HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Burlington  >  Plugged Piper Drain Service

Ernie
Ernie
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Plugged bathroom sink drain

Called at 9:am on Saturday of a long weekend to arrange to have a bathroom sink drain cleaned. Was promised a call back.

At 1pm we had still not received a call so we called again and were once again promised someone would call us.

Again, nobody called us back so we called in again at 2:30 asking for a call back within 1 hour. Nobody called back.

At 5pm I called another service who called back within 15 minutes to arrange a time to perform the work.

As a courtesy, I called Plugged Piper to cancel and told them I would be leaving negative feedback at this site. Got a call back within 10 minutes saying that the on-call technician's phone had broken at noon and offering to come immediately. I declined as we had made other arrangements.

I would have been understanding if they had contacted us after the second or third call to them. If their technician isn't responding to calls, they should have some process in place to contact another technician or at least indicate that we would not be receiving a timely response.

In the end we had to spend the whole day close to home in order to be available for a call that never came.

The failure to respond after 2 follow up calls is, in my estimation, simply unacceptable.

nakbuildingservices
nakbuildingservices
2 reviews Caledon, ON

Main drain snake

Main drain to the street had a blockage. Plugged piper had someone on site as soon as possible to have the problem resolved. Great service!

Jolene in Toronto
Jolene in Toronto
1 review Hamilton, ON

Sewer Pipe Liner Epic Fail

We had Roy come and give us a quote to line our sewer pipe under the City of Hamiltons Sewer program because we have tree roots growing in our main pipe and its a public tree. His quote came in the cheapest to do the job so the city approved them as our contractor for this job. We booked our appt. Had it rescheduled because their equipment went down(no big deal, totally understand this happens) rebooked the appt. Scheduled the day off work, sent my rescue dogs to daycare, the guys showed up an hour late, but we were thankful the job was getting done. That is until they walked off the job telling us that Roy quoted us too cheap for the size of job we have . They said Roy measured 45 feet of pipe when in fact we only 25 feet of pipe and they said sorry cant do it. They left and we have emailed the city and the plugged piper asking for a remedy and the plugged piper has not said a word. This service is atrocious and i want everyone to know how they do not operate on good principles. Even worse, now the city wants it done at the price it was low-balled, which seems to be a difficult price to honour. Anyone else would honor it as quoted! Its not our error. We would have even had a discussion if they could have offered a solution.....like 'I cant do it for this price but I can for this price'. Instead, we are left high and dry with damaged pipe. Now to start from square one with the city on getting another contractor approved which was a very time consuming venture to begin with. Thanks for nothing, Plugged Piper.

Mike 55  in Burlington

905-333-3044
4380 South Service Road
Burlington
L7L 5Y6

The city wanted my in laws to pay to clear a drain and break up the driveway. When we brought in plugged piper drain service they took over the job and made sure my in laws where treated fairly.

Len Woods got the majority of the work covered. I have since referred the company on several occasions and the each time my contacts have been impressed.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

City 3p Program, upsell with

Horrible. We have been getting the runaround for over a year now regarding relocating a drain they moved and installed on an incline in my basement. Originally used them for city 3P program and rep said it was imperative that they get this drain installed. They moved it to another location that the water literally travels around the new drain and into the spot where the old drain was located. You can't believe the frustration of brushing water up a mini hill with a broom. Water puddles in the spot where the drain used to be. Don't waste your time or money.

Prantap in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Prantap in Niagara-on-the-Lake
1 review Niagara On The Lake, ON

Broken sewer pipe

Called them early in the morning for a sewer backup that had been caused apparently due to a broken sewer pipe. My name is an unusual one and their receptionist took the effort to spell and pronounce it correctly - rather than take the short form that I offered. Was connected to Len who came to the site within an hour of the call. He ran a camera cable through and confirmed it was a broken sewer pipe (due to a pier that had been installed to stabilize the porch which was sinking), he then went to attend another work and came back when the trench diggers came to give them instructions, then went back again to attend another work and then came back when the 10ft. trench had been dug to make the repairs. Completed the repair within the same day!! Whew!!! Very professional, very reassuring, very pleasant and did not seem to cut corners. Highly recommended.

Tracey Chandler in Oakville
Tracey Chandler in Oakville

Backwater Valve Install

From the start with Len's (owner) visit to give me a quote, Melissa's (dispatch) helpfulness and Mike and Scott (installers) workmanship; I have been very happy. I had all my questions answered to the fullest and they were pleasant and courteous while in my home. I have and will recommend this drain company to anyone that wants a job "Well Done". Thanks again...Tracy

DJM from Oakville
DJM from Oakville

Plugged/Broken Sewer Drain

Called company to investigate broken sump pump drainage pipe at my elderly mother's house in Oakville. "Joe" advised the pipe was broken under the front concrete patio of the house and estimated $1600, but would not repair or patch the concrete "because I wouldn't be satisfied with their work". I asked for written quote and copy of the video of the pipe scoping he did. He asked me to attend at the address so that he could measure again and discuss options with me. I had to take vacation time to meet him that afternoon; because he was very busy, I left a phone message prior to leaving the office in North York to ensure timing was confirmed. I called him again upon arrival as he was not there. On the second call, he advised he was in the office, was very busy and that he did not want the job. He said he couldn't provide a video or DVD of the camera work he supposedly did, and hung up on me. I left a return message advising him that it was extremely inconsiderate not to tell me he didn't want the job BEFORE I travelled to the job site, I found his company lacking in professionalism, and that I would be placing a review on Homestars. He then left a message apologizing for the outburst, but felt that I was too impatient for the work to be done (we had been conversing about this repair for about two weeks). The final straw - a neighbor dug BESIDE the concrete pad, found the broken pipe and fixed it for $50. Buyer beware - it appears that he didn't want the job because I wanted a written quote and a copy of the video...

More about Plugged Piper Drain Service

We Specialize in industrial/commercial & residential drain cleaning/service, full plumbing service & repair, CCTV Inspections of drains, High Pressure Hydro Jetting, Mechanical Augering, No Dig Drains solutions, CIPP Liners, Installation of Backwater Valves, 99% of all drains cleared without digging. We are A 24 hour Emergency Service.