Bickell's Flooring & Complete Decorating Centre

Paint & Wallpaper Retailers
380 Lorne E Stratford ON
HomeStars  >  Paint & Wallpaper Retailers in Stratford  >  Bickell's Flooring & Complete Decorating Centre

Reviews for Bickell's Flooring & Complete Decorating Centre

Jason in Stratford
Jason in Stratford
1 review Saint Marys, ON

Flooring Install

I always thought that Bickell's was the go to place in Stratford for flooring and paint. However, the end results of my experience with them has made me change my tune and I will never again spend my money at this store.

I purchased some ceramic tile and vinyl flooring from them and decided to get professional installation as well. The plan was to install both floors and then come back in a week to grout. I arrived home from work that evening to find my sink ripped off the wall, my toilet in the bathtub and no vinyl flooring installed. When I asked why this was done, they told me they don't install toilets due to insurance reasons. When I pressed them to why then it was removed if no flooring was installed, they could not give me an answer because they sub-contract out their installers. To top it all off, when I received my invoice for the final work, they charged me for removing the toilet!!! I was never informed (on paper, in person, or by phone) that I needed to remove fixtures from the room before install and I certainly was not informed that if I didn't do so, I would be charged for the work.

While I understand the reasoning behind why they do not install fixtures, some heads up or warning would have been nice. I recommend you look somewhere else if you expect any sort of quality customer service. The reason I didn't put 1 star was because at least the floor looked good when finished.

P. E. from Stratford
P. E. from Stratford
3 reviews Stratford, ON

Carpet on hallways & stairs

We are very satisfied with the commercial carpet that was placed in our upstairs hallway and on our stairs. The carpet's quality is excellent. The employees were friendly and knowledgeable.