Brick The - Edmonton

Gussie Grim in Edmonton
Gussie Grim in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

New Home Furniture

Hello everyone. So I’m normally online submitting reviews for restaurants and hotels and came across a post written about a year ago about The Brick, South Edmonton Common, so I thought I’d write one too. My husband and I just recently bought a second home out in Spruce Grove, so we needed all new furniture. We shopped around but our builder gave us a credit for appliances with The Brick Commercial Center, so we decided to try to keep everything from the same place.

Of course, walking into the store we would be bombarded by sales people. Don’t get me wrong, I totally get that these people need to hustle, so good on them. We dealt with one guy who would not give up about this sweet deal on a bed. He promised that if we put a deposit down, they would be happy to hold it for us, he said this a bunch of times, and we said no problem.

The following week, we went to get the rest of our things: sectional, dining set and other random things. The sales person we had was a very nice man, he gave us very good information and helped us choose some nice stuff. We really weren’t asking for any special deals or anything, but they promised big.

So anyway, the bad stuff. My husband went there a couple weeks ago to pay everything off and schedule delivery. After paying, we were then told that the bed was not in stock anymore and they were expecting a shipment in a couple weeks. I told the lady that was ridiculous, because if you ask me to pay a deposit, you cannot then tell me that you don’t have it. So then they said that they would call a week ahead to schedule the delivery, we had to call them when we noticed they weren’t calling us back. Then when my husband called, the associate said that the bed would be in the day after we move. So my husband tried to schedule delivery, the lady was so rude, told him he hadn’t paid for delivery and hung up. He called back and she said yes we paid but delivery was not paid. He tried to tell her that we were promised free delivery as part of their selling tool, but she wasn’t having it. Tell me how you can promise so much stuff, charge us thousands of dollars, not have what we paid for in stock and then turn around and give attitude. We told them that they could just drop our stuff in the driveway and we will install it ourselves. As for the bed, we will pick it up if we have to, but they are not getting a dime from us.

At this point, I just hope my items arrive in good condition. I will no longer be recommending that people go to The Brick.

Patrick E from Edmonton
Patrick E from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Desk

Purchased desk, the desk did not come with instructions to assemble. Instructions were to be mailed, never arrived, on follow up, I was told they could not provide the instructions. I assembled myself without instructions, drawer does not open or close.

Furniture Purchase

The furniture that I purchased was a good price but dealing with the delivery people was a huge head ache. Only some of the pieces were ready on time, and it was very difficult to co-ordinate the delivery of the missing pieces. Some of the table legs were damaged so they were replaced for free but after they had been replaced I kept getting calls from The Brick to say that my table legs were in and could be picked up.

Stacy Kozmech in Edmonton
Stacy Kozmech in Edmonton
3 reviews EDMONTON, AB

Sofa purchase

I love the bricks promotional prices, they are so appealing. When you actually get there and see the furniture it is such poor quality...but is it worth the price. I find that to spend $500 on a couch that only lasts 3 years works for me, in 3 years I want a different syle couch anyway!

wei wang in Edmonton
wei wang in Edmonton
4 reviews ,

Fridge bought There

the sales guys is really friendly. he's pretty helpful to assist us to pick a better deal. we got a Samsung SS Fridge for less than 1 k dollars. we are still pretty happy about the deal. Delivery was fast and guys are professional, they took a roll of carpet to avoid getting my flooring dirty.

great service overall.

LIZ in Edmonton
LIZ in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

MICROWAVE& DISHWASHER REPAIR

The microwave would not turn and the dishwasher rack was broken. So i called the Brick to have them come fix it. They came right away and replaced the parts that were needed. They did the job in an efficient and timely manner. i was satisfied with the work done.