Cartwright Lighting

7301 11 Street SE
Calgary
AB
T2H 2S1

Bought ridiculously expensive LED dining fixture , paid for their installation, 1 month after it made a buzzing sound and died. Called the store. They assured me that the fixture is under warranty and I will get replacement within 6 weeks, however then they called back and said that they are not ordering a replacement instead they will send their technicians to assure that it is really dead. Well, the issue is once you paid big bucks for the fixture their technicians are not really in a hurry to come to your house. will have to wait 2 weeks until they are kind enough to visit my house to make sure that this thing really does not work. Then they will bring it back to the store trying to revive this piece of crap.And if it will not revive (imagine my stress if it does and then dies again) they will make an order and in that ridiculous long period of another 6 weeks we might get a new one... All this time we are supposed to live without fixture above our dining table.
Way to go, cartwright, way to go...

PS: Oh, by the way, good luck calling them if you have any issues with their product. you might wait ages for them to return your call.

Hello,
We are sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to find a positive resolution. Please reach out to our management team (we can be reached at 403-270-8508) so that we can assist. Thanks.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Rude Service on Phone

I bought lights for my whole house from Cartwright, some of which had crystal on them. After we moved in I picked up the crystal from the store and waited about a week and a half to put it on the lights. It turns out we were missing about three strings of crystal from our dining room light so I called Cartwright to see about getting replacements. I was but through to someone named BONNIE who wouldn't even let me finish speaking before rudely interrupting me to ask me if I "called my builder". I said no and before I could continue she immediately said I had to call my builder, she wouldn't even listen to me or let me finish a sentence. She would not explain to me why I had to go through them when all I needed were a couple replacement strands and every time I tried to ask or even speak she just kept telling me to "call the builder". Well I'm sorry but how can you call yourself a customer service company when you have people like this woman refusing to help you?? She was extremely rude, dismissive, and not even the least bit helpful. Whichever department Bonnie works in, it should not be customer service that's for sure!

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry to hear about your recent and disappointing experience with one of our team members. As a company we do strive to extend exceptional service to all our customers but we have obviously fallen short. We take your input very seriously and we will follow up accordingly. I would be happy to speak with you personally so we can sort out the issue you are having. Please feel free to contact me at 403-270-8508. Thanks. Byron Vandekraats, Manager, Cartwright Lighting.

Jill in Calgary
Jill in Calgary

Looks good

I bought overhead lights for my whole top floor and, with their recommended fixtures (based on pics of my place), the result is fantastic. The woman who helped us seemed to pay attention to what I was looking for and led me to products that fit these needs perfectly. The result is a huge improvement. Thanks!

Jill, thank you for the wonderful compliments! We are happy to hear that our staff was able to give you the service you deserve!! Hope to see you again someday soon, and Happy Holidays!!!

Angie Hung from Calgary
Angie Hung from Calgary

lighting - floor lap

Fast customer service. Liked how they opened the box to ensure it was all there. Only problem was that we asked if we could take the lamp base home without the box, so that we didn't have to deal with the box/styrofoam packaging, but we weren't given everything in the box!! So we drove half an hour home only to find out that the harp and bulb set was still in the box back at the store! We confirmed over the phone. Tony D and the 2 guys that helped my mom and I take the lamp base to the car should have realized we were missing a necessary part to put together the lamp. But after all this, the customer service including Amber and Abdi were very nice.

Angie, thank you for the positive feedback regarding our customer service. Our company philosophy focusses a lot on ensuring strong customer service, and even though we made an error, I am happy to hear that it was cleared up for you in a timely manner.

I understand how frustrating it must have been to get home and realize you were missing pieces, we will be sure to go over your review with our staff and remind them how important it is to check each box thoroughly before the customer leaves the store.

We look forward to working with you and your mother in the future.

Michael in Calgary
Michael in Calgary

Product

We went to Cartwright for some crystal chandelier lights since they have more selections. Their pricing seemed more reasonable and better deal then their close by competitor. The only issue that we had was that our light went up in price due to the CDN dollar went down vs the US dollar. I would recommend them to friends and family.

Hello Michael,

Thank you so much for your review! I understand your frustration with the change of price, but unfortunately the dollar is always changing and we have to reflect that in our pricing. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience and hope that we can assist you again in the future!

Jay from Calgary
Jay from Calgary

new kitchen lighting

Loved Cartwright. They were recommended by out contractor and service was awesome. I liked how they take the lighting out of the box and test it before you leave the store. Selection is great, so many different non box store styles. Would buy from again. Recommended.

Hello Jay, we are very glad to hear that your had a positive experience with us and look forward to doing business with you again in the future.

Carol from Calgary
Carol from Calgary

Light Fixtures

I bought a fixture from Cartwright over four years ago and one socket stopped working. I phoned Cartwright and spoke to Rebecca in the service department and she was an absolute sweetheart and very friendly. She was helpful and professional and not hesitant at all in helping me. I had a tech in my home six days later and he fixed and even cleaned my light, he even adjusted the height for me! I will always go to Cartwright first and recommend it to everyone!

Thank you for the positive feedback Carol. We pride ourselves on being a quality service company and are dedicated to giving exceptional customer service. It is nice to get acknowledged.

Jar from Calgary
Jar from Calgary

Lighting

Only good thing is selection. Prices even on sale were more than other bricks and mortar stores and online the same items are much less expensive.

They charge a hefty install price too on top of everything & good luck getting an install in anything less than about two months (won't tell you this when you order)! They even charge for every light bulb!

Definitely a mistake to go with Cartwright unless you don't care about value & just want to save time - their selection is good!

I am sorry to hear that your experience was negative in any way. It is nice to hear constructive criticism and I hope to address a few of your issues.

Please note that in the future if you find the same light fixture at another store or online that is less expensive, we would be happy to review the quote and see if we can adjust our pricing to accommodate you, that goes for installation as well.

As for light bulbs, the reason we charge for them is because the customer has the option to choose what type of light bulb they want in their fixture; incandescent, halogen, fluorescent or LED, therefore we do not include them with the fixture.

I hope that this addresses your issues and that we would see you again in our store sometime soon.

Have a great day Jar!

rocko calgary from Calgary
rocko calgary from Calgary

kitchen

They informed me 30 days after I purchased the fixtures that the they were out of stock.. so pick another fixture and wait another 6-8 weeks...maybe

disorganized and way over priced

example:Aladdin Light Lift ALL200 - Standard Mount 200 sells for $1570.14 on their website

You can buy in online for $604.00 delivered for $800.00 USD

Google it if you have any doubts

bottom line: service, product and price is what makes any company successful they failed on all three!

save your time and money look elsewhere

More about Cartwright Lighting

Established in Calgary in 1979, Cartwright Lighting has experienced continuous growth over the last 30+ years.