My name is Slava and I am the owner of SIMMCO Inc. First and foremost, I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectation. I apologize that you have encountered an unfortunate experience from our service. We really appreciate your feedback and I would like to take this chance as an opportunity to clarify the misunderstanding:
1. As you admit, we have been servicing you for several years and every time with a positive result. At SIMMCO Inc., our goal is to provide our customers with a professional “red carpet” service each and every time. It is one of the most important aspects of our business.
2. Because there is no Service Agreement between the company and yourself (we do not have annual service agreements for residential work, commercial only) every time the customer has to book the appointment with us. Last time you booked for annual furnace tune-up service (this service ($120.00) did not include duct cleaning) also, you request to have us perform a humidifier service for an additional charge. Duct cleaning should be performed every 3-4 years (By NADCA standards) Even if you requested to add duct cleaning for this service and by mistake we did not add it, we did call you a day before the service to remind you and confirm the appointment. We specified that we would be coming for a furnace tune-up service only.
3. We always give an approximate time for appointments due to weather and road conditions as well as call customers ½ hour before arriving. Your appointment was between 3:00-4:00 PM. If you recall, on January 14 there was a snow storm (you can cheek online weather forecast) and in the afternoon we advised you that we will be arriving late due to weather conditions but you agreed to wait, and for that we really appreciated your patience.
4. When we arrived, we informed you once more that you only requested the furnace tune-up service and duct cleaning would require additional time or you would need to book another appointment, but you reassured us that it is okay and you will book duct cleaning at a later date. As an apology for the delay we provided you with a free inspection of the humidifier Model WAIT 500 (this is “do- it yourself “ model from Home Depot), which has a stack solenoid valve in which we recommended to have it replaced. Unfortunately we do not repair WAIT humidifiers and we closed the by pass house since the humidifier was un-functional.
5. After a few months when you began having issues with heat, you actually called my personal phone . Since I was not in the office and did not have access to our schedule I told you that I will pass your request to reception and have someone give you a call back. Irina from the office did return your call but there was no answer. Even if you had called my personal phone again, I may not have been able to respond, but you also had never left any massages regarding your issue. You had never returned our call, complained or asked for a reimbursement for your expenses for the repair of your furnace by another technician, if these were actually caused by our poor service.
6. The other technician informed you that we had left a clogged furnace flame sensor (I assume that is what you mean when referring to “frame sensor”) is simply untrue. If you remember, you had two technicians a senior and an intern. In which case the senior technician was supervising this service. Even if both of them had missed the flame sensor inspection and it was really covered with soot, the sensor would not sense the heat from the flame and would cause the burner to shut off a few seconds later. As you admitted, you start having the problem a couple months later and cleaning of the sensor by the other technician does not solve the problem right away. The gas valve as you said was “not functioning well”. Your furnace is over 10 years old and parts tend to fail over time. Unfortunately, even with a regular tune-up (gas valve is not repairable part) you can only adjust the gas pressure that is delivered to the burner (in your case its 3,5 IWC) and there is no way to predict and avoid the possibility of fail.
Just to clear up all of the misunderstanding, I would gladly look in to the statement from the other technician regarding the issue, if you could please provide me with one.
We try very hard to provide excellent service to our customers, as the overwhelming majority of our reviews suggest. Being accountable and transparent is an important part of our business.
That is why I was deeply concerned when I heard about your issues. I do hope you do not judge the entire company by this one experience. We strive to do just one thing and that is to create a positive human connection. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions or comments, and if there is anything we can do to help restore your experience.
Thank you for the feedback.