Helmutz Landscape & Interlock

Reviews for Helmutz Landscape & Interlock

Jason in Guelph
Jason in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

Landscape product failure, warranty repair issues, poor customer service

Helmutz installed a residential interlock patio in June 2017. I requested a repair at the end of June 2017 which was inadequate. I requested further repairs (interlock has sunk) in Feb. 2018 and it has yet to be addressed (over 3 months and counting) in accordance with the product warranty. The installation crew were great to deal with during the project, but the company's customer service following payment is very unprofessional.

E from Kitchener
E from Kitchener
2 reviews Kitchener, ON

Front yard landscaping

I called Helmutz to do some work on our front yard. They charged us a fortune and the work they did was awful. They re-sodded the grass and planted new plants. But, they didn't kill off the weeds that were already there and they didn't advise us to either. I told the guy who came that we didn't know very much about landscaping (this was our first house) and he promised he would come up with a simple plan. But, he didn't address the weeds that we already had. We had scourge and it is now all through the new grass and new plants. They did the work in the fall and in the spring, you could really see how damaged the new grass and plants were. I called to complain and they sent someone out to look. She said that they should have killed off the weeds before doing the new work. She admitted they made an error. And suggested I use a tiny paint brush to kill off the weeds all through our new garden. I figured that would probably take me 2 weeks straight to kill off all the weeds in our garden. When I called and spoke with Helmut himself, he was extremely rude. He said she shouldn't have told us they made a mistake and could not have cared less that our grass now looks WAY worse than it did before they came. I would not recommend Helmutz landscaping to anyone. They do shoddy work and are rude and aggressive. I have never been so disappointed with a company in my life.

Jeff from Ajax
Jeff from Ajax
4 reviews Ajax, ON

Backyard Interlock Patio

Helmutz Landscape & Interlock
519-836-9832
170 St Leger Street
Kitchener

Initial meeting was great, free estimate was provided and Frank arrived early (as opposed to many appointments who were late or never showed up), and the estimate was provided in a timely manner. Once the work started is where the problems began. Frank called on Friday to advice work would start first thing Monday morning. The crew arrived around 11am on the Monday, didnt come to the door to say they were here. The work they did seemed to be of good quality, completing the excavation and laying the granular A and compacting it. I was adviced the job would be completed by the next day. The next day nobody showed up. Wednesday 2 guys came at around 3pm and worked for an hour or so. The next two days were rained out. Monday once again nobody showed up, I called and was assured that Tuesday there would be a crew there and the job would be finished. Nobody arrived Tuesday. At this point I still have a big mud pit in the backyard. The work thusfar seems to be good, but the communication they provide is awful. I have had 4 pallets of interlock and a excavator stitting on my front lawn for over a week with no end in sight.