Bowen Bert Ltd

BKP from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Patio Door

What a disappointment!
My late parents had all new windows installed by Bowen many years ago and were exceptionally pleased with the quality and service. When I needed new windows for a previous house, I also went to Bowen and received an excellent product and superb service. It seemed logical to go to Bowen for a replacement patio door for my current house.
I could not be more disappointed. I ordered a patio door in late October and paid a deposit. I was assured that my new patio door would be installed before Christmas. In early January, I received a voice-mail from Joe, the salesman I'd dealt with. When I called back, no one seemed to have any record of my order. A few days later, John, a supervisor called to say the patio door had not yet been ordered! John did everything he could to convince me to cancel my order. As I do need to replace my warped and very drafty patio door, and as there is no other distributor in Ottawa for the brand I selected, I insisted they put a rush on the order. I also requested a call from the owner, to try to understand what went wrong. Almost six weeks later: complete silence from Bowen.
Verdict: four months and still waiting, not even the courtesy of a phone call, let alone some gesture to compensate for my exorbitant heating costs cranking up the heat to stay warm.
Advice: take your business elsewhere.