Sprinkler Systems
BC
Sprinkler Systems

Reviews for University Sprinklers

Great Bail out

Our landscaping company failed in their role to manage the irrigation on our property. We have had multiple cedars die, incurring significant expense. In checking the system, we found multiple breaks in piping and broken sprinkler heads. University Sprinkler representative, Joël, showed up on short notice. He repaired all of the deficiencies, spending the best part of a day at our property. Several pipes were repaired, the system was checked, and he confirmed that all units were working. One Cedar was removed, as there was a pipe breakage under the roots, and that Cedar may need to be replaced in the future, if it does not recover. This was urgent, as we were in the midst of a hot spell, and plants were at risk. In my opinion, this was service as it should be provided.

Raeanne in Vancouver
Raeanne in Vancouver
2 reviews West Vancouver, BC

Irrigation Remediation, Lighting Installation and Service

This company works in a franchise-type mode, sending out a revolving door of workers with variable skill-levels each visit. Installation and service are handled separately and you cannot request the original installer. Even during the middle of an irrigation remediation contract, a different set of workers was sent out. They were a father and son team who couldn't speak English and did not want to take instructions from me. The result- an aesthetic mess (including mud-packed footprints on my deck and steps) that I had re-done a year later by another company I HIGHLY RECOMMEND but am not allowed to mention by HomeStars. Because of this constant stream of different contractors, there is no accountability. Once the installation work is completed, you are left high and dry. I didn't even know where my lighting timers were located nor was I given a manual or emailed a link to it. I DO NOT RECOMMEND University Sprinklers.

Rob in Delta
Rob in Delta
0 reviews Delta, BC

Irrigation System

University Sprinklers installed an irrigation system in the common garden area of our Strata complex. They did an excellent job. The installation was done quickly and efficiently and, despite the significant digging up of lawn and garden areas to install the system, on completion you would never know that the area had been disturbed. Customer service for followup issues was excellent. Highly recommend this company.

Two-year customer

Quality of technician varies drastically from service to service apparently. The first year with this company went by with no problems. In fall of the following year we had their technician winterize our system, but he didn't seem to know what he was doing compared to the previous technicians. Lo and behold next spring, when we hired them to recharge the system, their technician found that an 3/4" plastic ABS cap had the centre of it blown open and told us he couldn't turn on the system. They tell me it'll take another week to schedule a fix, I say no thanks and he leaves the system as is. Next couple days I get an invoice for 200 bucks.
So I call in to the office to discuss the invoice, since the work that we hired them for wasn't done (turning on the sprinklers), and they immediately deny any wrongdoing and don't offer any solutions.
Thanks for your service these past couple years, but I'll be looking for a new company.

UPDATE: The company president, Ron, helped us with the issue after writing this review. Score was changed to reflect this.

Review has 1 previous version
J&J in Gibsons
J&J in Gibsons
1 review Roberts Creek, BC

Irrigation upgrade

Exceptional service sums up our experience with University Sprinklers for this project. Chris and Franco were efficient, competent and courteous. Doug contributed his technical expertise and ensured the system was up and running. University Sprinklers is the company to choose if you're looking for ongoing professional service. They come when you call, arrive on time And do what they promise.

Fredrick Chang from Burnaby
Fredrick Chang from Burnaby
8 reviews Burnaby, BC

Sprinkler System Spring Startup

University Sprinklers always responded to our calls promptly with courtesy. They keep my sprinkler system well maintain throughout the year; for spring start up or winterization; they even make sprinkler heads adjustments if needed. Thanks for the good work.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

A good company until something goes wrong and then good luck getting any help

I was a twice-yearly customer for over 7 years. Everything was fine as long as there was no problem with the system. This spring Abe the service person came out to do the start up and told us not to turn it on until May. First day in May we turn on our sprinklers and one of the sprinklers is malfunctioning and flooding and washing our topsoil into the neighbour's yard. Phoned University Sprinklers to tell them and talked with Carol who basically negated everything I said. ie "He doesn't say that to customers etc" She is unable to send anyone until after the May long weekend to our house and calling Ron the owner results in him telling me that there is nothing he can do. ie there is a drought, you can hand-water, shut off the system and wait until we send someone in 3 weeks. Ron is equally insistent that the sprinkler head malfunctioned after the service. University Sprinklers must be the only game in town because the company culture does not seem to be one that cares too much about what happens after they get paid.

My apologies that we are unable to look at the issue sooner. Having had one of the driest Aprils on record all 13 of our service staff are fully booked. If a problem is discovered after start up we return to determine why it failed and repair it. In this case an entire zone of heads on the system are barley working while one head on the zone is flooding out. It would be difficult to miss this obvious problem during a start up. Most head failures are related to shovels hits , air-ration , lawn edgers and other external factors. The problem zone can be turned off and the remaining system used until we can return. I am sorry the overwhelming demand has left us unable to return sooner and that we are upsetting good clients because of the situation. We are working hard to increase our staff levels to handle peak times.

Ron Wizinsky

Monika in Surrey
Monika in Surrey
5 reviews Surrey, BC

Sprinkler system install

I called 3 companies to get quotes for a sprinkler system installation. The requirement for the companies I chose was irrigation certification accreditations.
The first company I contacted (highly rated on homestars) was quite rude in email and telephone conact until I mentioned Homestars, then the tone changed and the person gave me an over the phone, site unseen estimate. Not going with that company.
Two companies came out for site inspections and provided an estimate.
One company's representative was quite 'rough around the edges'. He changed his answers / descriptions of work to be done such as:
- accessing a portion of the yard on the opposite side of driveway
- use of my home's existing 1/2 copper piping vs. installing 3/4" water supply to accommodate better water flow
- drilling through the concrete house foundation vs. going over the foundation (avoid drilling) based on questions I asked I learned from research and other installers
- variance in the estimate pricing for items crutial to a system installation. Not going with this one either.
The third company I chose for an estimate was UNIVERSITY SPRINKLERS.
Chad was my estimator, he was VERY INFORMATIVE, HONEST, OPEN, REALISTIC and very detailed in his discription of what the job would entail - location / types of sprinlkler heads, access lines and control boxes. Chad provide honest / realistic answers to ALL questions I had and never made me feel like I was bothering him with my 'need to know the whole process brain'. Chad even contacted the city on my behalf to request the curb stop house water supply be repaired as it was broken (had been since I lived in the house, 13 years).
I felt VERY comfortable with the information Chad provided and the estimate was very appropriate for the amount of physical labour and the materials required for the job.
The installers came out on time, cleaned up after every days work (so well that I could not tell they were even in my yard!), did an amazing job with the grass relacement (could not tell where they had lifted the sod and laid lines), placed sprinkler heads in very strategic locations and so much more. They even locked the back gate so my dog would not get out. I felt like they cared.
I have had many companies / workers in my home over the years and I can HONESTLY say that this was THE BEST EXPERIENCE I have had with work done on my home. I am looking forward to a long and happy relationship with University Sprinklers.
Thank you University Sprinklers!

K. Buffett from North Vancouver
K. Buffett from North Vancouver
2 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Lawn Irrigation System

We hired University Sprinklers to install an irrigation system on the property....they showed up on time, completed the project on time and on budget. They came back for a follow up service when we had questions. They come back to maintain the system as needed.

carol s from Vancouver
carol s from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

sprinklers and lighting

Super happy! Had the front yard done 4 or 5 years ago and am now having University fix the Back yard that was wrecked by another company! (The bad companies parts were cheap and did not last even one year! and they did no follow up to my complaints.) University was fantastic and I wish I had used them for everything years ago! Bad company was suppose to be 2 hundred cheaper, was a joke. University was a good price and excellent long term results. Thank you University Sprinklers for peace of mind and excellence! Great people who actually care!

More about University Sprinklers

University Sprinkler Systems Inc. is the largest installer of residential & commercial irrigation in BC. Our many years of success, since 1983, have come from a strong understanding of our customers' needs. Whether our client is a commercial contractor, a residential builder, a home owner, or a commercial property management ...
Looking for Sprinkler Systems pros in TSAWWASSEN?