Appliance Retailers

Chuck in Sherwood Park
Chuck in Sherwood Park
1 review Sherwood Park, AB

Fridge (Icemaker) repair through Costco

Just want to give a Shout Out to APTCO and their service. Yes it took a couple days to get a service call scheduled but it was for our icemaker; not the working condition of the fridge. Brian came out and based on his experience knew immediately what the issue was. He ordered parts and they came in within 2 weeks and a service call to our place resulted i quick repair. Brian is knowlegable and personable. Very happy with the work he did!!

John in Edmonton
John in Edmonton

Saved the day

My wife calls me at work with the dreaded, “there’s an error code on the fridge” great right, we google the code and try unplugging it, still not working.Long story short, they fixed it the next day, you can trust these guys! not something you can say about a lot of compNies these days.

Chris in Ottawa
Chris in Ottawa

Kitchenaid dishwasher warrenty service

They have the absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced!! Don't ever use them!

We had a warranty issue with our Kitchenaid dishwasher and they sent out APTCO, after waiting all day the service tech showed up at 5PM who said I don't know. He ordered parts a week later my wife waited all day for the tech who never arrived as he was suppose to.
We Phoned to complain, and got very rude and unapologetic staff, this was also the same with the owner of APTCO!

Tell Kitchenaid to send someone else, they will. APTCO will never step foot in my house again!

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Warranty Service Repair

780-471-2585
12055 76 Street NW
Edmonton
AB

Worst customer service ever. Was forced to use this company because they are the approved extended warranty service provider for my KitchenAid refrigerator.

About two weeks ago called extended warranty company to arrange for service, sent the dispatch to Aptco Appliance Sales & Service and I was informed someone would be calling me to scheduling an appointment. I informed both the warranty company and the service vendor that I needed a call 30 minutes prior to the tech arriving as I only work 15 minutes from my house and I was not going to take a full day off from work. (the only appointment window they could give me was 8-5).

On the day of the appointment I received a phone call shortly after 1 pm saying I was the techs next call, I left work and went home. Where I proceeded to wait around another hour and a half before the tech arrived. When he arrived he barely said 50 works, no hello sir, no apology, nothing. Came in, I explained to him my issues, he listened to my refrigerator and then told me he had to order parts and someone from the office would call to schedule an appointment.

This past Tuesday received call saying that parts were in and they would like to come out to do the work on Wednesday. I informed them that Wednesday would not work and Thursday afternoon would be best. The dispatch lady grumbled and made some excuse that they only did all day appointment... blah blah blah ... I reiterated that I needed a call 30 minutes prior to tech coming out and that I only work 15 minutes from my home so I was not taking off a full day of work to sit around waiting for a technician to show up.

Yesterday (Thursday) received no phone call, and as I had another appointment in the afternoon I headed home. When I got home called Aptco to find out where the tech was and was treated rather rudely. Told that they called me at 9:45 AM and left a message, that I should have answered my phone, yet there is absolutely no call record on my cellphone of any incoming call at 9:45 nor any message left. Was told that I was next on the techs scheduled but he might not show up because he has a dentist appointment. Oh really! Now I was irate, why schedule someone if a) you can't make it and b) don't you think it would be common courtesy to call the customer? Was again told I should have answered my phone as I would have been informed this, WTF! Told them to get a tech out here now and that I was sending them a bill for the time I had to take of work, etc.

Was transferred to Garry (service manager or owner?) he was a little more apologetic explained the situation, tried to make excuses for the person answering the phone, the dispatcher who apparently called me at 9:45 and the technician. Told him I did not care that I wanted this fixed. He told me he would call the tech and get back to me, which he did surprisingly, unfortunately the tech was not answering his phone and the prior call was taking longer than expected. So I should not expect him today. Wow, great customer service. So now I have to take another day off work to get my fridge repaired. What he did promise me was the tech would be here first thing in the morning.

And first thing Friday the tech arrived, again no hello, how are you, sorry I missed your appointment yesterday, not even a smile. Just walked in past my wife to the kitchen and started working. Don't think he even said two words the whole 2 hours he was in my house. He even ignored my son (who is 4) when he said hello or even tried to talk to him. Extremely rude and unprofessional.

Will never use this company again, even if I need something repaired under warranty.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Service Fee Outrageous

As of 2016 Aptco charges $94.45 "service fee" to visit your home. I had an appliance out of order and over the phone they were very confident they could fix it, they were provided with model number and a suspected diagnosis. A day later a service man came over and wrote down the model number again and said he didn't have the part and it would be 5-10 days before he could get it. Astonished that he did not come prepared we canceled the repair service and received a bill for his visit. Phone someone that is going to come with the part. This company wastes your time and money.

H in Ardrossan
H in Ardrossan
11 reviews Ardrossan, AB

Repair of appliances

We had warranty work performed by Aptco and they were quick in responding and coming out to do the repair. The repairman who came was very knowledgeable and knew exactly what repair was needed. He completed the work in great time and cleaned up after himself. I would use them again, even not for warranty work.

Phil from Edmonton
Phil from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Repair of Dishwasher (4 months old)

They need to take the word service out of their name -- it is false advertising. Called Feb 1st for warranty fix -- 12 weeks later still not fixed. 2 repair men sent out 2 weeks apart and indicated it would take 7 to 10 days to get the parts. 70+ days later still no part. Excuse -- the first repairman did not submit the order paperwork, 2 week later the second repair man cam out same recognized problem (Middle of Feb sometime) -- March 15th still no part and not fixed. Wow - how does one stay in business this long with this "less-than" shabby service. Lesson learned - future purchases of appliance ask who their service person is for the product -- if it is Aptco -- DO NOT BUY IT!!!

Karla from Sherwood Park
Karla from Sherwood Park
1 review Sherwood Park, AB

Built in Refrigerator

Aptco has fixed the same problem over and over. Most recently they replaced the evaporator for $725. Freezer AGAIN stops freezing after 4 months. Repairman comes and after he leaves the whole fridge doesn't work. It's been 7 days without a fridge and they say I need another evaporator. The repairman had to come quite a few times to tweak all the problems the new parts had but he was committed to fixing it and the second bill was not too overwhelming despite his many visits.

Review has 1 previous version
Nancy from St. Albert
Nancy from St. Albert
1 review St Albert, AB

Washing Machine

I thought my washing machine was broken, but as it turned out it was only excess suds preventing the machine from spinning at full speed, the repairman was extremely courteous and prompt. The work was under warranty so no cost.

Brenda from Edmonton
Brenda from Edmonton
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Clothes Dryer reparis

When I phone the receptionist/dispatcher was very helpful, asking for information and assisting me in providing the right information. The repairman was courteous and did a good job, telling me what was wrong with my dryer and giving me advice about maintenance.