Firm Fence

Reviews for Firm Fence

Gail in Etobicoke
Gail in Etobicoke

Wooden fence

We lost our back fence during recent wind storm. Tried several fence companies that never followed up for a quote. Firm Fence quote was reasonable and work completed was very good. I would use them again!

Fence and Gate Gone Wrong

The job was started late and remains incomplete. Office is anxious to bill despite work being unfinished. The most impolite, unprofessional crew. They urinated on my shed. They never cleaned up after themselves. The work was deficient, requiring multiple additional visits. The end product was not installed correctly, as the crew was more concerned with other jobs they had to get to. They cut down a tree, realized they didn't need to, so left it in place, leaned up against the fence, until it fell on my car. They trimmed a tree they were told not to. They spray painted chipped coding rather than fixing it. They Installed gates backwards. They used multiple post sizes. The problems never end...

JennyJay.ca in Toronto
JennyJay.ca in Toronto

Exactly what I wanted

I had a 7'ft black iron fence installed Oct 2017>. I found the installation of the fence to be timely and organized. The materials used are of high quality and the fence gives me the sense of security that I was looking for.
Overall I am completely satisfied with this product and company.

Fence

They built a nice fence but built the door incorrectly. They broke appointments to look at the situation and after several phone calls agreed to send someone to fix the problem. They have not taken care of the problem. I have had to get someone to fix their work. As well, additional supplies for the fence were delevered to the house after the fence was finished. The business appears to be quite disorganized.

90' Fence + 4 Gates

My neighbor and I obtained 5 quotes before we decided to choose Firm Fence. They weren't the lowest price but their customer service and lead time was the deciding factors. My neighbor had already started landscaping and needed the fence installed before he could continue. Firm Fence was able start within 6 working days, while all others were quoting much longer (4+ weeks).

After calling Firm Fence, they were at our place within 2 days to provide the quote. We spent another week obtaining a lot of other quotes, some from other highly rated companies listed on HomeStars. After reviewing all the quotes, Customer Service, and start times, we decided to contract Firm Fence. It was the right choice. Their price was $450 greater than the lowest quote, but considered 90’ of fence and 4 gates, not a bad price at all.

They started work on May 19th and completed it within 2 days. They dug 4’ holes for the 6”x6” posts and installed the fence and lattice exactly as expected. They removed all the old fence, debris and cleaned up as if they were never there.

We love the workmanship, attention to detail and the fact that the owner came by to personally ensure we were satisfied before collecting payment. Both my neighbor and I highly recommend Firm Fence for you fencing needs.

R. Onami from Mississauga
R. Onami from Mississauga

Property Fence

We live in a fantastic neighbourhood with decent sized yards and lots of mature trees. Our area is over 50 years old and I think the original 'chicken wire' fence is all that separated our neighbours in the back. We had to put in a fence as one of the neighbours was installing an in-ground pool and worked together to find the right company to put up the wood fence. Trying to make all the neighbours happy was a challenge but in the end, we're very happy with the outcome.

Lorry measured the length that was to have the fence on our property and truly understood the challenges involved. The quote was prepared to our satisfaction. Perhaps the only area for improvement was being required to drop off the deposit cheque to their office; it's not far away but was inconvenient (Visa or e-transfer was not an option).

Being that this was not a typical fence job, I was also not comfortable with the work schedule. Considering that it was October and the weather can be tricky, I would have preferred more advance notice. Once again, I do understand the coordination effort to be challenging.

The final product is very well done. The posts were all plumb and aligned perfectly. I am skeptical as to how long the posts will stay that way given that the ground is quite sandy. I wasn't present to inspect the depth the posts were installed and trust their professionalism. We had a last minute upgrade to add lattice (not in the photo) and have to note that Lorry had the insight to know that the original 5 foot height was not going to be satisfactory. His recommendation was exactly what ensured all parties involved were accepting of the final product.

The worksite was clean without leftover debris. And I was able to mail the final payment in. I know there are less expensive alternatives available. But in the end, I feel like this was a very good decision to go with Firm Fence because of their experience dealing with multiple parties.

chuck bare from Toronto
chuck bare from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Iron Fence

I decided to use Firm Fence based on the reviews I read here. A couple reviews mentioned the prompt service of 'Daniel', eventually I asked to speak with him and learned that he doesn't work there anymore. Another thing I learned is don't believe everything you read on the internet. I was referred to Firm Fence by the Iron Eagle company itself (the manufacturer I met at a home show) I met with Larry and although he seemed to be bit spacey and not with it, I gave him the benefit of the doubt because of the referral. Immediately after signing up with firm fence I realized I made the wrong choice. Their office is totally unorganized and the lady tried to invoice me without finishing the job. I received half a dozen calls from different office people, asking me the same questions over. Finally when their men came to start the job, I couldn't figure out if they were using sub contractors or not? It wouldn't have mattered except they left a mess after themselves every day they were in my yard and just didn't seem to care. Every time I checked up on them they were either smoking or tossing their smokes in my garden. What I was told would be a two day job ended up to be much longer and although they probably tried hard, I was shocked with the sloppy result that I'll now have to live with (posts are not all level, panels were scratched and then spray painted over, now rusting).
Unfortunately, I would not recommend Firm Fence and probably not use this site again for a reference.
At the end of the day, it's buyer beware, so BE AWARE!

shadow in toronto
shadow in toronto
10 reviews Etobicoke, ON

remove and build a fence in yard

Went to their showroom to look at materials and discuss best type of fencing for our yard. Told them our requirements and they recommended a 5 foot pressure treated fence with overlapping boards.The work was done when promised and yard was cleaned up.