Janssen Homes Ltd

Reviews for Janssen Homes Ltd

SMA in
SMA in

New House Build

I built my first house (a duplex) with Janssen Homes in 2012. This was my first house and I was thrilled with the final result. It was obvious that my home was built with care, attention to detail, and high quality finishes. It was an added bonus that they worked so hard to get me into my house quickly so that I didn't have to renew my previous rental property.
Three years later I decided to sell my starter home and thanks in no small part to the incredible houses Janssen builds, my duplex sold in just 6 days for over $70,000 more than I originally paid.
Needles to say, there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that I would build my next house with Janssen Homes. The second time around, I was involved in every step - from drawings and layout, to structure and mechanics, and all the custom finishes. I moved into my forever home at the end of 2016 and could not be happier.
Every part of my experience with Janssen Homes was met with genuine enthusiasm and professionalism. They made it not only easy for me, put enjoyable. Janssen Homes is the only home builder I was entirely comfortable in trusting with my vision. I knew exactly what my house was going to be and I never for a second had to question or doubt that my dream would be a reality.

Thank you so much for taking time to review us! We are so glad you've had a great experience not once, but twice! We hope your home brings you many years of pride of ownership!

Private User reviews Cochrane, AB

Investment property

I bought a brand new home from this builder and had a great experience end to end. There was consistent and clear communication, easy to deal with and the home is fantastic! I would certainly recommend my experience to anyone.

Thank you for taking time to review! We are glad you've had a great experience!

NM-R in Calgary
NM-R in Calgary

Great Customer Service

Bought a showhome as an investment property from this builder. Only complaint is that the builder chose to put hardwood at the front entry and in the main floor bathroom, instead of tile that stands up much better to moisture (odd choice). Happy to date with the quality of the home and the customer service.

S from Cochrane
S from Cochrane

New home in Cochrane

My husband and I moved into our Janssen Home this summer and could not have been more pleased with the final product. We really enjoyed the building process and felt totally informed along the way with how things were going. Our walk through on possession day was very informative and we felt like every detail of our home had been checked and double checked. We were able to move in on time with very minor, not disruptive deficiencies.
We would recommend building with Janssen Homes because through the research we did prior to choosing a builder, we found them to be a very hands on, and detailed builder which lead to great quality in our home and a sound product.

Thank you so much for taking time to review! We are so glad the home is everything you were looking for. We strive to make sure our customers feel well taken care of.

J from Cochrane
J from Cochrane

New Home

We love our new Janssen home! We were guided expertly through the buying and building process. The workers of Janssen homes always greeted us with a smile and were very helpful with any information requested. They let us spend as much time in the home as needed throughout the building process, and they walked with us through any issues that we had along the way. The whole process of purchasing our home was a great experience and we would highly recommend Janssen homes.

Tara from Cochrane
Tara from Cochrane

New House

Very disappointed with their service. Purchased a new home and we went to do our landscaping this spring and realized we had no backfill placed under our front porch. After multiple emails and phone calls they brought the smallest amount of gravel but not enough to make a dent in the void underneath our porch. Also, because it's a duplex the middle section received no backfill. They didn't even have to do any work except drop off an adequate of backfill. Now we have a gaping void space underneath our front porch which is openly exposed to water which can eventually cause issues to the foundation. However, when I look at every other new house on our street from other builders they do not have this issue. I would highly recommend not purchasing or building a home with Janssen. If you have any issues in your first year it will take ages to fix or not get fixed properly.

Brittany from Calgary
Brittany from Calgary

New house

I recently had a new home built by Janssen Homes and am very happy with it so far. My boyfriend works in the trades and has a very discerning eye, and has also been very pleased with the quality of the workmanship. I was also impressed with the smaller details, like them sending a painting crew a week after we moved in to do touchups caused by moving, free of charge. On the other hand our home was 2 months late, and that seems to have been the story with everyone in our neighborhood so you will want to count on that if you do decide to go with Janssen. I update on how things continue to unfold, but I'm optimistic it will continue to be a good experience.

Bee from Cochrane from Calgary
Bee from Cochrane from Calgary

Home build

I had Janssen build our home in Fireside, Cochrane. DO NOT go with Janssen!! Our house was 3 months past the "expected" build date, and of poor quality. The sales person was nice enough, however once you sign the paper work, don't expect ANY service! It seemed like they were stretched to their capacity. Not enough workers, so our house would sit for multiple weeks at a time without any advancement. Once the workers showed up, it was "hurry up" and wait. I haven't taken possession yet, but have already seen some defects. Not accommodating at all. Once they get their money they don't care at all! Do your research and go with a builder that can handle a busy economy. They seemed out of their league.

Yvonne from Calgary

6 Varanger Place NW
Calgary
AB
T3A 0E9

My experience with Janssen homes was not a positive one. My home, while it looked good on the surface had significant structural issues that Janssen refused to take responsibility for. This was despite being presented with independent structural and geotechnicial reports. I have neighbours who also had their homes built by Janssen and they had similar problems to ours along with a similar negative experience with Janssen.

John from Cochrane
John from Cochrane

built a house

Had a bad experience with the company as it has a disgraced warranty program. It does not follow up on their commitments. I went through a tiring and disappointing experience. With unspeakable hypocrisy the builder keeps promoting the house sales through the quality of the workmanship and quality of the follow up, his company does.

More about Janssen Homes Ltd

From the foundation to the faucets, Janssen Homes has been paying full attention to every square inch of each home for more than 50 years. With a legacy of protecting homeowners, Janssen was one of the founding members of The Alberta New Home Warranty Program in 1974 and has been ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in Calgary?