Cottonwood Nursery

Puffy in Qualicum beach
Puffy in Qualicum beach
1 review QUALICUM BEACH, BC

Hanging Baskets

I am basing my review on 3 years of experience purchasing hanging baskets from Cottonwood, both custom ordered and pre-planted for sale at the nursery. The baskets look very lovely when you first get them. However, what I failed to realize upon my initial delight was the reality that the baskets have been so fertilized and pushed to maturity that by the time they hang in your own garden for a few weeks, they are exhausted and unable to continue producing at the same rate. All three years the baskets came with aphids and other critters. Two of the four baskets I purchased this year were only 2/3rds filled will soil. I wish I could give a better rating because of how lovely the containers look in the beginning but it's only an illusion. Baskets that I have purchased elsewhere or made myself end up being nicer in the long run.