HomeStars  >  Roofing in Toronto  >  J Stewart Roofing Ltd

Reviews for J Stewart Roofing Ltd

Paul Manley in Brantford
Paul Manley in Brantford

Superb Job and Service

It has been five years since we had our new roof installed by J Stewart Roofing. Recently we had a minor issue unrelated to the work John's company did but John came promptly to look at it and fixed the problem. When the original job was done the initial contact, work and clean-up were all excellent. Now I can add service to that list. It's good to know that whenever I look at our roof the only thought I have is that we made the right decision to go with J Stewart.

Thank you very much for this great review Paul!
I'm always available to help with your roofing needs.

Ben Barankin from North York
Ben Barankin from North York

Great job, professional, fair price

I recently had my roof repaired by J. Stewart Roofing which came recommended by a friend. My initial quoting was professional, prompt, and nice photos provided of where the problems were. I had several emails with questions which were promptly and properly answered. They started work promptly when the weather got nice, and finished it in a timely manner so that it wasn't so disruptive to our home/driveway. Workers were professional, worked hard, and cleaned up their mess. Overall great job and no complaints. Having compared prices with several companies, I found J. Stewart the most reasonable & affordable.

Thanks for this great review Ben!

Roof and shingle replacement

Highly recommend John and his crew. Very knowledgeable about options and products available. Provided honest advice without overselling services. Polite and professional. Left the area tidy and free of any debris. Would hire him again.

Thank you for this great review.
I was happy to help you out with all your roofing needs.

Pat in London
Pat in London
1 review London, ON

Flat Roof replacement

John Stewart and company delivered exceptional services in replacing our flat roof on our home. We thought that John had a very, warm, friendly demeanour from the initial project quote phase right through to completion. He was always available to answer our questions and was also very professional and edficient during the entire process. Would definitely recommend him to friends and family.

Thank you for this great review and your kind words Pat!
Your new roof looks great!
Thanks

SMB in Toronto
SMB in Toronto

Flat and shingle roofing project on 3-storey semi

J Stewart Roofing completed an excellent and complex job on my home this month. The quoting step was much appreciated, as John fully explained their process, and included photographs from the areas of the roof not possible to see unless someone is directly standing in the area. He worked with my neighbour and I to recommend an approach that would look seamless and ensure the best possible result across the two roofs- from the flat roof at the back and all the shingled areas. There were different issues on both properties, and he was able to propose realistic solutions. During the job, we had an unexpected extra issue, when it was discovered during the flat roof removal that the eaves on the side of my house had rotted through, and required a re-build and adjustments not anticipated at the beginning. John and his team worked hard to find a solution, and did excellent work to finish a more complex job, and ensure all areas were protected as bad weather came in before the full job had finished. They then finished the job very professionally, and left a clean and safe worksite, both at the end as well as at the end of each day. I'm very pleased I used their services, am relieved that the extra eave project has now been addressed and is safely repaired, and would recommend this company highly.

Thank you for this great review!
The installation of these 2 semi-detached roofs was a big job. We expect that in the Riverdale area. Right from multiple layers to remove to wood replacement, difficult access and steep slopes. I'm very happy with the outcome. Your new roof looks great!
Thanks
John

Flat roof installation and shingle installation

John Stewart is a pleasure to work with. He is very thorough and always takes lots of pictures before and after the job is complete. He and his team are very prompt to reply to all inquiries and they actually do the job on schedule. His price is reasonable and well worth every penny.

Thanks for this great review!
I know it took a little time to decide on which shingle to use. In the end I think you made the right choice and the roof looks great!

L.M. in Toronto
L.M. in Toronto

Shingle Roofing

J Stewart Roofing is an excellent and professional company. Photos sent pre, during and post the work were an added bonus. Completed work and cleanup was excellent. Crew were friendly and courteous. It is great to be called by your first name. I would highly recommend them.

Thanks for this great review L.M.
I think your new roof looks great and it was a good idea to include the front bay window.

Roof repair

This is the 3'rd Time I have used this company all for different jobs. Every time the service has been excellent, the staff professional and the price very competitive with others. I highly recommend them.

Thanks for the great review.
Happy to take care of your roofing needs.

Thank you, we're happily 'Well-Roofed'. -SP Aug 2017

Professional, courteous, efficient & on-time, tidy & long-lasting roofing services.
This year our home insurance policy required the date of our roof & so we called J Stewart & sure enough John himself answered the phone & provided the date in just a few minutes. To our surprise it was almost 8 (eight) years ago! And John assured us we likely won't need to call again for a number of years...music to our ears.
Thank you to John & your Team and wishing you continued success in your business. Cheers SP
Cheers SP

It was good to hear from you again!
Please call me if you need me.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Flat Roof replaced, some repairs and a new eavestrough and downspout

John came out and performed a thorough review including photos of the work needed to done. He and his team did an excellent job in the repairs and the cleanup after. I would highly recommend them.

Thanks for this great review!
Good to hear you are happy with our work!

More about J Stewart Roofing Ltd

John Stewart, owner of J. STEWART ROOFING Ltd, has been installing roofs for the Toronto area homes and small businesses for over twenty five years. John is an experienced roofer having started roofing at a very young age he learned the basics of roofing and gradually became proficient in both shingling and then flat roofing. These two very different types of roofs require a different knowledge base and a real understanding of this can only be gained through actual hands-on work, so that one can see exactly how the materials work together and why.

Flat roofs are particularly tricky to do and have become a specialty for J. Stewart Roofing Ltd. (For further details check out the newspaper article from the Toronto Star on this website. It is vital to gain real knowledge of the materials & techniques to not get stuck in just one way of doing things and stop there. Larry and John know how important it is to always keep up with the new roofing materials being invented and how they actually work in the field. In this way they have gained a greater library of knowledge on which to draw from, enabling them to know what combination of materials best for each unique customer’s job are presented to them.

We specialize in all areas of roofing:

Shingle Roofs Flat Roofs Repairs & Maintenance