HomeStars  >  Roofing in Toronto  >  J Stewart Roofing Ltd

Reviews for J Stewart Roofing Ltd

ttoh in Toronto
ttoh in Toronto

Quick turn around and very professional

2018's Ice storm caused a leak in my Toronto Semi's roof. John's team came by recommendation from a neighbour who had their roof reshingled in 2017. This was just prior to the crazy windstorm that we had this year and I was fortunate to line up John and his team. By the weekend, they had come over to tarp the damaged roof.

Team was professional, fast and clean. You wouldn't even know that they were there outside of the new roof. John even came buy to search for nails that left on the driveway. I would recommend them again.

SH from North York
SH from North York

New roof, plus follow-up service

This is five years overdue, but a recent followup service impressed me so much that a review finally had to be written. The company who did our skylights five years ago recommended John and his team to replace our old roof at the same time. The quality of J Stewart Roofing's work and service were great and we were happy with the roof. We had no complaints over the last five years, but one of the windstorms this year tore off a few pieces of shingle. We followed up with John, who's team came right away to make the repairs. We subsequently contacted the manufacturer of the shingles to make a claim on the repair costs, since the damage from the windstorm fell under their warranty, but the manufacturer had a laundry list of requirements that would have been challenging to meet in order to process my claim. I contacted John about this, and right away, he took matters into his own hands and followed up with the manufacturer himself. Within a week or two, he sorted everything out for us and we received a check to reimburse us for the repair costs. I was girding myself for a protracted headache with the shingle manufacturer and John made everything painless. I highly recommend J Stewart Roofing for both the quality of their work, but more importantly, for their incredible service. Email replies were always prompt, and John proactively kept me updated with his progress with the shingle manufacturer.

ryan pierce from Toronto
ryan pierce from Toronto

shingle roof replacement

The roof on my bungalow in East York needed to be replaced, so I called J Stewart Roofing on a recommendation from a friend. John called me back right away to schedule a visit for a quote. John had prepared a very detailed quote including photos from up on the existing roof indicating problem areas. He also sent me proof of WSIB coverage and the certificate of his business insurance, without me even having to ask for it! Upon my authorizing the quote, John promptly set up a time frame for the job, and actually ended up fitting it in sooner than expected. John's wife Renai was very helpful in helping me pick a shingle colour, as well as delivering samples to me. The job was completed on time and everything was cleaned up afterwards. I have an attached sunroom which leaked and needed a different roofing treatment to tie it into the house, John and his crew did an exceptional job to fix it using a proper waterproof membrane brought up under the new shingles on the house. J Stewart roofing is a great family business , I would not hesitate to refer them on to others in need of roofing work.

House roof

When shingles blew off our roof during a storm, J Stewart Roofing came and patched and covered the damaged areas until they had time to redo the roof. This was done in a timely fashion and we are very happy with the job that was done. Very professional and the clean up was good.

George in Toronto
George in Toronto

roof reshingling

John telephoned and visited when he said he would. After inspecting our roof he showed us photographs of wind damage to our shingles and offered several options. He then provided a comprehensive and professional written estimate. Once we had accepted this, his team showed up at the appointed time and were fast and efficient in installing our new roof. The team was very careful to protect our outdoor furniture and plants and did a great job cleaning up. Following this, John returned and did a very thorough job of inspecting the finished work. We would unreservedly recommend John and his team to anyone looking for roof repairs or replacement.

Andrea in Toronto
Andrea in Toronto

Semi-detached Roof reshingle and repair

John and his whole team were wonderful to work with. John was very efficient and thorough with the quote - taking pictures of the roof, explaining the damage and what needed to be done. The scheduling and administration aspects of the job were friendly and professional as well. His team was efficient and considerate, leaving the yard very tidy upon finishing the job. We are happy with our new roof and very happy about the whole process in general. Thank you!! - Andrea and Steve

frank and cathy in North York
frank and cathy in North York

roof tiling

Thanks John and company for a job well done. Our roof was in great need of repair and John told us it was an emergency. The crew came in 2 days and completed the job in 1 and a half days just before a big rain storm. We probably would have lost our bedroom ceilings if the new roof had not been installed in such a quick time. Many thanks! Frank and Cathy

Thank you for the great review Frank and Cathy!

New shingles entire roof

Service with J Stewart Roofing is excellent,very professional. John explains what to expect and how the job will be done and make sure job is well done at completion.
We highly recommand.
A.M.

Thanks for the great review A.M.

M4K 1V4 in Old Toronto
M4K 1V4 in Old Toronto

Roof

After close to twenty years, and the wind and ice storms of this past spring, we needed two layers removed, and a new roof . John had been recommended by friends. We were thrilled that the work was done before the scheduled completion date. The roofers were pleasant, and John oversaw the operation regularly. They even included a couple of patches on the garage, which were not additionally invoiced! Great job!

Thanks for the great review!
John

Roof replacement

Contacted this company via email and they called me back immediately. They generated a quote quickly and booked the work the following week. They did a good job on the roof! Would definitely recommend

Thanks for the great review Emily!

More about J Stewart Roofing Ltd

John Stewart, owner of J. STEWART ROOFING Ltd, has been installing roofs for the Toronto area homes and small businesses for over twenty five years. John is an experienced roofer having started roofing at a very young age he learned the basics of roofing and gradually became proficient in both shingling and then flat roofing. These two very different types of roofs require a different knowledge base and a real understanding of this can only be gained through actual hands-on work, so that one can see exactly how the materials work together and why.

Flat roofs are particularly tricky to do and have become a specialty for J. Stewart Roofing Ltd. (For further details check out the newspaper article from the Toronto Star on this website. It is vital to gain real knowledge of the materials & techniques to not get stuck in just one way of doing things and stop there. Larry and John know how important it is to always keep up with the new roofing materials being invented and how they actually work in the field. In this way they have gained a greater library of knowledge on which to draw from, enabling them to know what combination of materials best for each unique customer’s job are presented to them.

We specialize in all areas of roofing:

Shingle Roofs Flat Roofs Repairs & Maintenance