Gibson's Home Furnishings

Review for Gibson's Home Furnishings

Al in York Region
Al in York Region

Custom Media Chest

Shortly after the X-mas holidays, we started looking for a media chest for our bedroom. We looked at a number of stores but couldn't find anything that was 'perfect'. Not sure what to expect from a custom furniture builder, I decided to pay Gibson's a visit since I was in the area.

Jamie and his team were very helpful from design all the way to delivery of the custom media chest I requested. I needed a media chest that was "high and wide" and he worked with me to design exactly what I was looking for.

Furniture was built in the time frame he promised and was excellent quality! (including nice touches like half blind dovetails). I brought him a drawer from our existing furniture for colour reference and he did a fine job matching it up.

Process from start to finish:
1. Send design request to Gibson's Home Furnishings
2. Receive quote with design drawings.
3. Fine tune design (i.e. I asked for rounded corners for child safety)
4. Select hardware/stain.
5. Wait for production /delivery.

Very straigtfoward process! He delivered the product withing a 30 minute window (I live in Toronto) and his delivery person was polite, removed his shoes in the house and helped me move the furniture to its destination.

Quality furniture at a reasonable price. Thank you!

More about Gibson's Home Furnishings

Handcrafted solid wood furniture for every room your home
Looking for Furniture Designers & Custom Builders pros in Waterloo?