many extra items which are a complete and wonderful surprise!
Thank you for your generosity and kindness.
Thank you again for all you have done.
Regards,
Ken and Marlene
Ridgeway, On

Erin from King City
Erin from King City
2 reviews Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Pool opening/closing

We bought a house with a saltwater pool and were unsure how to open/close it properly so we found Dolphin and took them up on their combo open/close offer. We mentioned we didn't know how to maintain a pool (chemicals, salt levels, how to open). We said specifically we wanted to learn from them how to do it. It took a few phone calls to get them out on a day we were actually home. Once they did arrive (no eta was given, walked straight into the backyard with no notification of arrival), they couldn't even put the ladder in position. We had to do it ourselves. It wasn't until after that we found out they didn't even add salt or balance the chemicals. The "lesson" we got about pool chemicals was a joke. I had to research it all myself after the fact.

Half way through the summer we were having issues with our filter, they sent a technician out (who was at least the third employee to our pool). It wasn't until now that we were told "ya, your filter is designed for a small above ground pool...you need one double the size" now why could the other technicians not tell us that at the beginning of the season and save us the maintenance visit and pool issues ?

On closing the pool, we called to arrange an appointment a week in advance and were told to call the Saturday before to determine the eta of the crew. When Saturday came, they couldn't tell us an eta. So we asked them to call us before they arrived on the Monday so we could ensure we were around. My husband called at 1:30pm and was told "sorry...we must have made a mistake. You're not in our system. We will try our best to show up by the end of the day" so finally, around 4:00, they arrived. Again, no notice, just walked into the backyard. They didn't bring their own garden hose either. My husband saw them outside, went to introduce himself, one said hi, the other one walked right past and ignored him. Very "professional". After watching the steps taken to shut down the pump/filter, we went inside. 45 mins after their arrival, we looked outside and they were gone. None of the equipment (ladders/solar blanket) were put away, 4 water weights were left unused laying on the deck, and the filter plug was left sitting outside on the floor of the filter house. Maybe they could have put that stuff away instead of sitting on their a$$es when we saw them outside.

After all this was over. We regret to have ever enlisted the help from this company. We could have done this all ourselves and saved ourselves $800

Judy
Judy
4 reviews Newmarket, ON

Service

This pool company always comes through when there is a problem. I needed some parts they came and installed without any problem. Their workers are very courtious, prompt in their work ethic and attention to details. Thank you Dolphin Pools

Molly in Newmarket
Molly in Newmarket
12 reviews Newmarket, ON

New Pool heater and Pool opening service

We decided to open our pool for the Victoria Long weekend this year and noticed that our heater was not working. We are not committed to any pool service company so, I needed to do some research and try to find a company that can provide us great service at a reasonable price.
I decided to contact Dolphin Pools Newmarket so, since they are nearby our home I went to their store. The staff were fabulous and took great care of me.
I have been to the store last year to pick up necessities for our pool maintenance but, this year they expanded and now have a great variety of outdoor products. Great stuff for outdoor entertaining too!
After doing a little comparison of pool services, we decided to hire Dolphin Pools. They arrived on time on the thursday before the long weekend in the morning, just as promised and did a great job cleaning the pool and getting it ready. Later on in the afternoon, the pool heater and the service contractor arrived on time. We discovered our pump was dead so, we had to get that taken care and without an issue or time delay, Dolphin came thru. The guys that opened our pool did come back the next day as promised to vacuum any remaining dirt at the bottom of the pool.
Excellent Job!!

KI in Newmarket
KI in Newmarket
3 reviews NEWMARKET, ON

Pool maintenance/repair

We just moved to a new home with an existing pool and I didn't have the faintest idea on how to operate it. Dennis came over on a couple occasions and got my pool running and patiently explained how to take care of it.

The entire staff at Dolphin pools is fantastic and I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for a company to service/maintain their pool!

Pam in Newmarket
Pam in Newmarket

New liner and equipment

The staff at Dolphin are awesome - they always help answer whatever question I have about my pool. Had a new liner and equipment installed this spring and the service was performed as promised and extremely quick. I would highly recommend this company.

Co Ba in Newmarket
Co Ba in Newmarket
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Pool maintenanse services

I definitely agree with one of the reviews above: the worst company I've ever dealt with, not only for pools but at all. They never return calls, messages, they just take your money and then escape from you, hide, and ignore you. They are chaeters and leirs. They took my money and did nothing. It took me about a month to reach them and ask where is the technician they promised me, and where is the services they promised me and took my money for, then a technician eventually came, did pretty much nothing, and disappeared. And it took me about anotoher 2 month of every day attempts to reach them and ask for money return. They promised to send the money to me, but it's been 2 months now since then, no money, and I still can't reach them. Yes, I agree with the guy above, just stay away from that company, they are chaeters and leirs !